Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tidy profit I imagine

Which reminds me, Rafa Mir and the big American lad whos name escapes me... £15m between them? What happened to that money, anyone?

Add to the fact we took a loan out.. What is going on fosun?? Is this club in debt or something? And to who, the owners? Something does not seem right to me.
The owners plan to plough 50 million into grasshoppers in the next few years according to this article.Maybe they have put us on hold.

See grasshoppers forum that reveals rest of hidden article content behind paywall.

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The owners plan to plough 50 million into grasshoppers in the next few years according to this article.Maybe they have put us on hold.

See grasshoppers forum that reveals rest of hidden article content behind paywall.

Or maybe it's an easy way of giving us money indirectly, by buying all our loans we don't want

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your have gotta laugh at this forum haven't ya ... everyone was moaning about Saiss last summer, some where putting him on their selling list...people were saying sell him for 4m......And nw some are moaning we haven't sorted his new contract out already.......

Last summer it was 'we better not sell adama for 30m'....the reality is Saiss might end up at a big club for nowt and we will be stuck with adama......
Its the staff at Wolves who have to make the right decision.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think you have thought that through. Its not a case of bravado , its that he is not valueless ?
His value may decrease but it might increase if he gets game time and scores, and assists, it can hardly be worse on that account.
Fosun will know his value to us today . And what his market value is , Mendes can help here.
Spurs want him they pay it by that set date, or there is little point in selling him. But your idea that Spurs hold all the cards is wrong ,because I assume Conte wants him.
What power or position of strength exactly do we have in this negotiation? We have a player that’s not particularly producing, is receptive to a move, has 18 months left on contract and doesn’t want to sign a new one.
Those are pretty much all of the ingredients for a low asking price, short of a public bust-up and ostracised from the squad.

If he was playing out of his skin, then it’s a different story. Because we’d be willing to keep him til the end of the season, or even run the contract down til the end and lose him for free, getting £20m worth out of him in goals, assists, potentially prize money/european qualification.
Like Burnley are willing to do with Tarkowski.

The players that go for massively inflated fees are those on 3+ year contracts, that are regular starters, and performing well. That’s when the selling club have all the power, can name a price and stick to it.
Because they don’t want to sell, they have something to gain by not selling, that only a massive fee would definitely outweigh.
We do not have anything to gain by keeping Adama, hence the constant lowballing.
As for his value increasing, that’s virtually impossible with 18 months left and refusing a new one. He’d have to suddenly learn the parts of his game that he lacks, make good runs, decisions, and finishing….which would then negate the issue with contract extension because he’d be worthy of being a top earner!

Last edited:

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your have gotta laugh at this forum haven't ya ... everyone was moaning about Saiss last summer, some where putting him on their selling list...people were saying sell him for 4m......And nw some are moaning we haven't sorted his new contract out already.......

Last summer it was 'we better not sell adama for 30m'....the reality is Saiss might end up at a big club for nowt and we will be stuck with adama......
Yep it’s a fabulous forum with lots of different opinions regarding the players, the club and transfers.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Neres going to Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine for €15m.
I would’ve gladly sold Traoré and got Neres for that fee.
Here's has been poop for a couple of seasons (so I read when I wondered why he was going for so cheap). Bit like Digne. Big name in bad form

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What power or position of strength exactly do we have in this negotiation? We have a player that’s not particularly producing, is receptive to a move, has 18 months left on contract and doesn’t want to sign a new one.
Those are pretty much all of the ingredients for a low asking price, short of a public bust-up and ostracised from the squad.

If he was playing out of his skin, then it’s a different story. Because we’d be willing to keep him til the end of the season, or even run the contract down til the end and lose him for free, getting £20m worth out of him in goals, assists, potentially prize money/european qualification.
Like Burnley are willing to do with Tarkowski.

The players that go for massively inflated fees are those on 3+ year contracts, that are regular starters, and performing well. That’s when the selling club have all the power, can name a price and stick to it.
Because they don’t want to sell, they have something to gain by not selling, that only a massive fee would definitely outweigh.
We do not have anything to gain by keeping Adama, hence the constant lowballing.
As for his value increasing, that’s virtually impossible with 18 months left and refusing a new one. He’d have to suddenly learn the parts of his game that he lacks, make good runs, decisions, and finishing….which would then negate the issue with contract extension because he’d be worthy of being a top earner!
As I said - set a fair price.
I didnt state a particular price. But one that reflects our position.
Even if it be £10 million or less. .

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Neres going to Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine for €15m.
I would’ve gladly sold Traoré and got Neres for that fee.
He has not kicked on at all. If he was, Ajax wouldn't be so keen to get rid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, just **** off Levy

Totally agree. If you can’t afford him, then **** off and find someone you can. Entitled *****.

Jeff, if you’re reading this, no Wolves fan will respect you if you bend over for his lowball offers, and no Wolves fan will criticise you, if you walk away. Nothing against Spurs as a club, or selling Traore for a reasonable price.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I dont think you have thought that through. Its not a case of bravado , its that he is not valueless ?
His value may decrease but it might increase if he gets game time and scores, and assists, it can hardly be worse on that account.
Fosun will know his value to us today . And what his market value is , Mendes can help here.
Spurs want him they pay it by that set date, or there is little point in selling him. But your idea that Spurs hold all the cards is wrong ,because I assume Conte wants him.

“His value may decrease but it might increase if he gets game time and scores, and assists.”

“His value will decrease unless he scores and assists.”

Judging him on the body of evidence he has presented in his wolves career thus far, i assert that the latter statement is a more accurate hypothesis. His best spell lasted 3 months but that was nearly 24 months ago. So therefore, effectively, Spurs do hold the cards I’m afraid. If asking price is too high and we are unwilling to negotiate they will just walk away knowing they can get him on the cheap further down the track. They should be more inclined to say take our offer or leave it, not wolves.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“His value may decrease but it might increase if he gets game time and scores, and assists.”

Judging him on the body of evidence he has presented in his wolves career thus far, i assert that the latter statement is a more accurate hypothesis. His best spell lasted 3 months but that was nearly 24 months ago. So therefore, effectively, Spurs do hold the cards I’m afraid. If asking price is too high and we are unwilling to negotiate they will just walk away knowing they can get him on the cheap further down the track. They should be more inclined to say take our offer or leave it, not wolves.
Spot on.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree. If you can’t afford him, then **** off and find someone you can. Entitled *****.

Jeff, if you’re reading this, no Wolves fan will respect you if you bend over for his lowball offers, and no Wolves fan will criticise you, if you walk away. Nothing against Spurs as a club, or selling Traore for a reasonable price.
Actually, Jeff was castigated by many Wolves fans for walking away from the Botman deal. Lille thought they could up the price near the deadline, but Jeff didn’t bite.
Now other clubs know that he’s not a pushover.

BTW…..why do you think, even for a moment, that Jeff would bend over for a lowball offer? Would you bend over?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Maybe they realised the premier league is too competitive and expensive. The reality is to get wolves in the champions league would cost hundreds of millions and even then would be a punt. On the other hand 50-100m probably wins you the Swiss league and champions league qualification for several years?

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am not saying he is worth a certain price . Even if it’s £10 million or less , then tell Spurs it got to be done by the end of next week . I am assuming Spurs want him . That is their weakness and why they don’t hold all the cards . Otherwise he could go elsewhere in the summer or next week at that low price . Spurs are not the only club . But if we leave it too late we have weakened our squad .for no extra value . It’s the timing that’s important.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who holds the cards……..
A lot could depend on who wants a deal for Adama more? Does Jeff want to be rid of Adama more than Levy wants to buy him?
Levy might think that Jeff might want Adama off his hands and therefore push hard with a lower offer.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Jeff I'd tell levy this...If you want adama you'd better get a move on,because if you think you will get him cheaper in the closing minutes of deadline day.Then you're bloody mistaken.Actually if wet spam come in for him now.I'm gonna sell him to them.**** you. :tonguewink:

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Maybe they realised the premier league is too competitive and expensive. Yeh reality is to get wolves in the champions league would cost hundreds of millions and even then would be a punt. On the other hand 50-100m probably wins you the Swiss league and champions league qualification for several years?
If you’re buying young players cheap, developing them and selling on it helps if your overheads are low and you are in the champions league.

This is definitely the reason fosun have backed off - we’re too high maintenance and they are going to change their focus.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Who holds the cards……..
A lot could depend on who wants a deal for Adama more? Does Jeff want to be rid of Adama more than Levy wants to buy him?
Levy might think that Jeff might want Adama off his hands and therefore push hard with a lower offer.
I’m sorry, but I fail to see if there is a counterpoint to your post, if you are in agreeance or just pondering your thoughts aloud.

I answered exactly that question earlier this evening i.e. Spurs don’t want traore as much as we want him to be gone... So the “take it or leave it” approach would be best employed from the Spurs side of the table.

Last edited:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Tanganga is that good. when I have watched him seems to be a bit wild in the tackle. Far better than him around for the money involved!
Yeah tend to agree. Tanganga seems like a walking red card (should arguably have been sent off in both games we've had against Spurs this season) and with Semedo and Hoever here, I'd steer clear of him

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe they realised the premier league is too competitive and expensive. Yeh reality is to get wolves in the champions league would cost hundreds of millions and even then would be a punt. On the other hand 50-100m probably wins you the Swiss league and champions league qualification for several years?

Or maybe they’re putting in money there like they did with us, so they’re stable before fending for themselves. They then might move onto club number 3 on their steps to the fabled ‘Red Bull model’

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Actually, Jeff was castigated by many Wolves fans for walking away from the Botman deal. Lille thought they could up the price near the deadline, but Jeff didn’t bite.
Now other clubs know that he’s not a pushover.

BTW…..why do you think, even for a moment, that Jeff would bend over for a lowball offer? Would you bend over?

Levy has flushed down the toilet £250m of signings which haven’t worked for a variety of reasons in the last 3-4 years. His reputation is only there because of his press mates. Jeff and co are no mugs. You don’t survive at Fosun if you are an idiot, and this is a prestigious project for them.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish we would just sell Adama asap and replace him with Renato Sanches. Adama looks done here and no-one else looks genuinely interested in Sanches or he would likely have already moved.

Bring back Morgan and we would have 5 first team midfield options and 6 first team forwards. The balance of the squad would be evened out again.

Then bring in Caleta-Car for £15m, who also appears to have no other suitors and we would be ready to launch a decent assault on the League in the second half of the season.
The issue with signing players who look good but no one else wants is as simple as asking exactly why the latter is the case....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you’re buying young players cheap, developing them and selling on it helps if your overheads are low and you are in the champions league.

This is definitely the reason fosun have backed off - we’re too high maintenance and they are going to change their focus.
Surely Fosun knew this before hand. It hasnt changed much in the last 5 years.
Fosun bought brands - and Wolves have it all , 1877 and a pedigree history to revival any in Europe up until around 60 years ago.
For that they paid £30 million , that has increased by almost tenfold, and they have a top ten Premier League club watched by billions around the globe, with a strong history. If anything has changed in the last 5 years its China desire to invest in the Midlands. My hope is China see this as a commercial entity not a political one.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score

Maybe I’m being too optimistic but could it be with the more stringent requirements to get work permits for the typical Fosun profile signing. This might be a way to more easily sign the ‘Neto’ type u21 players if they have got Champions League experience with Grasshoppers even if it’s the qualifying rounds?

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who holds the cards……..
But Jeff doesn't have to accept an offer does he? If an offer is below our valuation we can always keep him and utilise him.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why then have Man City's owners and Red Bull bought up clubs around the world?

Almost like it's a project to feed the club at the top of the pyramid

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but I fail to see if there is a counterpoint to your post, if you are in agreeance or just pondering your thoughts aloud.

I answered exactly that question earlier this evening i.e. Spurs don’t want traore as much as we want him to be gone... So the “take it or leave it” approach would be best employed from the Spurs side of the table.
Sorry…..I missed that part about your earlier post.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But Jeff doesn't have to accept an offer does he? If an offer is below our valuation we can always keep him and utilise him.
You’re absolutely right. However, in business and life, you just want to move on and will cut your losses. Done it a few times myself…..was tempted to start litigation, ( would most likely have won), but , what a relief when I let go. No more hassle and time to focus on the future.
Jeff might very well be in the same frame of mind with Adama……..let’s just move on.

Back
Top Bottom