Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Talking Wolves Spurs have offered the options of Tanganga, Rodon, Sessegnon or Jack Clarke (don't know anything about him to be honest, presume he is quite young)

Sessegnon is a wing back where we have plenty of options.
Rodon or Clarke haven't really seen enough.
Tanganga I have always thought he could be a good player in the right team, would take him in a heartbeat.
Must be part of the ongoing talks that @Cornwall Wolf said yesterday.
Personally I'd take Rodon as part of the deal if it meant getting an unhappy Traore out - but then maybe Bruno doesn't rate Rodon.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in an area of Spurs fans and Tanganga is indeed a strong centre half but very error prone.
This is my impression from watching him both against Wolves and against other teams. Only 22 though, so definitely improvement in him. Would still prefer cash for Traore so we can our own shopping, however.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I live in hope ,deep down I am resigned to us not signing anyone .They might get away with it this window but not the summer
I'm the same as this. I mean, I kind of get the logic behind not spending this window as we don't NEED to sign anybody if you look at it as a consolidation year. We've got players coming back from injuries (although others will get injured at some stage) and have brought loan players back to bolster numbers so we aren't technically in any kind of trouble that way.

However... from a business stance, it's usually best to strike while the iron is hot. The time to invest is when things are going well and not out of need and desperation to stop the rot. If Jeff signed 2 1st team players this window it would be a massive boost to our top 6 chances and also to our FA Cup run, it's also 2 less players who need signing and integrating into the squad in the summer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Tanganga was on his way to Milan?

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Potentially Wolves want the Adama sell to fund Sanchez… therefore a player exchange won’t work, as the money will go towards that deal or Trincao. Hence Wolves holding out! So Sanchez will come in via money or a loan to buy… just a hunch ;)

Last edited:

Coops

Reaction score
Lage in pre-match presser saying no offers for Traore.

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score
Are you crazy? He’s an older, left footed, ill-disciplined, ****, Neves.
Couldn’t think of a player we need less.

Different option , L footed and covers midfield for relative peanuts. Has needed a fresh start for years. He wasn’t the player you describe before he moved to arsenal , he was class.

The radio said neck high challenge yesterday , when in reality it was waistline. Harsh red as he was trying to play the ball. He would never have been that exposed in our system . Romain would’ve been there.

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different option , L footed and covers midfield for relative peanuts. He’s needed a fresh start for years. He wasn’t the player you describe before he moved to arsenal , he was class.

The radio said neck high challenge yesterday , when in reality it was waistline. Harsh red as he was trying to play the ball. He would never have been that exposed in our system . Romain would’ve been there.

How is he peanuts? A regular starter at Arsenal for years, would be on more than our top earners.
That’s not what you want for a squad player.
We also have a number of ‘similar’ midfielders, without something different.
So why would we want another similar player, not as good, at a whacking salary?

Agree he looks class when plays for Switzerland, but I’d still rathe play both Neves or Moutinho over him.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live in an area of Spurs fans and Tanganga is indeed a strong centre half but very error prone.
And just takes opponents out of the game. Would be a card collector for sure. It would be like feeding Dean and company champagne and caviar.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Talking Wolves Spurs have offered the options of Tanganga, Rodon, Sessegnon or Jack Clarke (don't know anything about him to be honest, presume he is quite young)

Tanganga I have always thought he could be a good player in the right team, would take him in a heartbeat.
Just take all three.
Tanganga might be decent defensive cover and develop in to a good player with Lage’s coaching.
Seesgnon was supposed to be the next big thing but stalled under Mourinho I think. Yes, he is a wing back but I thought that the feeling was that he would develop in to a better forward. Take him anyway in case Hwang and Trincao go as well (ie not bought, saves us a fair bit) as well as Traore, and he can compete with Giles as cover/ competition for Neto and Podence.
Rodon I don’t know much about apart from what has been said on here.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lage in pre-match presser saying no offers for Traore.
Which is what I said a couple of days ago .. however there has been talks .. probably Levy trying to get him on the cheap .. we are still looking at loans to buy but depends on the other clubs willing to release the players and the players wanting to come ..

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more.
We would need to sign someone who is better than a player in the current starting line up but who can also fit seamlessly in to the squad/playing style without a pre-season, I’m not sure that player is available, certainly not for the sort of value we’ll be looking for.

Appreciate we may need some cover, but again doubt we’ll get a quality player, for a good price, to come in as a sub.

Lage’s first season, so hope he’s proved worthy of backing in the summer. We’re 8th at the moment but I reckon we could finish 6/7th with current squad. Refresh in summer.

That being said, happily take Sanches if Traore goes. Think we’re alright at CB, Yerson looked good for 10mins I saw him. Saiss won’t be gone too long. Hopefully Boly gets fit. Marcal ok for now?….Maybe we do need cover haha
I tend to agree. The big question that we can't answer is whether Jordao and Cundle are up to PL cm standard. If they are let's keep developing them and we should be OK this season - without a disastrous crop of injuries. As you say if Yerson is also PL quality (he looked good) and Neto and Johnny come back as good as new we are definitely OK. Sanches would be great, particularly if Neto and Cundle aren't oven ready but I'm starting to think we can still progress without spending big money.
Would definitely keep Hwang and Trincao.

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
It's the final message of the captain of the Titanic to his crew, it was just a chuckle
Thought it was the call to the men on the Lusitania when the women and children headed for the lifeboats? The Titanic's Captains last words were "Well boys, you've done your duty and done it well. I ask no more of you. I release you."

Whichever, I am not sure we have reached the sinking ship level or got to the point of calling those leaving rodents as yet ;-)

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must be part of the ongoing talks that @Cornwall Wolf said yesterday.
Personally I'd take Rodon as part of the deal if it meant getting an unhappy Traore out - but then maybe Bruno doesn't rate Rodon.
I think it's possible. Tony Roberts knows how good he's been for Wales over the last few years from his role as Wales GK coach..

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Lage not asked about incomings today then or have I missed an answer from his press conference?

Seems very strange. Hopefully something saved by the journos for the 10:30pm slot tonight.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jack Clarke is the lad they got from Leeds. Looked a real star in the making when he broke into the Leeds side playing on the wing then had a quite frightening health scare. Barely kicked a ball for Spurs as far as I know. 2-3 years ago he'd have been a very exciting signing though

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Miami Herald, Inter Miami are due to sign Campana next week. Let's hope we stiff Beckham for as much as possible!

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is what I said a couple of days ago .. however there has been talks .. probably Levy trying to get him on the cheap .. we are still looking at loans to buy but depends on the other clubs willing to release the players and the players wanting to come ..
Any specifics on the loans we're looking at? Names, clubs, etc?

Thanks for all that you do, Cornwall!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your have gotta laugh at this forum haven't ya ... everyone was moaning about Saiss last summer, some where putting him on their selling list...people were saying sell him for 4m......And nw some are moaning we haven't sorted his new contract out already.......

Last summer it was 'we better not sell adama for 30m'....the reality is Saiss might end up at a big club for nowt and we will be stuck with adama......

Last edited:

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score

I don’t think Tanganga is that good. when I have watched him seems to be a bit wild in the tackle. Far better than him around for the money involved!

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
If they want to offer us a centre half let’s talk serious and be like a first team player for a first team player give us Sanchez or even someone like Deli Ali we can do a straightforward swap
Please no Deli Ali - would not fit in with the clubs family culture and has done nothing this season. No way.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Could we tell Levy yes we will take all 4 players for Adama then put them straight up for transfer FFP and all that, Afobe style.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Pay up or **** off, Levy.
If I were Fosun , I would tell Spurs our valuation, then I would tell Spurs we are not negotiating or answering your calls after 17th January.
You bloody tell em’ alright. We will just hang on to an unproductive Traore for another 6 months and watch his value depreciate further. That will show them

It’s no good giving it the biggun. Spurs don’t need Traore more than we need him gone.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to the Miami Herald, Inter Miami are due to sign Campana next week. Let's hope we stiff Beckham for as much as possible!
Tidy profit I imagine

Which reminds me, Rafa Mir and the big American lad whos name escapes me... £15m between them? What happened to that money, anyone?

Add to the fact we took a loan out.. What is going on fosun?? Is this club in debt or something? And to who, the owners? Something does not seem right to me.

dnf14

Reaction score
Is it a rehash of the rumour that went around last summer because of a Football Manager save?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You bloody tell em’ alright. We will just hang on to an unproductive Traore for another 6 months and watch his value depreciate further. That will show them

It’s no good giving it the biggun. Spurs don’t need Traore more than we need him gone.
I dont think you have thought that through. Its not a case of bravado , its that he is not valueless ?
His value may decrease but it might increase if he gets game time and scores, and assists, it can hardly be worse on that account.
Fosun will know his value to us today . And what his market value is , Mendes can help here.
Spurs want him they pay it by that set date, or there is little point in selling him. But your idea that Spurs hold all the cards is wrong ,because I assume Conte wants him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom