Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF it was an option I’d rather save our money and go for Nketiah in the summer.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been plying for Chelsea though so should be match fit. I understand from a Chelsea fan he’s trying too hard and when not scoring his head is dropping. A new challenge is exactly what he needs and they know the talent is there hence why they want big bucks.
Fair enough. There’s no way we should be paying a £5m loan fee for him, though. I’ve always liked what little I’ve seen of him but we can’t pay that!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of random thoughts about our search for a forward.

Firstly, if we were to pay a silly money loan fee for Broja, or any other unproven young player, what message does that send to Fraser? I know he probably expects a forward to come in, but it needs to pass the smell test, to stop it making the lad think about what the club thinks of him.

If we ultimately have one or two poor deals on the table we could accept, but don’t really like, I hope Gary is part of that decision. I guess the club has assured him we will do our best to sign someone, and so we need to uphold that, but he should be part of a decision which says “no thanks” to a poor deal.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF it was an option I’d rather save our money and go for Nketiah in the summer.
He’s one of those players I just don’t rate. Even if he banged in 30 goals next season for Arsenal and we were linked, I would still be a bit “meh” about him. I was the same with Tammy Abraham too.

Disclaimer: I took a while to realise that Harry Kane wasn’t just a flash in the pan so I’m not the best judge.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant say i blame the club for pulling these deals if the other party, clubs or agents, keep moving the goal posts
We havent got the headroom for silly loan fees or agents wallet boosters
If that means no one comes then fine, we are good for this season,hopefully,as far as points are concerned ,it just leaves us thin on the ground with numbers
There is no guarantee that Broja,recovering from ACL,or Yuri ,who will need time to get up to speed,would succeed here anyway,so move on to another or stay as we are

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is no real pressure for us to do a deal that doesn't suit us, which is a strong negotiation position for us with lots of clubs starting to twitch about FFP. Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia, Neto, Bellegarde backed up by Fraser and Chirewa aren't bad options. Id rather the club walked away from greedy agents and clubs than end up back here after a string off bad deals again, I would be surprised if their aren't a couple of irons in the fire with a win tonight we are thrown right in to the European mix. 13 hours is a long time on deadline day with a lot of clubs looking to raise funds and slash wage bills
Chelsea say they want game time assurance on Broja which I don’t think we would want to give.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s one of those players I just don’t rate. Even if he banged in 30 goals next season for Arsenal and we were linked, I would still be a bit “meh” about him. I was the same with Tammy Abraham too.

Disclaimer: I took a while to realise that Harry Kane wasn’t just a flash in the pan so I’m not the best judge.
Nketiah is one of 'those players', he's never going to be the leading man but off the bench and as a squad option he's great for that role. Arguably I don't see him leaving Arsenal anytime soon as he's happy with that role.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5m for 4 months for a bench warmer. Nope.

And that's the thing - no one is being dropped. We just want a hwang alternative, especially as he has dodgy hamstrings.

That's just an insane amount of money.
That's the thing, Broja doesn't get on the pitch if everyone is fit. It's the same as Ings. It's why I am fine with Fraser being that option, if Wolves rate him as highly as they say then let's give him in the acid test.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the thing, Broja doesn't get on the pitch if everyone is fit. It's the same as Ings. It's why I am fine with Fraser being that option, if Wolves rate him as highly as they say then let's give him in the acid test.
Some people read what they want into what GON says but they are right that he doesn't seem to think Fraser is ready because he barely comes on the pitch. What we want is a starter if hwang is unavailable I suspect.

No one is being dropped tho and we have a versatile forward line as it is.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

BORN A WOLF

Reaction score
Wouldn't a straight loan fee of that size cost us the same in this financial reporting period as a £25m player on a 5 year deal

Wouldn't a straight loan fee of that size cost us the same in this financial reporting period as a £25m player on a 5 year deal?
If he was any good chelsea would be playing him in the team, then we could watch him knocking goal in on the telly for free. 5m to see if he is over that injury yet...nah

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a shame, but not the first time we and others have had agent problems in South America. Can’t imagine the player is too pleased, nor his club. Question is can they apply sufficient pressure on his agent to get him to back down before the window closes?
Unless they can do medicals over there nope

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Doubt anyone is coming in, when your manager says he hopes to have someone in by time they went on their winter training and we're still nowhere near anyone arriving, it ain't happening. Just media feeding us **** to keep us interested. I'd like to be proven wrong but i just don't see it. Roll on 11pm

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a shame, but not the first time we and others have had agent problems in South America. Can’t imagine the player is too pleased, nor his club. Question is can they apply sufficient pressure on his agent to get him to back down before the window closes?
That must be a major red flag for the player in question, seeing your agent put his interests above yours. Pretty sad state of affairs for all involved really.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agents are the worst single thing to ever happen to football. You know the game has gone when an agent, who supposedly works for the player and club, can scupper a deal the player and club want to see happen

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
It's starting to feel like Chelsea don't actually want anyone to tale Broja. I understand they need to protect their interests but with the way ffp is and the clubs reportedly interested they seem to be very stupid with fees knocking around. 50 with obligation, pipe dream. 5 million for a straight loan, only a deal teams like West Ham would do.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't be bothered about a striker if we can get this mystery wide player sorted....

No links to one yet - hopefully just the club being good about keeping things quiet and not that it just doesn’t exist.

I would actually prefer the wide signing over the 9, as they would slot in more quickly with our style of play.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No links to one yet - hopefully just the club being good about keeping things quiet and not that it just doesn’t exist.

I would actually prefer the wide signing over the 9, as they would slot in more quickly with our style of play.
Yes...it's just picking up on what O'Neil said ...it's fine out the blue ....so maybe something in it...

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GoN thinks we need a 9.
I never thought I'd say this a couple of months ago, but we actually do have an outside chance of finishing in Europe this season now. We could feasibly move joint 7th tonight. If Jeff fails to get the number 9 Gary wants (even as a loan to buy later), I think it could prove to be a crucial blow to that ambition.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nketiah is one of 'those players', he's never going to be the leading man but off the bench and as a squad option he's great for that role. Arguably I don't see him leaving Arsenal anytime soon as he's happy with that role.
Yea that’s how I see him too. I think the more he starts, especially if he went to another PL team, the worse he would look.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
It's starting to feel like Chelsea don't actually want anyone to tale Broja. I understand they need to protect their interests but with the way ffp is and the clubs reportedly interested they seem to be very stupid with fees knocking around. 50 with obligation, pipe dream. 5 million for a straight loan, only a deal teams like West Ham would do.
Not a good advert for how they treat players. "You are surplus to requirements mate, but we are going to price you out of a move."

Back
Top Bottom