Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are enduring frustration in their attempts to sign a new striker, with bids for Yuri Alberto and Armando Broja appearing to fall through.
Alberto, the Corinthians forward, was lined up for a loan move to Molineux with the two clubs initiating contact on Tuesday night. Corinthians had broadly agreed the terms of the deal but the transfer is off due to issues with the player’s agent over fees.
Broja has been made available for a straight loan by Chelsea, but there is still a £5 million fee to sign him which is too expensive for Wolves.
Gary O’Neil’s hopes of signing a new forward have been complicated by their Premier League match at home to Manchester United tonight.

Percy

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are enduring frustration in their attempts to sign a new striker, with bids for Yuri Alberto and Armando Broja appearing to fall through.

Alberto, the Corinthians forward, was lined up for a loan move to Molineux with the two clubs initiating contact on Tuesday night. Corinthians had broadly agreed the terms of the deal but the transfer is off due to issues with the player’s agent over fees.

Broja was target number one, we asked for a loan got rejected, initiated contact with yuri alberto got it all sorted then ****ing agent

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Chelsea suddenly waking up to the fact that even though they are a Sky London based media darling that FFP is coming for them. With the ransom fee, that is what £5m for a loan of Broja is too my way of thinking ! plus the totally OTT £50m to buy him outright. Then there are the rumours that Connor Gallagher is available at the right price has the penny ( or the nickel in Chelsea's American owned case ) that they are in the manure more than they and their media mates are saying.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was Flamengo's owner trying to sell him to his best mate Textor at Lyon, IIRC Gomes and his agent told them it's Wolves or nothing. But most Brazilian agents are scum bags for messing around with deals for more money, they don't really ever take their players best interest in account.
So, surely if you are serious about signing a player you should expect such a request. Yes it doesn't stop it happening next time, but if its the way things are in that country, then you should plan to pay it when you put the bid together.

(Unless this is a total unexpected curveball)

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8-Mark-Fotheringham-WS.jpg

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess the thinking will be if you sign him we'll knock the £5m off, if you don't it's our insurance, said it the other day something like the Trincao agreement will probably be the compromise.
all looking very unikely at the moment, may go right to the end of window

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already looking like the classic Wolves deadline day. One where I spend much of it distracted and constantly checking for updates, only for nothing then to happen. At least for once if this is to be the case, it won’t be a hammer blow. Just a little bit disappointing

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, surely if you are serious about signing a player you should expect such a request. Yes it doesn't stop it happening next time, but if its the way things are in that country, then you should plan to pay it when you put the bid together.

(Unless this is a total unexpected curveball)

Tbf in Brazil I believe agents tends to have a hell of alot of control compared to Europe, with all the player rights ownership etc

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we can sell hodge and Corbeanu and raise some loan fee money for someone else.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am still genuinly not worried providing we don't have to do all this penny pinching next year and can invest money in a real striker
South Americans though eh first Gomes nearly got pulled now this striker because the agents got greedy, someone needs to educate them that the premier league isnt as free flowing with cash as it used to be...unless your a top 6 team anyway

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t want my beloved club ripped off by another PL club desperate for cash and to get rid of a player with suspect fitness.

I don’t want my beloved club ripped off by some tinpot agent over an unproven forward.

If it means no signing other than Minimena, then so be it. Nathan Fraser and Tanda Chirewa, this could be your chance - if so, I'm sufficiently confident that Gary and the coaching staff will use these youngsters appropriately and effectively.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t want my beloved club ripped off by another PL club desperate for cash and to get rid of a player with suspect fitness.

I don’t want my beloved club ripped off by some tinpot agent over an unproven forward.

If it means no signing other than Minimena, then so be it. Nathan Fraser and Tanda Chirewa, this could be your chance - if so, I'm sufficiently confident that Gary and the coaching staff will use these youngsters appropriately and effectively.
i don’t want us ripped off by a club we could be above pretty soon.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd guess the thinking will be if you sign him we'll knock the £5m off, if you don't it's our insurance, said it the other day something like the Trincao agreement will probably be the compromise.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too.
£5m is still too much for 6 months though. If it were for the season then maybe.

£3m loan fee with a £17m option is about as far as I reckon is reasonable.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nottingham Forest have completed the signing of Rodrigo Ribeiro from Sporting Lisbon.

The Athletic reported on Thursday that Forest had reached an agreement with Sporting to sign Ribeiro.

The deal is a loan with an option to buy that could become an obligation. The package would be worth more than £10million and if the transfer becomes permanent, he will sign a six-year deal with the Premier League club.

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
The issue is that we need him to be 100% straight away, not just us being a vessel to give him half a season to get him up to speed for Chelsea to either play or get more money for.
He has been plying for Chelsea though so should be match fit. I understand from a Chelsea fan he’s trying too hard and when not scoring his head is dropping. A new challenge is exactly what he needs and they know the talent is there hence why they want big bucks.

fleck1

Reaction score
There is no real pressure for us to do a deal that doesn't suit us, which is a strong negotiation position for us with lots of clubs starting to twitch about FFP. Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia, Neto, Bellegarde backed up by Fraser and Chirewa aren't bad options. Id rather the club walked away from greedy agents and clubs than end up back here after a string off bad deals again, I would be surprised if their aren't a couple of irons in the fire with a win tonight we are thrown right in to the European mix. 13 hours is a long time on deadline day with a lot of clubs looking to raise funds and slash wage bills

fleck1

Reaction score
He has been plying for Chelsea though so should be match fit. I understand from a Chelsea fan he’s trying too hard and when not scoring his head is dropping. A new challenge is exactly what he needs and they know the talent is there hence why they want big bucks.
Id not judge any striker too harshly on their form at Chelsea, they've managed to ruin some of the great strikers from around Europe in the premier league era.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't a straight loan fee of that size cost us the same in this financial reporting period as a £25m player on a 5 year deal?

Exactly. The only benefit of the loan fee, is that if he’s crap, we don’t have to keep paying him for the next 5 years. 5m is ridiculous, but as others suggested, perhaps structured along with an option where that fee becomes part of the purchase, makes it more reasonable if the club is confident in the player - ie thinks it more likely than not, we will trigger an option.

Back
Top Bottom