Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I wqould like my hair to grow again, the little fella to start working again and owning this fantastic Wolves club but ..............................I think Chelsea have less chance of getting that deal for a player they dont want than my wish list uness some shady deal happens.
Anyone seen Del boy about.

How long has your son been out of work?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £45m fee quoted for Broja just means we wait until deadline day and see what happens. With West Ham allegedly sniffing around Chelsea are going to keep the price high knowing they probably have the money to spend.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one who (sort of) doesn't want to buy off other prem clubs at the moment? Really don't want to help anyone out of an ffp hole.
I’ve no issue with it if it shows real value. Broja doesn’t in my opinion. I think there’ll be a premier league fire sale in the summer and if we can we should take full advantage of that

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will they take a swap? Fabio for Broja ;)
Would you do that swap? I don't think I would. I think Broja has more of the physical attributes to be a better fit in the PL, but his touch isn't very good and the last time I checked it was 2 shots on target in 6 starts and 7 substitute appearances.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see us signing Broja. The asking price is ridiculous and I dont think he wants to come here anyway. I'd rather we go for Che Adams. He would fit our system far better with the press and 6 million, if correct is chicken feed. We'd in all likelihood make a profit.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see us signing Broja. The asking price is ridiculous and I dont think he wants to come here anyway. I'd rather we go for Che Adams. He would fit our system far better with the press and 6 million, if correct is chicken feed. We'd in all likelihood make a profit.
Agreed, Jos, but unlikely I guess given the way Saints are going at the moment

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also disappointed we dont appear to be utilising the South American market in this window like we did with Gomes. I thought we were heading a lot more in that direction but no real links with any South American players in this window or talk of us using this market, which Brighton do nearly every window so effectively.

In some ways I would prefer a Gomes style signing as a striker, to some of the obvious names linked.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, Jos, but unlikely I guess given the way Saints are going at the moment

Agree with that mate. They will in all likelihood keep him now. Just hope our scouts could maybe unearth a gem in this window, like we did with Gomes a year ago.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also I realise that he hasnt set the world on fire on his loans but I would keep Corbeanu here until the summer now. He can play across the three and could suit ONeil's style and formation if needed. A useful wild card sub if we arent going to sign him. Better than an unproven kid on the bench. Personally I still rate him and maybe ONeil could get the best out of him. It's not like we are flush with forward options at present and in some way I would prefer seeing what he can do than signing any old crap.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you do that swap? I don't think I would. I think Broja has more of the physical attributes to be a better fit in the PL, but his touch isn't very good and the last time I checked it was 2 shots on target in 6 starts and 7 substitute appearances.
Yea I would. Fabio not going anywhere with us and as it stands we ain't getting our money back, so it'd take the gamble for sure.

Not that Chelsea would ever be stupid enough to accept those terms...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He'd probably work very well in our favour.

Going rate for Che Adams under normal conditions is probably £15-20m.

Sign him for £6m on a 5 year deal. Season and a half here, then sell him to another PL club and we've turned a £10m+ profit for FFP purposes.

Should be the sort of deal we are looking at. Undervalued, expiring contract, good for future sell-on. As you say, potentially much better for us from a business perspective than an over-priced Broja.

But not necessarily better from a footballing perspective. Broja has far more potential to get a lot better than Adams.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also I realise that he hasnt set the world on fire on his loans but I would keep Corbeanu here until the summer now. He can play across the three and could suit ONeil's style and formation if needed. A useful wild card sub if we arent going to sign him. Better than an unproven kid on the bench. Personally I still rate him and maybe ONeil could get the best out of him. It's not like we are flush with forward options at present and in some way I would prefer seeing what he can do than signing any old crap.
That will be Chirwera role....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have them both here until the summer. Both could offer something from the bench with 9 subs. Corbeanu can also play as a 9 on occasions which I dont think Chirwera can.
He isn't good enough Corbeanu......his loans have shown that....it won't work out for all of them....

Again not faulting the sentiment....

We will bring someone in.....

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON;

“We've done an awful lot of work on a couple of options. We had a meeting yesterday and it looks like they won't be doable for us financially. We're now looking at other options. I won't sign anybody, we need to take people who deserve to play for Wolves." #wwfc

Sounds like Broja is a no go. Not sure who the other option is/was.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow that is a concerning quote for many reasons.

Why on earth are we looking at players and then deciding on January 24th we can't afford them?
If Chelsea want a ridiculous amount for Broja, what are we supposed to do? They expect other clubs to do what they do best - overpay, but we won't. He's not worth anywhere near £45m on an obligation just coming back from an ACL. Even if he wasn't just recovered from an ACL that would be an excessive fee.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea want a ridiculous amount for Broja, what are we supposed to do? They expect other clubs to do what they do best - overpay, but we won't. He's not worth anywhere near £45m on an obligation just coming back from an ACL. Even if he wasn't just recovered from an ACL that would be an excessive fee.

Why are you only mentioning Broja? If they want £45m walk away, obviously. He said options, so not just Broja.

On January 24th we should not be in a situation where we don't know what our budget is, which is what we've done. It's amateur stuff.

And, the answer to what we're supposed to do is keep Sasa or Fabio until the replacement came in. Pretty simple and how most normal clubs operate.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON;

“We've done an awful lot of work on a couple of options. We had a meeting yesterday and it looks like they won't be doable for us financially. We're now looking at other options. I won't sign anybody, we need to take people who deserve to play for Wolves." #wwfc

We wont sign anyone is my thinking. ONeil seemed a lot more confident someone was coming in when he spoke after the game on Monday. Something changed since then by the looks of it. I wonder who the other options are?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
GON;

Broja and ings i would expect

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm not great that. Shouldn't have let Fabio or Sasa go then if it's unlikely we'd bring someone in or or if our finances are that ****ed.

Based on his quote, looking at other options what does that mean. Loans? Or youngster's?

Back
Top Bottom