Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves again linked with Man Ure.

This time it's not the one-time prince of Molineux, but 19-year-old Portugal midfielder Joao Neves who is currently at Benfica..

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes lacks height, which the really top drawer CDMs have. Kante being the exception

It all depends on how you want the CDm to play. If you want him sitting in front of the defence all game or maybe creating a back 3 when they attack sure height can be a bonus. But like Kante, Joao Gomes role is to press and get around the bitch. More of a box to box defensive midfielder which height isn’t as important.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all depends on how you want the CDm to play. If you want him sitting in front of the defence all game or maybe creating a back 3 when they attack sure height can be a bonus. But like Kante, Joao Gomes role is to press and get around the bitch. More of a box to box defensive midfielder which height isn’t as important.
No wonder he's dog-tired at the end of the match and him being just a young pup, too.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. FOSUN didn't say a word about their intentions meaning the fans had to make their own minds up.
The fans can't be blamed, now we understand what was happening there's hardly any mudslinging at all, if the club had said from the off what was happening it wouldn't have been half as bad.
Communication is key here. Without communication there is nothing.
But if the club had have explicitly stated their intention then we would have been rinsed by every club we dealt with over transfers as they would know how desperate we were to sell. Exactly what we are proposing to do to the clubs that are going to have to sell.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly groundbreaking news but my good friend who's an agent primarily operating in Scandinavia and sometimes in Italy is trying to help Hodge find a new club outside the UK either permanent or loan.
Doesn't mean he'll go to Italy and Scandinavia, just that his agent is busy contacting his agent network around Europe.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see Neto going to PSG, for a “fair” market price. With us getting a good value on a some players. Like the Nunes deal.
Na, not me. Neto , I feel, is genuinely focused on his career. Doubt he’ll go to the French league.
I’d guess he’ll end up at Arsenal.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly groundbreaking news but my good friend who's an agent primarily operating in Scandinavia and sometimes in Italy is trying to help Hodge find a new club outside the UK either permanent or loan.
Doesn't mean he'll go to Italy and Scandinavia, just that his agent is busy contacting his agent network around Europe.
Permanent or loan?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Think we need Hodge at the moment with Gomes suspended and Traore away.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Na, not me. Neto , I feel, is genuinely focused on his career. Doubt he’ll go to the French league.
I’d guess he’ll end up at Arsenal.

Arsenal don’t need a winger though. Mendes will be leading his career. Champions league football and winning titles every year, huge wages etc.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Permanent or loan?

Exploring opportunities for both, but sounds like loan is easier as few of the potential clubs are prepared/able to to pay the fee Wolves would expect. But a solution could be a hefty sell on fee..

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Wonder how much we seriously offered. He has a contract until 2028 Semih Kılıçsoy - Player profile 23/24

5 goals in his last 4 games we should try and sign him if it is within our budget
Not sure we even bid for him, as someone earlier posted. Links from Turkey are usually awful. Unless the story is picked up by a reliable journalist, I'd ignore any links from Turkey in the future.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure we even bid for him, as someone earlier posted. Links from Turkey are usually awful. Unless the story is picked up by a reliable journalist, I'd ignore any links from Turkey in the future.
We get bizarre links from Turkey for some reason, every window.....and they never happen...not 1....

It's been happening since we got promoted...

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if the club had have explicitly stated their intention then we would have been rinsed by every club we dealt with over transfers as they would know how desperate we were to sell. Exactly what we are proposing to do to the clubs that are going to have to sell.
Exactly. And there is the hindsight.
From a business point of view FOSUN did things the correct way, from our point of view they just blanked us.
Damned if they do, Damned if they don't.

Wolves has spent a lot in that period which many fans for some reason thought was going to be the way forward while JL was in charge, many of us knew that it couldn't be sustained though but some wanted that spending to carry on with zero thought towards FFP, so some of the reactions were nuclear.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I'd be gutted to lose Neto, our form without him shows we aren't dependent on him. No doubt he's absolutely top class when fully fit, but that's becoming quite a big 'if' now. If a club came in with massive money (£60m+) in the summer and Neto wanted to leave, then I actually wouldn't be too bothered, provided of course that Hobbs is provided with that money to re-invest across multiple positions.

I'd genuinely be more concerned about losing Cunha. For me, he's the biggest reason we've improved significantly in an attacking sense.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Diallo from man united on loan would be good.
I'm not so fussed about a wide forward as such...think we have enough with Neto Sarabia Bellegarde and even Ran if needed......I've got no problem with Chirewa making 4th choice and getting a few minutes if required ..

It's someone to cover hwang and Cunha we need....that's a must ...

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
why is he not getting minutes in that squad?

Because of Rashford and Garnacho, the latter of whom has been arguably their best player.

Young players can struggle at the biggest clubs and then come again elsewhere. He looked dynamite at Sunderland.

I'd also wager that our dressing room is better for young players than Utd's.

Back
Top Bottom