Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ummm, I’m not quite sure that is the case. Palhinha is pretty much the finished article, Gomes is not there yet. He’s doing very well and on an upward trajectory, but he’s still mostly about promising potential.
He could end up much better than Palhinha, but how to judge and value potential is tough to call.

One is slightly overhyped and one is very underappreciated (outside of Wolves)... I don't think there's a big difference in quality, personally. And would confidently predict our Joao to go on to be better.

Tbh, I don't think there's a big difference between Palhinha and Lemina either and their respective valuations are apparently 10 times apart.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes lacks height, which the really top drawer CDMs have. Kante being the exception
Kante had a motor for a short guy. What his game was about all over the pitch. Champions league final against city he ran the show on his own. Nobody gave chelsea a chance that game.

If Gomes can get to that level then fair play

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kante had a motor for a short guy. What his game was about all over the pitch. Champions league final against city he ran the show on his own. Nobody gave chelsea a chance that game.

If Gomes can get to that level then fair play

I see a bit of the Kante grit in Gomes... very skillful and can pick a pass too... so maybe Kante mixed with Xavi and Busquets? ......not that I'm going overboard at all.

Those three rolled into one should be at least £400m....

So **** off Spurs.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As they do with every major corporate. For a long time Fosun have had the closest relationship with CCP Shanghai bosses. And the 3rd most powerful politician in China is regularly seen at Fosun events, which is viewed as official endorsement. And, Guo has formed part of business delegations sent to forge links with the Middle East and France in the last six months.
yes indeed. The additional summer appointments were reported as forging closer ties with the govt, but as you says Fosun will have had ccp members in it's organisation for a long time prior to the 6 or so further additions they made last summer.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes indeed. The additional summer appointments were reported as forging closer ties with the govt, but as you says Fosun will have had ccp members in it's organisation for a long time prior to the 6 or so further additions they made last summer.
Wonder why turned the tap off even small investment would help. Guess we see the accounts soon. They must of bank rolled last January and said enough is enough??

If the top teams cherry picking off others up to us to cherry pick off the championship and other leagues

Last edited:

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet I recall the absolute bull**** abuse some fans were dishing out to the club/hierarchy. Should hang their heads in shame.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. FOSUN didn't say a word about their intentions meaning the fans had to make their own minds up.
The fans can't be blamed, now we understand what was happening there's hardly any mudslinging at all, if the club had said from the off what was happening it wouldn't have been half as bad.
Communication is key here. Without communication there is nothing.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool bid over £90 m for him.

He's the Kanye mould of defensive mid, doing the running of two players.

Gomes is similar in my eyes.
Still stands that taller players have more desirable attributes than smaller ones.

Gomes is going to struggle to beat Palhinha in the air at set pieces.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Santiago bueno and enzo gonzalez signed on 6 year contracts. I guess we took a leaf out of chelsea's book before that loophole was closed.
Was Santiago bueno 8.5 or 10 million pounds?

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, exactly, and at set pieces too
Gattuso
Makelele
Mascherano
N de jong
Kante
Neeskens

I think ball playing DMs tend to be taller it assists with vision too, but I actually think that the best true defensive midfielders (ie: there to tackle and harry) are better when shorter as a lower centre of gravity and better mobility.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Santiago bueno and enzo gonzalez signed on 6 year contracts. I guess we took a leaf out of chelsea's book before that loophole was closed.
Was Santiago bueno 8.5 or 10 million pounds?
€12 = £10.3m

I think you can sign players on 6 year deals still just not more than that. Like Chelsea was doing 8 years which has now been stopped. Not 100% sure what the maximum contract you can offer now I’m only guessing.

Enso has a contract until 2029? According to Transfermarkt

Last edited:

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€12 = £10.3m

I think you can sign players on 6 year deals still just not more than that. Like Chelsea was doing 8 years which has now been stopped. Not 100% sure what the maximum contract you can offer now I’m only guessing.
The contract length doesn't matter as you can only pay the transfer fee over 5yrs max

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€12 = £10.3m

I think you can give as longer contract as you like. Just for the accounting and ffp purposes it is only factored in to a certain length. 5 years I seem to recall.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gattuso
Makelele
Mascherano
N de jong
Kante
Neeskens

I think ball playing DMs tend to be taller it assists with vision too, but I actually think that the best true defensive midfielders (ie: there to tackle and harry) are better when shorter as a lower centre of gravity and better mobility.
To be absolutely clear. I haven't argued anywhere that DMs need to be tall and are better as a result of being tall.

I've just said that them being tall is a bonus

And, to avoid countless pages of misunderstanding, if a shorter DM is better than a taller DM then I'm not saying the taller DM is better purely because he's taller!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be absolutely clear. I haven't argued anywhere that DMs need to be tall and are better as a result of being tall.

I've just said that them being tall is a bonus

And, to avoid countless pages of misunderstanding, if a shorter DM is better than a taller DM then I'm not saying the taller DM is better purely because he's taller!
But what about a medium DM?

They can ghost past people.

Back
Top Bottom