Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you guys buy coady back for say 2 million? He is on the bench every week at Leicester.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s clickbait like the Kilman West Ham links they got no money and spurs won’t make a low ball offer without being laughed at again like Adama offer they made of 5m
Spurs will have plenty of money......said early doors they would be the only club who spent quite big in this window....will have no problem with FFP for a few seasons with the Kane money on there accounts....spurs matchday revenue is a massive 200m per season....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you guys buy coady back for say 2 million? He is on the bench every week at Leicester.
what for we are fine for defenders in quality and numbers.......one he left the protection of playing sweeper for us , his career was always going to decline as fast as Nuno built it up...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs will have plenty of money......said early doors they would be the only club who spent quite big in this window....will have no problem with FFP for a few seasons with the Kane money on there accounts....spurs matchday revenue is a massive 200m per season....
Yeah kane money which they’ve already spent some of. They won’t have enough to go for Gomes such a low ball offer they will be laughed at once more by hobbs

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s clickbait like the Kilman West Ham links they got no money and spurs won’t make a low ball offer without being laughed at again like Adama offer they made of 5m
Ye it’s a complete nonsense story. Just ****es me off that when these people make this **** up they always come up with ridiculously low fees they think little old Wolves will accept.

In a league where Lavia went for £60m, Caicedo went for over £100m, Rice went for over £100m, Palhina was going to go to Bayern for £60m… but 22 year old Joao Gomes from little old Wolves is available for £30m?! Absolute joke of a report.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I would be playing mosquera if we get injuries or suspensions. As the way out of FFP is selling your backup players for decent fees . So a few good games and you then could look to keep him but possibly sell Killman or Toti for a decent fee .

That's why this window I would be buying prospects under 23 and then a striker if one is available. As the only way to beat FFP is by getting youth players in and selling them for decent fees

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ye it’s a complete nonsense story. Just ****es me off that when these people make this **** up they always come up with ridiculously low fees they think little old Wolves will accept.

In a league where Lavia went for £60m, Caicedo went for over £100m, Rice went for over £100m, Palhina was going to go to Bayern for £60m… but 22 year old Joao Gomes from little old Wolves is available for £30m?! Absolute joke of a report.
It’s to get clicks because big 6 fans go ooooo Wolves selling him cheap! It’s total rubbish. Not even an enquiry has been made

Once we sold jota how many of our other players was going to liverpool. Neves, Neto, Adama made up by their own fan accounts laughable! Adama was 30m, Neto 40m, Neves 40m

Last edited:

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If FFP is biting it will be biting now. Other clubs wont buy and will want to sell from today. So we dont have to wait until summer to pick off some well planned targets.
We do have to wait as it just missed biting us (until the summer)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a lot of loans with obligations to buy will be made after the 14th when the fa has named the ffp/psr transgressors.

I believe it will be Forest who will be docked 10 points. Selling Brennan Johnson in the next accounting period won't wash.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a lot of loans with obligations to buy will be made after the 14th when the fa has named the ffp/psr transgressors.

I believe it will be Forest who will be docked 10 points. Selling Brennan Johnson in the next accounting period won't wash.
it may have been part of the plan.....seeing what is about for loan when the **** hits the fan at some clubs..

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Not unless he has done coaching badges and looks to be an excellent coach, in which case getting him in and being joy around the U18s/U21s might be a bonus. But a lot of 'ifs....'!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not unless he has done coaching badges and looks to be an excellent coach, in which case getting him in and being joy around the U18s/U21s might be a bonus. But a lot of 'ifs....'!
I think Conor fancies a job in the media once he’s finished. Already heard him doing radio commentaries.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does breaking FFP rules, simply mean the clubs accountant or equivalent, is useless or didn’t understand the rules?

In my mind, it looks like we were heading right down that road until someone, somewhere said, “anyone thought about FFP”? It would explain how JL was under the impression he had loads to spend and then the sudden u-turn.

Just an assumption, not claiming to know much about it.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does breaking FFP rules, simply mean the clubs accountant or equivalent, is useless or didn’t understand the rules?

In my mind, it looks like we were heading right down that road until someone, somewhere said, “anyone thought about FFP”? It would explain how JL was under the impression he had loads to spend and then the sudden u-turn.

Just an assumption, not claiming to know much about it.
I'd say your wrong

I'd say the board prioritised staying in the PL over FFP whilst they could. They were pragmatic with the truth with JL until they had to fess up.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How much were Bayern prepared to pay for Palhinha?

That's the level Joao is at, so.... so should the bids be of a similar level.

I wouldn't consider for anything less than £50m. Really kicking on. Really looking good.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be surprised if anyone watching Joao Gomes is not incredibly impressed and wanting to sign him.... but if they feel £30m is a fair price, they haven't been watching very attentively. (Or in Levys case, are just total **** takers)
Spurs another delusional fan base. Thought they could sign grealish for 5m and Onomah or whatever his name very laughable club if you ask me. Hobbs would laugh any offer under our value. Which today said to be lot of cash to prize him away from Wolves…. We are not under FFP pressure anymore!! Lazy lazy journalism. For mainly clickbait reasons.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I understand is our ffp problems were up in the summer, meaning we no longer need to sell anyone. We just need to be careful with what we spend from now on. All these teams thinking we are desperate for cash and will sell Neto, Gomes and Kilman for peanuts this January are deluded, I really can't see us selling any first teamers this Jan. Jonny gone (hopefully) and that will be it other than maybe academy loans out

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much were Bayern prepared to pay for Palhinha?

That's the level Joao is at, so.... so should the bids be of a similar level.

I wouldn't consider for anything less than £50m. Really kicking on. Really looking good.
Ummm, I’m not quite sure that is the case. Palhinha is pretty much the finished article, Gomes is not there yet. He’s doing very well and on an upward trajectory, but he’s still mostly about promising potential.
He could end up much better than Palhinha, but how to judge and value potential is tough to call.

Reactions: Ian

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Conor fancies a job in the media once he’s finished. Already heard him doing radio commentaries.

He was setting up for it when he was with us with how often he went on sky sports and did radio interviews.

He will have a good career doing it as he is such a nice and likeable bloke who knows his onions too

Back
Top Bottom