Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Can you see Ekitike coming? My natural pessimism has kicked in and has me believing it will either be plan C…or we go with what we’ve got

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance re Ekitike. It'll be plan D or make do this window
Not sure.
Sounds like psg would do a loan with an obligation; whereas Southampton would want a fee in January if they were even willing to sell. So although Ekitike might cost more the deal could be more feasible for us. Plus he could end up making us a profit in the future.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure.
Sounds like psg would do a loan with an obligation; whereas Southampton would want a fee in January if they were even willing to sell. So although Ekitike might cost more the deal could be more feasible for us. Plus he could end up making us a profit in the future.
It's all sounding too complicated for us in this window.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Che Adams was our only forward addition before the start of next season it would be underwhelming but as a squad player who fits how we play he’d be fine. How many mid table PL teams have better options off the bench - I’d take him over the likes of Ayew and Antonio. He’d do a job if Hwang or Cunha were injured - to get better you’d have to spend a lot more than he’d cost.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if one made up site says Che Adams, then all sites and papers will eventually report the same.
We really should have a tiered system for sources on here so we actually know what to trust.
Exactly this. For some reason folk think because multiple sites report the same thing then it’s happening. Or worse still that EVERYTHING Percy or Romano post comes off (it doesn’t if you actually follow them).

Re the first part about rumours. My agent pal had a player at League one level who wanted out and his club wouldn’t sanction the agent hawking him about. So (and I appreciate this takes some believing but I saw it myself) he joined that clubs message board, naming a few clubs then did the same on their local rag newspaper message board. Next thing all the click bait sites reported it and clubs started enquiring about him.

Rowzed

Reaction score
if one made up site says Che Adams, then all sites and papers will eventually report the same.
We really should have a tiered system for sources on here so we actually know what to trust.
With Matt Hobbs Tier 1 and Fabrizio Romano as Tier 2, Percy @ 3

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon the ONLY problem with Etikike.....will be with him.......don't think wages, loan option, obligation anything will be a problem...

It's very hard not to think he'd want to jump at the chance of playing in the Premier league with his record since joining PSG? Maybe he was put on too big wages at PSG.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very hard not to think he'd want to jump at the chance of playing in the Premier league with his record since joining PSG? Maybe he was put on too big wages at PSG.
Yes ....he was very close to joining Newcastle 18 months or so ago they reckon.....

Apparently they pulled out cause the agent fees....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or is it the same story cycling round? there will be very few people with any knowledge of this and all journalists do at this time of year is cycle the same old stuff around.
The main journalists reporting are RMC and mercato, whcich seem to be pushing frankfurt and wolfsburg over wolves

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how reliable? and is it the same story being played around? that’s the problem. there’s probably nothing to report so they make **** up
Its mercato, RMC , leqiupe they are usually good on french transfers

However pletti whos top tier for german transfers, states frankfurt still in for kaliumendo, which would be great news for us on hugo.

Between us and wolfsburg (if paper talk is true) we should win out

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Che Adams was our only forward addition before the start of next season it would be underwhelming but as a squad player who fits how we play he’d be fine. How many mid table PL teams have better options off the bench - I’d take him over the likes of Ayew and Antonio. He’d do a job if Hwang or Cunha were injured - to get better you’d have to spend a lot more than he’d cost.
Agreed. But sometimes the underwhelming ones do the best; no one was particularly excited about Lemina and Dawson, however they were identified as being a good fit for us, and so it has proved.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its mercato, RMC , leqiupe they are usually good on french transfers

However pletti whos top tier for german transfers, states frankfurt still in for kaliumendo, which would be great news for us on hugo.

Between us and wolfsburg (if paper talk is true) we should win out

Even if say Etikike preferred Frankfurt and say Germany....PSG might not if there is no option or obligation to buy.....

Can the German clubs pay his wages on a permanent transfer...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if say Etikike preferred Frankfurt and say Germany....PSG might not if there is no option or obligation to buy.....

Can the German clubs pay his wages on a permanent transfer...
Yes franfkurt definitely can from what i gather, dont know about wolfsburg, but frankfurt yes they remain in Conference league also atm

They reckon hugo is about 60 to 70k gbp, but know he needs to take a slgiht fall in wages

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes franfkurt definitely can from what i gather, dont know about wolfsburg, but frankfurt yes they remain in Conference league also atm

They reckon hugo is about 60 to 70k gbp, but know he needs to take a slgiht fall in wages
Obviously it's only a guide but 50k a week or around seems to be the highest paid player at Frankfurt....so it will be some jump for Ekitike....less than half nearly.......

That's why they are probably going for the kid from Rennes....can probably double his wages no problem...

Can see Ekitike going Frankfurt on loan but not obligation to buy ..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously it's only a guide but 50k a week or around seems to be the highest paid player at Frankfurt....so it will be some jump for Ekitike....less than half nearly.......

That's why they are probably going for the kid from Rennes....can probably double his wages no problem...

Can see Ekitike going Frankfurt on loan but not obligation to buy ..
Goetze is on about 60k plus./

But yes it would make him one of the highest paid, and from what i gather he is aware that he needs to changes his wages for a permanent deal if he wants to play and game time

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goetze is on about 60k plus./

But yes it would make him one of the highest paid, and from what i gather he is aware that he needs to changes his wages for a permanent deal if he wants to play and game time
Euros ...so around 50k......they will make him the highest paid .

It was stated early the German clubs couldn't afford Ekitike wages permanent...

That's are hope , if we have a option or obligation are are ok with it....it may win the day....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key word being PSG want to SELL
Yeah, though it has seemed to be indicated before that they’d except a loan with an obligation, which should work for us?
Doesn’t seem to have been reported much exactly what fee they are thinking of?
Didn’t psg only recently buy him for €28.5!!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance re Ekitike. It'll be plan D or make do this window
the way this will probably go is
1. we are rumoured to be signing him and then we dont sparking an outcry on the mix
2. we do sign him sparking euphoria followed by "he is ****e" quite quickly and an outcry on the mix for wasting money

as night follows day

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, though it has seemed to be indicated before that they’d except a loan with an obligation, which should work for us?
I'm sure I seen somat via the German media PSG were looking 15/18m......

The problem with the Germans club will be wages on a permanent deal ...not a fee as such .

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Everton were in for him last summer and the rumoured fee was €35 million plus €5 million.

Just under £35m.

If that's still the going rate, it would have to be a loan with an obligation, to be paid in the next FFP reporting period.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the hype about Ekitite? He had one decent season at Reims then not much since?
I need to rephrase this, he had one season at PSG where he as used - below:

Nothing this year

1400 minutes at PSG total

1704978477775.png

His performances were at Reims really

1704978547410.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom