Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fabio Carvalho has officially joined Hull on loan so rule that one out.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see a clapped out Danny Ings is on £6.5m a year. Second only to Paqueta at WH. Madness. How could we possibly have any interest in him, even at 50% of those wages. I thought we had to keep things tight financially and his record with WH is appalling. I won't even mention his recurrent
injuries or his age.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really is. From what I've been told, he's now of the mentality that they're trying to take everyone down with the.. I really hope any penalty is severe.
What can they do to take others down?
Once clubs accounts are submitted it should be pretty black or white as to whether they broke financial rules?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What can they do to take others down?
Once clubs accounts are submitted it should be pretty black or white as to whether they broke financial rules?

Just throwing mud around in the hope some of it sticks probably.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wouldn't have thought it would be an obligation. Why would we be obliged to pay for a player who is out of contract at the end of the loan? If we get Adams this window it'll be permanent for a fee. Can't see Saints allowing anything else.

Would you sell your top forward for say £5m when you've got a chance of promotion that would be worth £60m+ ?

I'd be furious if Wolves did in the same position.

Saints hold onto Adams in my eyes.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the say lack of games, but really as per my previous thread they come thick and fast

beat brentford

its brighton, west brom, united, chelsea, spurs all by 10th feb .. could shape the season

6 games starting from the 16th on Tuesday in 25 days
Yes, agreed, and in the worst case scenario we could be out of the cup and no more points than we have now on 10 Feb. None of those games are easy and every one of the league games is against a team above us in the table. My point is that we do need to strengthen the squad and we are weaker without Hwang, Lemina and Traore, with a limited bench (made worse without Sasa and Silva even if not in main plans). Hobbs saying that we need to bring in people that improve things, should include “improving the bench options” imho.
I understand that we may still have financial constraints but I am really hoping we can bring in good people on loan or else our current good position could rapidly become a poor one.
I don’t see us getting relegated now, but a poor run to 10 Feb could have an adverse effect going forward from there, and could see us dragged back a bit.
It’s important not to waste the recent good performances, and I really hope that the club are looking to build rather than just get by, and even look upwards to see what we can achieve, rather than having to look over our shoulder.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard - a few days back - from someone very well positioned:

- Forest are slinging poop at every other club in the bottom half (about FFP), as they're very likely to get a points deduction and want to take everyone down with them.
- Our books are fine, as they stand, but there is a real reluctance to risk them by spending in this FFP year.
- Palace are very very nervous about FFP. Chelsea too, although that's of a wage thing.
- Everton might get hit again. More likely to be docked additional points than it is that they recoup any points.
- Loans are the way for most clubs this January, with any purchases deferred until this accounting period is finished.

So it's probably going to be quiet for a lot of clubs who dread getting dragged in to the FFP furore.

So Ive heard anyway
Palace is a strange one, can’t think of much big spending from them? Great info, thanks for sharing.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attacking midfielder.

I suspect in our current setup he will be used in a similar way to how Bellegarde has, so predominantly one of the wider positions.

Cheers, I only saw him for a few minutes v Brentford, seems highly rated.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace is a strange one, can’t think of much big spending from them? Great info, thanks for sharing.

Wages. Depending on the source and what you believe, they've got twice as many players on wages above £50,000 a week than we have. It's what happens when you're in the Prem for a sustained period I suppose, and this season is their 11th in a row.

Their wages to turnover ratio is around 95%, so the highest of most clubs that size.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I get that....but we are still light ... anybody saying anything else is deluded .....anyone saying we dont need another forward is being daft . Even the manager and recruitment team want one...
I agree, we could do with some more bodies but I’m happy we aren’t rushing into stuff.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
Is Chiwera predominately a midfielder?
Probably similar to bellegarde in all honesty...a midfielder but would probably play in this system in the front ....

To be as give minutes to someone like Fabio C on loan we may as well give them Chiwera..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see a clapped out Danny Ings is on £6.5m a year. Second only to Paqueta at WH. Madness. How could we possibly have any interest in him, even at 50% of those wages. I thought we had to keep things tight financially and his record with WH is appalling. I won't even mention his recurrent
injuries or his age.....

Probably linked as he's one of very few PL forwards who might be available in Jan.

Looking at the game time of everyone else, there's probably only one more I can see that could be surplus to requirements and unfortunately it's Keiffer Moore! :tearsofjoy:

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't have thought it would be an obligation. Why would we be obliged to pay for a player who is out of contract at the end of the loan? If we get Adams this window it'll be permanent for a fee. Can't see Saints allowing anything else.
To shift the sale to the summer? Obligation is the same as a sale just with delayed payment.

My point was we won't be able to just loan him for 6 months as people above are saying we should do.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Wages. Depending on the source and what you believe, they've got twice as many players on wages above £50,000 a week than we have. It's what happens when you're in the Prem for a sustained period I suppose, and this season is their 11th in a row.

Their wages to turnover ratio is around 95%, so the highest of most clubs that size.

The wages portion of the whole FFP ratio is often overlooked.

In our case, it was why the summer was so crucial - not only raising funds, but moving on the high earners either in, or approaching, the twilight of their careers.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wages portion of the whole FFP ratio is often overlooked.

In our case, it was why the summer was so crucial - not only raising funds, but moving on the high earners either in, or approaching, the twilight of their careers.

Yeah, exactly.

For example, the saving on Moutinho's wages will effectively pay for Tommy Doyle's option fee.

We are left with probably the same in terms of contribution to the team, but an asset worth upwards of £20m, on probably half the wages (at most).

The job we did refreshing and streamlining the squad was better than anyone could have hoped for.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly.

For example, the saving on Moutinho's wages will effectively pay for Tommy Doyle's option fee.

We are left with probably the same in terms of contribution to the team, but an asset worth upwards of £20m, on probably half the wages (at most).

The job we did refreshing and streamlining the squad was better than anyone could have hoped for.

And lets finish it off in the summer

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest and Everton getting more points taken off then?? Cheats

As for signings wait and see I reckon end of the window Hobbs will be hotline bling. Striker through the doors

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
French based journos suggesting frankfurt are very much ahead in the pecking order to get hugo ekitike

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would mean he would be useful and a key contributor in the Premier League.

Not sure why we're slagging off Bennett. Guy wore the crest proudly and was a big part of our return to the Premier League.

Totally agree but some of our fans show a lack of decency to ex players or ones who have performed well and then got injured. Bennett was superb for us when he got in the team and performed well in the prem. Nuno trusted him and he took us to heights I never thought I’d see.

binners

Reaction score
Forest and Everton getting more points taken off then?? Cheats

As for signings wait and see I reckon end of the window Hobbs will be hotline bling. Striker through the doors
If Forest get points deducted and get relegated because of it does that negate any add ons we could expect foe the MGW transfer?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“This saga shouldn’t drag for long, though, with L’Equipe claiming that the next few days should be decisive, especially with PSG trying to sort the situation out quickly.”

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

“This saga shouldn’t drag for long, though, with L’Equipe claiming that the next few days should be decisive, especially with PSG trying to sort the situation out quickly.”
yes there are some posts suggesting that wolves are pushing and trying to persuade but the other narative i had, are bundesliga clubs are ready to offer and far more likely right now

dnf14

Reaction score
French based journos suggesting frankfurt are very much ahead in the pecking order to get hugo ekitike
This is the article they're citing

The race to sign Hugo Ekitike is progressing. Wolfsburg sent their offer to Paris, Wolverhampton tries to convince the player while Frankfurt advances.

In the case concerning Hugo Ekitike, the next few days should prove decisive. There are now three clubs fighting to secure the signature of the French striker. From internal sources, after studying the feasibility of the file for several days, Wolfsburg sent a first paid loan offer, without purchase option, to Paris Saint-Germain.

Paris is still discussing at the same time with Wolverhampton. In recent hours, Frankfurt has accelerated again. Faced with the difficulty of bringing in Arnaud Kalimuendo, the Germans resumed contacts with Paris Saint-Germain. From local sources, decision-makers are confident of finding an agreement with Paris. Above all, they especially need to convince Hugo Ekitike next.
Quoting l'Equipe verbatim, they say Frankfurt are confident of an agreement with PSG and convincing Hugo is the issue as it is for all involved clubs.

Back
Top Bottom