Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Then list all the players, or your point is totally irrelevant.

The increase in value of Kilman, Ait-Nouri, Neto... even Hwang.... more than covers the "losses" you mention.

So it's not a joke... or a disgrace. It's you picking the bottom 5 players for losing value and ignoring everything else.
Out of interest, just took a look at transfer market and we have a net spend of 250m since fosun took over including loan fees, jose and trincao and rauls initial loan fee being high values. Total of 637m bought and 392m sold. We have a squad that conservatively would be valued at 320m currently, so we arent doing too badly. Squad would have been worth 30mish when fosun took over at a push so overall the transfer decisions made have overall been positive, albeit of course the 320m current squad value in terms of what you could get as sales is not guaranteed due to loss of form/injuries

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest, just took a look at transfer market and we have a net spend of 250m since fosun took over including loan fees, jose and trincao and rauls initial loan fee being high values. Total of 637m bought and 392m sold. We have a squad that conservatively would be valued at 320m currently, so we arent doing too badly. Squad would have been worth 30mish when fosun took over at a push so overall the transfer decisions made have overall been positive, albeit of course the 320m current squad value in terms of what you could get as sales is not guaranteed due to loss of form/injuries
I wonder if someone would tell me how much the club was worth when Fosun purchased us, then how much we are worth now, my guess is we may just about be worth a tad more

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i have a funny feeling the dealing that will happen in the next 5 to 7 days, is Noha, if mario comes back into training his brother will be in tow
I've always thought the deal for Ekitike and Little Lemina are linked.... think we may not pay much for say Ekitike this window but say slightly over pay for little lemina in the summer.....as a mendes way round our figures or a way to help with FFP
Might just be suspicious but any initial interest with PSG was surely about Ekitike....surely ...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always thought the deal for Ekitike and Little Lemina are linked.... think we may not pay much for say Ekitike this window but say slightly over pay for little lemina in the summer.....as a mendes way round our figures or a way to help with FFP
Might just be suspicious but any initial interest with PSG was surely about Ekitike....surely ...
Or they get first dibs on RAN/Neto

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has to be the calmest, driest pants transfer window in living memory right?

Kaladzjic and Silva are gone, there's been rumours linking Sarabia, Sa, Kilman and Neto away, we've signed no-one, and for some reason apparently hell bent on signing Danny Ings, but yet there is still relative calm out there. O'Neill has done some job thus far.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So only half of that is down the toilet…£52.2m
Neves - £28m profit
Nunes - £5m profit
Coady - £5m profit
Collins - £2m profit
MGW - £30m profit
£70m profit from just the players Wolves didn’t want and Neves who definitely was off, but for a surprising price nonetheless.
Doesn’t that look more acceptable than your ‘down the toilet’ hyperbole?
As you present it then it does look like profit but other factors come into consideration. There are expenses involved in every transfer in and out and that is the bottom line. Just as when your payslip comes it shows a gross figure and a net figure.
The expenses the club has to pay is the real profit or loss. We have to recover these according to how Fosun and others dictate. FFP dicatates how much we can lose over a 3 year period depending on their formula as to what is acceptahle. Fosun have to lose full stop.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.....I just can't see us being over interested in little lemina in a Jan FFP window , unless it allows us to get something else.......or is part of the a deal for who we want....
If it helps Super Mario (and Junior) at this difficult time, it's a good move - and being selfish, it will reinforce the bond between Number 5 and us.

Maybe I'm being naive but a young PSG player must have something about him, to be signed by that club - and GON has already IMV shown how he can improve young players (Pitbull and RAN spring to mind).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it helps Super Mario (and Junior) at this difficult time, it's a good move - and being selfish, it will reinforce the bond between Number 5 and us.

Maybe I'm being naive but a young PSG player must have something about him, to be signed by that club - and GON has already IMV shown how he can improve young players (Pitbull and RAN spring to mind).
Yes agree ....just a youngster who probably won't feature , probably wasn't on the agenda in a cost cutting window...that's all....not originally anyway.....which makes me think any original conversations with us and Psg were always about Ekitike......and maybe something else have cropped up since......

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes agree ....just a youngster who probably won't feature , probably wasn't on the agenda in a cost cutting window...that's all....not originally anyway.....which makes me think any original conversations with us and Psg were always about Ekitike......and maybe something else have cropped up since......
loan with future option wont affect ffp or cost cutting for us, will be tiddly wages in the real terms compared to say silva and sasa

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
loan with future option wont affect ffp or cost cutting for us, will be tiddly wages in the real terms compared to say silva and sasa
Well yes....but we don't nw any details at the minute so we all are just speculating.....

I predicted Hugo Ekitike early November, as he fitted the profile of what we wanted and was going to be available for loan in January.....And obviously with Jorge and his links to PSG the question was obviously going to be asked ...

I get the feeling, until he decides where he is going or we get a No, then we won't see much movement for somebody else......I'm sure we have a cut off and back up plan......but I would guess plan A is still on......not much else in the media suggests anything different......

Coops

Reaction score
Might as well begin the battle. Transfer talk on here please folks...

Say The Line Bart GIF - Say The Line Bart School - Discover ...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This has to be the calmest, driest pants transfer window in living memory right?

Kaladzjic and Silva are gone, there's been rumours linking Sarabia, Sa, Kilman and Neto away, we've signed no-one, and for some reason apparently hell bent on signing Danny Ings, but yet there is still relative calm out there. O'Neill has done some job thus far.
The reason there is calm out there is that most of us are in shock at the thought of bringing Ings in. :sob:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then list all the players, or your point is totally irrelevant.

The increase in value of Kilman, Ait-Nouri, Neto... even Hwang.... more than covers the "losses" you mention.

So it's not a joke... or a disgrace. It's you picking the bottom 5 players for losing value and ignoring everything else.
The 5 players are current. Neves has left for profit. Thankfully.

We want to talk about the past let’s look at 1960 for FA cup inspiration??

Kilman huge profit if sold.. Same for Ait-Nouri and Neto it covers the losses if we decide to sell.

Therefore if we sell all our stars in the summer the club will be criticised by many fans. However we must understand we are now at that level. We are no longer challenging for European football. Keeping hold of players will become a lot harder.

Reality check for many.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
“Let’s focus on the players we’ve have in the building. Gary has spoken about developing the players that are here and I think all of them have improved under him, and that will continue to be the case. A lot of the time solutions lie within, but if we can help, we of course will.”

Getting the excuses in early it seems.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to get another update from Hobbs.

I get his point but I think we've made a mistake to be honest in letting Sasa and Fabio go without a replacement ready.

Fabio and Sasa had no minutes because Cunha and Hwang have been fit all the time.

Hwang is now not here for around a month, so we're a Cunha injury away from being in a disastrous position really, especially when you consider we potentially have the biggest game of the season in under three weeks time.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting the excuses in early it seems.
Old saying “short term pain, long term gain”

The summer will be a lot richer for us if we hold off January moves and it’s the sensible choice. We will be moving players on and cash will become fluid. Some of us understand that. The sale of Neto is huge to our future plans we will get good money for him

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The summer will be a lot richer for us if we hold off January moves and it’s the sensible choice. We will be moving players on and cash will become fluid. Some of us understand that. The sale of Neto is huge to our future plans we will get good money for him

That's fine if you don't loan out two strikers.

When they agreed to that they significantly weakened our squad, and we need at least one in to replace them.

Out of nowhere, the FA Cup has become huge and I'm not sure we're ready. We could need Sasa at home to Brentford, and we could certainly need a new forward in for a trip to the ****. Let's hope we get past Brentford and get the new attacker in before the 27th.

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score

Oh without a doubt I understand that.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

My only worry is if they are on the pitch at the same time and someone goes in hard on his little bro Mario might snap!

Coops

Reaction score
Loaning out Sasa and Silva will free up about £150k ish a week on wages for an improved loan option that will actually play (e.g potentially Ekitike). That doesnt mean splashing cash, just reallocating existing budget which is in line with the Hobbs interview.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a shocking interview in my opinion, unless of course its bull **** and we have someone sorted.
Just letting clubs know we won’t pay till Summer

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

All so uninspiring isn't it.

No chance of any cash injection, "self sustainability" means we'll basically have to sell our best/most valuable player at the end of every season in order to play ball in the market.

It's so frustrating.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The 5 players are current. Neves has left for profit. Thankfully.

We want to talk about the past let’s look at 1960 for FA cup inspiration??

Kilman huge profit if sold.. Same for Ait-Nouri and Neto it covers the losses if we decide to sell.

Therefore if we sell all our stars in the summer the club will be criticised by many fans. However we must understand we are now at that level. We are no longer challenging for European football. Keeping hold of players will become a lot harder.

Reality check for many.

Ugh.... ummm... no. You're using incomplete data you don't understand and making a conclusion based only on the negative sides of that.

You are trying to make the point that the players bought have been a waste of money, and to prove that you list the ones that would lose the most money if sold, and ignore the opposite (increases which dwarf the decreases).

I'm not talking about going back to the 60s or anything like that. I'm talking about the current squad. All of it. Not just selected players to make my point.

DJW

Reaction score
Just letting clubs know we won’t pay till Summer
Letting the world know, we've just lost 3 strikers, and expected other clubs to think we hold all the cards when it comes to getting a great deal is unusual in the extreme Telling them that 2 of them rarely got on the pitch (which is true) but due to our fabulous club doctors they therefore don't urgently need replacing is laughable.
We must have deal rubber stamped as he can't be that stupid, can he?

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
All so uninspiring isn't it.

No chance of any cash injection, "self sustainability" means we'll basically have to sell our best/most valuable player at the end of every season in order to play ball in the market.

It's so frustrating.
Unfortunately this is the case for at least 13 prem clubs. At least the fans are aware of the clubs plans now. We've needed a change in strategy.
With strong scouting, you can build a transfer window around 1 or 2 player sales. Brighton as an example.

I'm much more trusting in Matt Hobbs than Scott sellars to help build our squad in the future.

Back
Top Bottom