Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
As the chief purveyor of useless information;

A squid is a mollusc with an elongated soft body, large eyes, eight arms, and two tentacles in the superorder Decapodiformes, though many other molluscs within the broader Neocoleoidea are also called squid despite not strictly fitting these criteria.
Wikipedia

Hence the squid is indeed (usually) wet.
A mollusc with no shell.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Is it just me? I just don’t get why we wish to annoy a nice Championship club like Plymouth to take Cundle away mid-season & send him to the frozen waste that is Stoke. Is he homesick & wants to live with Mum or what?
The Plymouth manager went to Stoke. Stoke are paying a higher percentage of his wages.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me? I just don’t get why we wish to annoy a nice Championship club like Plymouth to take Cundle away mid-season & send him to the frozen waste that is Stoke. Is he homesick & wants to live with Mum or what?
Three reasons, I think:
  1. Stoke are paying more of his wages than Plymouth did.
  2. Plymouth manager was Steven Schumacher, who rated Cundle and played good football with him. He's now gone to Stoke and there's no guarantee his replacement will do same.
  3. More chance Stoke will buy him if he does well.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. Shocking isn’t it

Podence £16.9m
Guedes £28.8m
Fabio £36m
Sasa 15m
Jordao £7.5m

£104.4m down the toilet, we will be lucky to recoup half of that.

I think Neto came in with the deal for Jordao and if that is correct, you would have to work out how much we got him for and how much he is worth now.
That is the way things work when you deal with Mendes. In my opinion you can't just look at the most negative purchases, without counting all the better ones and without doing the deals we have done, we wouldn't have had our best league success, in over 40 years.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned it before my Nephew knows him Morgan pretty well and played in the same teams as him. He reckons he's not a bad bloke, but he is a bit of a diva and is up himself a bit.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. Shocking isn’t it

Podence £16.9m
Guedes £28.8m
Fabio £36m
Sasa 15m
Jordao £7.5m

£104.4m down the toilet, we will be lucky to recoup half of that.
So only half of that is down the toilet…£52.2m
Neves - £28m profit
Nunes - £5m profit
Coady - £5m profit
Collins - £2m profit
MGW - £30m profit
£70m profit from just the players Wolves didn’t want and Neves who definitely was off, but for a surprising price nonetheless.
Doesn’t that look more acceptable than your ‘down the toilet’ hyperbole?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£££ and more game time.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto came in with the deal for Jordao and if that is correct, you would have to work out how much we got him for and how much he is worth now.
That is the way things work when you deal with Mendes. In my opinion you can't just look at the most negative purchases, without counting all the better ones and without doing the deals we have done, we wouldn't have had our best league success, in over 40 years.
Oddly, I seem to remember Jordao having a higher expected development ceiling. Which I actually can’t get my head around.

Martin wolf

Reaction score
Just said on sky sports news that hugo ekitike is a potential target but no approach yet

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Especially during the McGoo and Clown Lee era’s. Molineux was especially toxic back then…even in the Billy Quiet.
True story....I was aving a fight big argument, with a fan in Istanbul, it's funny cause he was slating Gibbs white n Neto for being ****e...in the stand at half time....I was thinking even though we are Europa League them still moaning......the argument was stopped by us getting pelted by the Turks and a couple jumped the fence...it was then we had to defend ourselves from invasion...

Got job really cause I didn't fancy getting locked uo in turkey for fighting with wolves fan...

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Three reasons, I think:
  1. Stoke are paying more of his wages than Plymouth did.
  2. Plymouth manager was Steven Schumacher, who rated Cundle and played good football with him. He's now gone to Stoke and there's no guarantee his replacement will do same.
  3. More chance Stoke will buy him if he does well.
Many thanks! Makes more sense now!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18m for the pair…

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Squib or Squid me point stands .

West ham will be like us , mindful of cost cutting...they wow sign kilman because Saudi outs or deals for Benrahma b Aguerd won't happen....

It's journalist clutching at straws , cause the window will be very quiet all round ....them just trying to make it look like they are doing a bit of work , which is what I was trying to do whist coming on here this morning......
The media dahn Sarf claim that we want Benrahma too.... Any old Iron???

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So only half of that is down the toilet…£52.2m
Neves - £28m profit
Nunes - £5m profit
Coady - £5m profit
Collins - £2m profit
MGW - £30m profit
£70m profit from just the players Wolves didn’t want and Neves who definitely was off, but for a surprising price nonetheless.
Doesn’t that look more acceptable than your ‘down the toilet’ hyperbole?
Your twisting the agenda we don’t have those players left to sell lol we are talking about current sellable assets….. Still praising thelwell is good to see

Back
Top Bottom