Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say the opposite and that we constantly undervalue our players. Kilman is valued at 35m Euro's on Transfermarkt. Add the English premium on top of that and that goes up to over £50m

People have been saying Neto is only worth £40-50m. No other club supporters would be happy to let him go for that when the likes of Rice, Grealish, and Caciedo went for over £100m.
Who’s paying £50 million for Kilman? The clubs who potentially have that to spend already have superior defenders.

£100 million for Neto?!?!?! Come on even the most gold tinted glasses don’t see that. He’s a forward who’s scored 3 league goals in 3 seasons. I think the club will be ecstatic if they can get £60m for him

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW ahead of Cunha? WTF

It's a debate to be had? He's certainly not taking Neto's place.
... and certainly certainly doesn't play in Gomes or Leminas postion,
Most of the footballing world would say we are deluded, but it looks like he won't get in.
However. Imagine if Gary O'neil does the same to him as he has our front 3.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Cunha is superior to MGW in most if not every way, and not least in terms of personality.

The more I see of MGW the less I like him, I must say. And I don't personally think the quality of his play is sufficient to compensate for it.

Cunha's only getting better and better and is going to end up a way superior player IMO.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's lovely to see you all jump to Cuhna's defence so quickly. Up to a few games ago, the majority were saying we slightly overpaid for him due to it being a January window. But football is fickle.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For several days, Wolfsburg has been considering a paying loan without a purchase option for Ekitiké.However, internal sources indicate competition from Wolverhampton. The latter approached PSG to discuss a loan with an option.

FYI noha lemina loan cut short returning to PSG imminently meaning action for us

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the current “net “ level of transfers in and out of our club since the end of last season we could have a squad of 8 in February 2025 .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is that deep down in our hearts we know that Forest got a bargain in MGW for 26-35 million. He will easily sell for 60 million to someone like Spurs.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Cunha is superior to MGW in most if not every way, and not least in terms of personality.

The more I see of MGW the less I like him, I must say. And I don't personally think the quality of his play is sufficient to compensate for it.

Cunha's only getting better and better and is going to end up a way superior player IMO.
IMHO if you're not better than MGW you wouldn't play for Brazil.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking something has been lost in translation/Chinese whispers and WOLFsburg and Wolves are being or have been mixed up?
That does usually seem to be the way.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the players in our side at the moment, Kilman, Joao Gomes, Ait Nouri, Neto, Hwang and Cunha could all command fees well in excess of their actual value if someone wants them enough.

Brighton never worry about selling anyone, as they've often got an ace up their sleeve with a ready made replacement. We need to get to that point.
Brighton have peaked. They are on the way down in my view.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s paying £50 million for Kilman? The clubs who potentially have that to spend already have superior defenders.

£100 million for Neto?!?!?! Come on even the most gold tinted glasses don’t see that. He’s a forward who’s scored 3 league goals in 3 seasons. I think the club will be ecstatic if they can get £60m for him
I didn’t say Neto was worth £100m. But if Brighton can get £100m for Caciedo and West Ham £100m for Rice why the hell should we let Neto go for £60m without trying to get more for him first? Same with Kilman. If someone wants him badly enough let them pay for him. I’m fed up of other clubs getting huge fees for one season wonders and our fans are happy with market value.

Do you think other clubs wouldn’t try and rinse us for every penny once we had accepted a par sum for our best player

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest revelation of the window so far is that people think Gibbs-White is better than Cunha.
Think MGW gets the 'not playing for Wolves ' boost. That improves perception of a player by about 20%.
In reality he's a decent player, who we received a decent fee for and will make a bit more on when he moves. Plus he didn't want to stay and would have gone for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom