Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. If we sell him for nothing we will regret it later on down the line. First we need someone to cough up the cash. Little media links are cheap talk. Be next week now. Nothing happens on a Friday

Cundle is Attacking Midfield an area we are let’s say well blessed…. So his sale won’t hurt us now. But when he comes good. Many will say why did we sell him. Goncalves another fine example of that
I’m not sure Goncalves is an example to hit the club with. 1) he showed much more ability than Cundle did in junior football 2) the club did all they could to settle him but he was homesick, he was even living with Neves for a while and still couldn’t settle. Maybe first team football here may have settled him but that decision was purely down to Nuno (same as why he hardly picked Vitinha either)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed. Big attitude problem and only one season of good performances. It is Leeds who have cancelled the loan, not Spurs.

Think Warnock had criticised him in the past, then he put a photo up of him smoking a cigarette tagging Warnocks twitter after forrest got promoted 2 years ago.... he has only played once for spurs.

I think he's somebody who thinks he's a lot better than what he is.

Rowzed

Reaction score
One thing we can use fairly in the debate on academies is hindsight.
So can anyone list 10 players of the many hundreds of players CURRENTLY in top flight football that originated from the Black Country ?
depends where the Black Country starts and finishes :)

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only proper link we have this window has been for Hugo Ekitike ....it's pretty obvious we had had various discussions with PSG..

Everything else so far for Bouleye and Che Adams etc has been speculation existing from the previous window...

I would guess Ekitike on loan is plan A... probably suiting both profile and current expenditure options....
If you are right what is holding this up?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Warnock had criticised him in the past, then he put a photo up of him smoking a cigarette tagging Warnocks twitter after forrest got promoted 2 years ago.... he has only played once for spurs.

I think he's somebody who thinks he's a lot better than what he is.
there were a fair few on here all over him in the summer.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Spence, from the Daily Mail article (apologies):

[Farke's conment] "And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United, our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic.

'We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

'He's a player of great potential and also a cool guy with a really good heart so we really wish him all the best. But yes, sometimes you need to take a decision then you have to do this.'

Indeed, Spurs are understood to hold similar reservations with regards to Spence's attitude. According to sources, time-keeping had been a particular concern for Tottenham.

In November 2020, Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know,' said Warnock.

'Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He's got the tools, there's no doubt about that.' "

Not the first to (potentially) waste his talent, and won't be the last . . .

Not good for our squad positivity by the look of it . . .

Not for us IMV, talent notwithstanding.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Spence, from the Daily Mail article (apologies):

[Farke's conment] "And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United, our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic.

'We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

'He's a player of great potential and also a cool guy with a really good heart so we really wish him all the best. But yes, sometimes you need to take a decision then you have to do this.'

Indeed, Spurs are understood to hold similar reservations with regards to Spence's attitude. According to sources, time-keeping had been a particular concern for Tottenham.

In November 2020, Neil Warnock, who managed Spence at Middlesbrough, said: 'He could be playing at a top club in England or in non-league in five years, I don't know,' said Warnock.

'Application, dedication, all these things come into it. He's got the tools, there's no doubt about that.' "

Not the first to (potentially) waste his talent, and won't be the last . . .

Not good for our squad positivity by the look of it . . .

Not for us IMV, talent notwithstanding.
Agreed re your last couple of paras. I wouldn't want to jeopardise our newfound and hard-won squad cohesion.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Now thats needs a separate thread doesn't it ?
Hate to bring these up again but in my experience the the Black Country starts and ends where people understand what orange/battered chips are. There's pretty much a dividing line somewhere between Dudley and Oldbury and anyone on the wrong side of that line cannot, under any circumstances, get their head around it.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm only guessing..... Ekitike will be looking at his options probably.....
Rumours online suggest West Ham is a strong option and allegedly would be willing to meet his personal terms.

If it comes down to a choice between West Ham, Crystal Palace and us I would imagine, other things being equal, that he'd prefer London cuisine and nightlife to orange chips - really can't understand why!

As an aside, I didn't realise he's only played one game for PSG this season, having been seemingly cold-shouldered: if it's been posted earlier, apologies for missing it. Regardless, he surely can't be match fit, so would need some (possibly considerable) time to get up to sped with the physical demands of the Prem.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours online suggest West Ham is a strong option and allegedly would be willing to meet his personal terms.

If it comes down to a choice between West Ham, Crystal Palace and us I would imagine, other things being equal, that he'd prefer London cuisine and nightlife to orange chips - really can't understand why!

As an aside, I didn't realise he's only played one game for PSG this season, having been seemingly cold-shouldered: if it's been posted earlier, apologies for missing it. Regardless, he surely can't be match fit, so would need some (possibly considerable) time to get up to sped with the physical demands of the Prem.
West ham like us seem to have a long standing interest in him or get linked to him.....I would say west ham will have FFP concerns themselves though so it all about who is in the position to push the most at the right moment...

It would seem like we are linening thinks up to pounce for somebody.....West ham priority does seem a centre back though..

He will have offers elsewhere no doubt.....but I refuse to believe that as we have obviously had discussion with PSG in the last week's or so and with our links to Jorge that Ekitike hasnt been in the conversation....I'm not saying I think we will get him , I am convinced he is ONE of our number 1 target if not THE number 1...PSG want to loan a striker , we need one......

You won't get a striker in January generally who doesn't have any me question mark about him.....clubs dont sell on form top strikers , especially to clubs who have financial constraints...

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to bring these up again but in my experience the the Black Country starts and ends where people understand what orange/battered chips are. There's pretty much a dividing line somewhere between Dudley and Oldbury and anyone on the wrong side of that line cannot, under any circumstances, get their head around it.
Not going to go into semantics,as there will never be an agreement as to where the Black Country starts and ends
The usual rule of thumb is Dudley is the centre and a rough 10 mile ring around that is the Black Country
Oldbury Wolverhampton Halesowen Walsall Stourbridge are the outliers that some say are included some hate to be so,but ill leave it there as it gets totally off piste

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons, there's a chippy in Bromsgrove that sells orange chips!

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
On Durosinimi, this article suggests Frankfurt just pulled out, nothing to do with knee, which makes sense if Sasa becomes available.

Then this suggests medical abnormalities

Both of those articles state it was due to medical abnormalities

dnf14

Reaction score
On Durosinimi, this article suggests Frankfurt just pulled out, nothing to do with knee, which makes sense if Sasa becomes available.

Then this suggests medical abnormalities

If memory serves, Frankfurt tried to haggle down the price when Durosinmi's medical indicated that he won't be satisfactorily fit for a couple weeks longer than estimated, feeling a €10m outlay is too much for a player coming from an inferior league not fully fit, and Viktoria wouldn't play ball with that hence the deal falling apart.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure Goncalves is an example to hit the club with. 1) he showed much more ability than Cundle did in junior football 2) the club did all they could to settle him but he was homesick, he was even living with Neves for a while and still couldn’t settle. Maybe first team football here may have settled him but that decision was purely down to Nuno (same as why he hardly picked Vitinha either)
Vitinha same issue as Trincao not suited to big boy physical the league. Good players nonetheless mind. Look at them now. We have to trust our glorious leaders, Nuno was king and now Gary is king.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch him rise up at Stoke. Miles better than Hodge who is a crab, sidewards and backwards merchant. Most impressive about Cundle always looks for the forward pass. He’s fast, he can pass, he can shoot.
I would like to have seen him given a run in the first team. I doubt he would have lost value and more likely to gained.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha same issue as Trincao not suited to big boy physical the league. Good players nonetheless mind. Look at them now. We have to trust our glorious leaders, Nuno was king and now Gary is king.
Vitinha is the same size as Cundle who you’ve said is the new Paul Scholes. Make your mind up

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are moving on both Fabio and Sasa then we need two strikers imv. We will see if we go back in for Durosininmi now and of course Ekitike on loan would be marvellous business if we can fend off the competition and match other clubs' personal terms. A lot in the balance and I hope Fosun realise that at times you have to push the boat out when good opportunities arise. Surely the main body of any transfer fee can be paid from the summer onwards as long as the other club agrees, easing the FFP problem by only requiring a downpayment now?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha is the same size as Cundle who you’ve said is the new Paul Scholes. Make your mind up
One proven at champ level and can step up the other had to go back abroad to prove his worth. Little tiresome you don’t rate championship players as good enough. Dawson was doubted by many.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle is 4m and you think cundle is 8m :) :)
Doyle was part of the Nunes deal and that is why the prospective fee is low. So in no way comparable. I repeat £2m for Cundle is a steal in our inflationary times. I think he will go on to have a very good career and reportedly there are at least three Championship sides after him. At that price I am not surprised and I am amazed some people here are so negative about the value of a player like him who has so much upside potential. I didn't say he was worth £8m. I said around £4m. Perhaps you need some new glasses. I have just read Stoke hope to complete a £1.5m deal....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom