Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only proper link we have this window has been for Hugo Ekitike ....it's pretty obvious we had had various discussions with PSG..

Everything else so far for Bouleye and Che Adams etc has been speculation existing from the previous window...

I would guess Ekitike on loan is plan A... probably suiting both profile and current expenditure options....

Last edited:

Coops

Reaction score
I dont mind that we do pick up players like that. I dont even mind we buy players in like the Ipswich lad for example, but i'd be asking the question where are the midland based players. I'm not expecting top level players coming through on a regular basis, but surely we are capable of getting in the odd player every now and then even as a squad player.
there's not that many midlands based players in the premier league across all teams.

1704460534685.png

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only proper link we have this window has been for Hugo Ekitike ....it's pretty obvious we had had various discussions with PSG..

Everything else so far for Bouleye and Che Adams etc has been speculation existing from the previous window...

I would guess Ekitike on loan is plan A...
We get rid of Jonny wages that frees up a lot of room. (For a loan). Unfortunately it looks like he’s going to run his contract down intentionally

CONFIRMED BY MEDIA

SASHA IS OFF ON LOAN BACK TO GERMANY

Hopefully striker now comes in

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would guess Ekitike on loan is plan A...

I disagree. I don’t think the Ekitike link is that strong - anytime one of the more mainstream journalists (Fabrizio, Ben Jacobs or Ornstein) have mentioned him, it’s always for Palace.

As I have mentioned, he is on huge wages (80k a week) and has had rumors of an attitude problem. Both of those points make him a very non-wolves striker.

Personally, I think it is the kid that Percy tied us with that was supposed to go to Frankfurt. I think we convinced them to let us have him in exchange for this Sasa loan.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. I don’t think the Ekitike link is that strong - anytime one of the more mainstream journalists (Fabrizio, Ben Jacobs or Ornstein) have mentioned him, it’s always for Palace.

As I have mentioned, he is on huge wages (80k a week) and has had rumors of an attitude problem. Both of those points make him a very non-wolves striker.

Personally, I think it is the kid that Percy tied us with that was supposed to go to Frankfurt. I think we convinced them to let us have him in exchange for this Sasa loan.
We will have to see...we are all guessing....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would guess Ekitike on loan is plan A... probably suiting both profile and current expenditure options....

If we get Ekitike, I'd be both surprised and delighted.

I think he could adapt really well to the PL. His frame and style reminds me a lot of Alexander Isak.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There have been links PSG end regarding wolves and Ekitike..none our end but that is to be expected

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Percy previously linked us with Durosinmi. His move to Frankfurt is not happening (and Sasa is joining them) - I wouldnt be suprised if he ends up here?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get Ekitike, I'd be both surprised and delighted.

I think he could adapt really well to the PL. His frame and style reminds me a lot of Alexander Isak.
All the juggling about....Fabio , Saza , Cundle for me suggest someone decent.....granted we might not pay for them till the summer....but would definitely suggest a proper first team option...

Thus putting another spanner in the works for Saza and game time....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle sale will cover that probably....
Maybe, maybe not. If we sell him for nothing we will regret it later on down the line. First we need someone to cough up the cash. Little media links are cheap talk. Be next week now. Nothing happens on a Friday

Cundle is Attacking Midfield an area we are let’s say well blessed…. So his sale won’t hurt us now. But when he comes good. Many will say why did we sell him. Goncalves another fine example of that

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He failed the medical there didn’t he?
something came up in medical about knee and they wanted to restructure deal change payment structure is the rumour, but at the same time, they were talking to us about sasa.

For them it may have been well sasa knows the league quick settler and more established will have him instead of getting duronsimi up to speed

Could be anything percy said we were concrete looking i mean some money for cundle and wages out for sasa and fabio probably gets you drunsosimi, i guess to go bigger we need jonnys wages off

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On the Bellingham stuff, I was always under the impression he went to/stayed at blues because of Kristiaan Speakman, their old academy boss?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the very least I would not expect us to hear about a striker , until Ekitike destination is confirmed.....

Again pure guesswork.....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
firminio? offered to fulham would we do it, with cunha and portugeese influence, proven 9 ? presses.. i mean he fits the mould other than being 32..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any options or obligations for sasa and guedes could help future loan to obligations for us

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
firminio? offered to fulham would we do it, with cunha and portugeese influence, proven 9 ? presses.. i mean he fits the mould other than being 32..

He's a proven false 9, not a proven 9 in my opinion.

Too similar to Cunha.

Also, scored a hattrick on debut in Saudi, but not scored since!

The opposite of young and hungry. Older and well-fed (in terms of wages, he's not porky).

It's a no for me.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simon Banza is the top scorer in the Portuguese league, maybe he is under consideration.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we could afford to do both Rafiu and Hugo. 6 months of those two is probably covered by all the outgoings we are doing (Sasa, Fabio, Fraser, Jonny, Cundle et al).

Then in the Summer, once they've bedded in, make Hwang the big sale for £50mill+, based on his performance this year and recent contract, and keep Neto and RAN for next year.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Durosinimi, this article suggests Frankfurt just pulled out, nothing to do with knee, which makes sense if Sasa becomes available.

Then this suggests medical abnormalities

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said we should be all over him when he went to Saudi
Has a lot of the qualities we want,but is not an out and out no 9 if there is such a thing nowadays
Wages would be high and would he come here?
Would love to see him here but very doubtful even at 32

Reaction score
There's no way Wolves play Sasa tonight if a deal is really agreed (not that GON would've played him anyway judging by recent lack of minutes when opportunity has been there to use him).

It's a shame that things haven't worked out for him here, as he seems a decent lad and does have a decent goals to minutes ration, but he doesn't really suit the style we are looking to play now.

Not sure who the forward we have lined up as the incoming - lots of speculation as always but I guess it won't be long now until we find out

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Durosinimi, this article suggests Frankfurt just pulled out, nothing to do with knee, which makes sense if Sasa becomes available.

Then this suggests medical abnormalities

He would be fit in February which is one of the reasons it collapsed.

Back
Top Bottom