Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don’t think we need a right back do we?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? Jota don't care about you

The judas didn't put a goodbye video to us on Insta for at least 48 hours. And I don't care if a huge amount of effort and thought had gone into it. No excuse and he deserves to be booed
How thins your skin??

Jota gave 100% every time he wore a wolves shirt and those booing him are pathetic

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The judas didn't put a goodbye video to us on Insta for at least 48 hours. And I don't care if a huge amount of effort and thought had gone into it. No excuse and he deserves to be booed

I'm with you. These sort of sentiments need to be done instantly, or they are worthless. Players should really have a video pre-recorded and ready to go during a transfer window, just in case.

Tardiness is just not acceptable in any form. A neighbour of mine once didn't post a Christmas card until Christmas Eve!! She's in her 90s and had recently been very ill, but it still takes the ****.

I ripped it up into little pieces and posted it back through her letterbox with some dog**** on Christmas morning. That'll learn her.

Now every time I see the old dear outside her house, me, the wife and our son all loudly boo her too.

Last edited:

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who is the real long term competitor and serious replacement for semedo?

Doc is a good short term option, but he isn’t the future
He's literally the past lol.

Hoping Hoever continues developing into a decent understudy and at some point over the next year can challenge Semedo for 1st rb spot.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm with you. These sort of sentiments need to be done instantly, or they are worthless. Players should really have a video pre-recorded and ready to go during a transfer window, just in case.

Tardiness is just not acceptable in any form. A neighbour of mine once didn't post a Christmas card until Christmas Eve!! She's in her 90s and had recently been very ill, but it still takes the ****.

I ripped it up into little pieces and posted it back through their letterbox with some dog**** on Christmas morning. That'll learn her.

Now every time I see the old dear outside her house, me, the wife and our son all loudly boo her too.
She got off lightly

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score
Booing a past servant of the club, over their perceived tardiness in posting a trite, PR produced, leaving video to their socials...

...what a time to be alive.

I must be a dinosaur but I find all that Social Media stuff is just fakery of the highest order. There's no sincerity in nearly all of the videos posted just some cheap PR.

Anyway I'm off to Twitter to monitor Wolves following numbers to see if a signing is imminent

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How thins your skin??

Jota gave 100% every time he wore a wolves shirt and those booing him are pathetic
Whilst i agree about the booing,i cant agree he gave 100% towards the end of his spell here
He was moody and petulant and spent more time waving his arms around than trying to help his team out
Whatever the reasons for this i found it childish and was glad when he left in the end
He was a great player for us and i loved him for the first couple of seasons but, for me anyway, he soured that in his final weeks

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d be more bothered about how moutinho just left without saying anything thought he has more class. Think he did eventually say something.
Jota was my favourite player of all the Nuno years and don’t understand the hatred. Isn’t some of the booing in jest? To try and get under his skin.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's literally the past lol.

Hoping Hoever continues developing into a decent understudy and at some point over the next year can challenge Semedo for 1st rb spot.

not sure Hoever will be the answer. Maybe a suitable understudy for a bit, but not first choice.... ever.

Ebbo

Reaction score
I’d be more bothered about how moutinho just left without saying anything thought he has more class. Think he did eventually say something.
Jota was my favourite player of all the Nuno years and don’t understand the hatred. Isn’t some of the booing in jest? To try and get under his skin.
Moutinho was the epitome of class for us, an absolute pleasure to watch particularly in his first 2 seasons. He was one of the most gifted midfielders I've ever had the privilege to watch in a Wolves shirt.

Genuinely, I couldn't care less if he failed to wave goodbye at the last game of the season or posted a video... not precious about it all.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booing a past servant of the club, over their perceived tardiness in posting a trite, PR produced, leaving video to their socials...

...what a time to be alive.

I must be a dinosaur but I find all that Social Media stuff is just fakery of the highest order. There's no sincerity in nearly all of the videos posted just some cheap PR.

Anyway I'm off to Twitter to monitor Wolves following numbers to see if a signing is imminent
Absolutely agree - social media is largely an act of how people want to be perceived rather than real life.

The only one that got me was Neves leaving video though.

Don’t mind a couple of Panto villains - Nunes and to a lesser degree MGW - so long as it benefits us not player/opposition.

Jota will always be a positive for me - Championship player, European star - left at a time that we were interchanging him starting with Neto and at a good price. Good luck to him and thanks.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Moutinho was the epitome of class for us, an absolute pleasure to watch particularly in his first 2 seasons. He was one of the most gifted midfielders I've ever had the privilege to watch in a Wolves shirt.

Genuinely, I couldn't care less if he failed to wave goodbye at the last game of the season or posted a video... not precious about it all.
Good for you.
Personally think it’s nice touch to do.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You know exactly what has happened.

Step 1 Journo been told there’s interest for England in a player

Step 2 Journo assesses what tier this player is in.

Step 3 Journo goes to matching fishbowl and pulls out three balls

Bingo there’s your rumour.

We’re in Tier 3 right now along with Palace, Fulham, Everton, Bournemouth, Forest, Brentford and for good measure, Leicester and Leeds.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Just watched G O N on sky - basically said that we're trying to do something on incomings but very financially constrained which he knew when he came and has no complaints about and may have to have outgoings first. Sasa not going out just yet as quote" will be involved tomorrow "

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we need a right back do we?
I certainly don’t think it’s a priority for this January window.
Though, as much as I’m a fan of Semado, I think if we want to play a back 4 we could do with a better defensive rb, and if a back 3 maybe we want a better attacking rwb.
Semado is neither, kinda like a midfield version of the position (which could be viewed as a good thing).

Also it’s possible we plan to cash in on him this summer due to him only having a year left and being on a high wage.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I certainly don’t think it’s a priority for this January window.
Though, as much as I’m a fan of Semado, I think if we want to play a back 4 we could do with a better defensive rb, and if a back 3 maybe we want a better attacking rwb.
Semado is neither, kinda like a midfield version of the position (which could be viewed as a good thing).

Also it’s possible we plan to cash in on him this summer due to him only having a year left and being on a high wage.
I th nk its absolutely a priority, if Semedo gets injured or a ban we have no back up, don't say Doc, he's at best ok to come on for 10 minutes to see a game put. I see a viable RB as important as a forward.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are our right back options in the U21s? Anyone coming through?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marvin Kaleta, looks solid defensively, played really well in one of the game's I watched, but no idea if he's near ready to be honest, someone who watches them regularly required.

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Marvin Kaleta, looks solid defensively, played really well in one of the game's I watched, but no idea if he's near ready to be honest, someone who watches them regularly required.
Yeah Kaleta looked really good the game I watched.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has only just got into the u21 team in the last couple of months.... struggled a bit a first but got into it as time went on....

But obviously miles of first team contention...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I th nk its absolutely a priority, if Semedo gets injured or a ban we have no back up, don't say Doc, he's at best ok to come on for 10 minutes to see a game put. I see a viable RB as important as a forward.
Well I don’t rate Doc quite as lowly as you do, and think he would be adequate enough to fill in if Semado was out, especially in the current system.
I also think Mosquera could be an option there and in a back 4 S. Bueno can apparently play rb.
Definitely something that can wait till the summer, imo.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Lembikisa is the obvious one. Then you’ve got Kaleta, Birtwistle and even Wes Okoduwa in the U18s who is a real talent. I wouldn’t say any are ready to throw into the Premier League just get, but there are players coming through.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I don’t rate Doc quite as lowly as you do, and think he would be adequate enough to fill in if Semado was out, especially in the current system.
I also think Mosquera could be an option there and in a back 4 S. Bueno can apparently play rb.
Definitely something that can wait till the summer, imo.
Fair enough, we'll have crossed agree to disagree.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lembikisa is the obvious one. Then you’ve got Kaleta, Birtwistle and even Wes Okoduwa in the U18s who is a real talent. I wouldn’t say any are ready to throw into the Premier League just get, but there are players coming through.

Yep, that’s the list… just to flag for those that don’t know… Wes Okoduwa is only 15 though.

Birtwhistle has been playing more attacking too to allow Kaleta game time

None are ready for the Premier League, Lembikisa & Hoever included, although they are closest

Back
Top Bottom