Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right actual links

plays into sasa going into frankfurt

Hugo was linked before and we wanted

Frankfurt and Wolfsburg want to recruit Hugo Ekitike

Frankfurt still follows the Frenchman since last summer

Wolverhampton also took information

A loan + purchase option formula could satisfy all parties

6ft2

The most sensitive file of the month of January in Paris, the possibility of a loan with option to purchase will be favored for Hugo Ekitike.

Ekitike maintains a good rating in England and Germany
Quickly revealed in Ligue 1 with Reims before signing in Paris, Hugo Ekitike maintains good popularity abroad. In England, Wolverhampton is ready to welcome him during the second half of the season. The Wolves maintain good relations with the sports management of PSG.

Last edited:

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right actual links

Would be a coup, but he’s been linked with many clubs at this point.

What happened to Dia? Is that dead?

6ft2

Would be a huge coup if we could get Hugo. Wasn’t he linked to many other clubs (I seem to recall Palace wanted him).

What happened to the Dia deal? Is that dead?

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be a huge coup if we could get Hugo. Wasn’t he linked to many other clubs (I seem to recall Palace wanted him).

What happened to the Dia deal? Is that dead?
I'd imagine both are near the top of the list. My preference would be Dia, we could use an experienced head up top. Although Etikike would be a coup

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem would be etikike is definitely still a work in progress but could lean the line as out and out 9 and definitely puts the stake in silva.

i guess Dia is more ready made, but who knows what way we turn.

We are really trying to bring on youth and build, he woul dbe a big coup tbh especially if we can get on a cheap loan with obligation

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right actual links

6ft2

The most sensitive file of the month of January in Paris, the possibility of a loan with option to purchase will be favored for Hugo Ekitike.

Ekitike maintains a good rating in England and Germany
Quickly revealed in Ligue 1 with Reims before signing in Paris, Hugo Ekitike maintains good popularity abroad. In England, Wolverhampton is ready to welcome him during the second half of the season. The Wolves maintain good relations with the sports management of PSG.
This would be cracking if we can get him in. He was signed by PSG from Reims for €35 Million in the summer after a loan in 2022-2023 and has only made 1 appearance all season.

Knowing we need a good striker, anyone we can assist in development would be great and I suspect he has been sat on the bench at PSG feeling rather annoyed!

He scored 11 at Reims in 2021/2022 in 26 games, which is not bad for a then 19 and 20 year old.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think so too many options across the front and one of them would get annoyed with game time

If we had europe then i think it would be fine

Probably. I don't think we need both.

Agreed, and Ekitike is looking to leave PSG due to lack of game time and subsequent MH issues, he won't be wanting to be spending too much time on the bench

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jorge will sort Ekitike...his mate is the sporting director...

Truthfully if we wanted and could afford i expect we can go get him, like we did with sarabia

Its if we can commit to the spend require and equally if he can be sold on the "project" and game time.

Youd have to say you promise him a starting berth infront of cunha

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be too much to ask for Dia to replace Sasa and Ekitike to replace Fabio, the first probably with an obligation and the second with an option?

I think so too many options across the front and one of them would get annoyed with game time

If we had europe then i think it would be fine

Probably. I don't think we need both.

I think we want 6 forward players, and I’m inclined to count Bellegarde as one of them. So I’d say we only need one in to replace Sasa who I’m increasingly convinced is about to exit.

Only if we plan to start consistently playing some sort of front 4 would I feel we possibly had space for more. Also remember if we played some sort of 442 system RAN probably plays as a winger.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truthfully if we wanted and could afford i expect we can go get him, like we did with sarabia

Its if we can commit to the spend require and equally if he can be sold on the "project" and game time.

Loan with option will secure it I reckon....it's just on whether he fancies Wolverhampton...

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely if we wanted Ekitike, we'd just signing him. We wouldn't have to convince the player, jorge, PSG etc.. His record isn't screaming out move to a top 6 side to me. It's saying i need some regular playing time at a good size club in the worlds top division.

Anything out the the best best players is well within the reach of all Premier league clubs.

Like there are France U21 players going to much smaller teams than us, which he isn't even at the level.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t Ekitike only 21? Not an established player? Seems a bit like Silva!
Would he really be ready to come straight in and make an impact?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure Mario, Rayan, JJ and Bouba could sell Wolves to Ekitike. In truth - it’s the Premier League, it doesn’t need much selling. Loan with an option would be perfect.
The club or business would probably prefer Ekitike to Bouleye I reckon as he may have bigger sell on potential value in the future,..As was said the other the other day results may make us look a bit more to the future, than the current in the market.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club or business would probably prefer Ekitike to Bouleye I reckon as he may have bigger sell on potential value in the future,..As was said the other the other day results may make us look a bit more to the future, than the current in the market.
Ekitike is out of our league let’s at least try and be realistic.. Loan maybe possible not sure about permanent switch.

Or we could wait and test the waters for Archer at sheff utd in the summer 20/30m

Dia or Rafiu Durosinmi seem most likely still

Personal pick would be Adebayo from Luton 12m and give them Jonny for free lol

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think the Ekitike link is legit. He is on crazy wages and has an attitude problem (hence why he has been on the bench for PSG after his expensive move this summer).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think the Ekitike link is legit. He is on crazy wages and has an attitude problem (hence why he has been on the bench for PSG after his expensive move this summer).
80k apparently..his signed for PSG a couple of seasons ago....been touted for loans before...nearly every window....it's not a new link ....we've been linked for about 2 months.....our league position will put us in a better place....I think it legit as in we will have made a offer especially on loan for a forward, who is available.,.

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike is out of our league let’s at least try and be realistic.. Loan maybe possible not sure about permanent switch.

Or we could wait and test the waters for Archer at sheff utd in the summer 20/30m

Dia or Rafiu Durosinmi seem most likely still

Personal pick would be Adebayo from Luton 12m and give them Jonny for free lol
No he isn't....we are a premier league team , with a shortage of forwards , and strikers ...it's exactly the sort of loan, loan option to look at from both player and us .... especially with Mendes links to PSG.....

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike looks able to score with both feet, pass and move, dribble, find other players speedily, and has height and speed carrying the ball and scores; he reminds me of Cunha. They would bamboozle most if not all defences when on the pitch together. It might take time for him to hone his style for the EPL, like others, but he has the ability, from watching the video.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

why would we? Where else is he going to get more game time at our level?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Ekitike looks like a good fit- tall fast and technical. A quick Google of his name and Wolves suggests we have longstanding interest in him since before he left Reims. Hopefully our Hwang-esque "love calls" swing it in our favour.

He would have time to bed in and plenty of support from our other imports from France. I'd prefer him to Dia or Che Adams and probably even to Durosinmi. Let's get it done!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is a different formation which would require four at the back which seems highly unlikely.
We basically play 4-4-2, he would play in a 3 with cunha/hwang and neto

long term i see us going 4 with gon but initially it will be in a 3, cunha is already playing off hwang

Back
Top Bottom