Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad that we haven’t completely cut ties with our Portuguese connections. Know nothing about Gomes but he sounds exciting, and great to see us so proactive in the market for summer.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton Wanderers sign promising young Eastbourne Borough striker

Eastbourne Borough have reached an agreement with Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers for the transfer of Fletcher Holman.
I read that he's been with Wolves U21's on trial, has anyone watched any games, or was he training only?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting 2+2 together and ending up with 9....(like we always do in a transfer window)......Right then so we are giving Braga 10m in the summer for this winger are we getting someone off them a bit cheaper in January.....Simon Banza (Mendes client) striker.....10m nw and 10m in the summer so it's technically 20m for the pair ......lovely jubbly...

If it happens I'm ITK......

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he’ll be a right wingback if we stick with the current system?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This - there’s no doubt that we will make Doyle permanent (his performances and his price are a no brainer) but I doubt that happens this window unless we need to free up a loan spot.
We could announce it Feb 2/3rd like we did with Cunha to give the lad piece of mind.....but makes no sense to put it on this year's books if we are watching FFP.....as long as it goes on next year accounts no problem......can see that happening actually and always being the intention....

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's gonna be a great player. He has a sense of Pirlo about him IMO

Only thing stopping him reaching his potential is I've felt he's looked a little weak physically when he's played. If you want to play in a 2 man midfield you have to be able to hold your own. Saying that he was a lot better against Everton though, even if their midfield wasn't the best.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
There here, there there, they're every ****ing where, Gomes, Gomes!
Happy So Excited GIF by Sherlock Gnomes

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken from braga forum. Dampens expectations and gives me vinagre vibes.

"It seems like an excellent sale to me, especially if we keep a percentage of the pass.
I believe that AJ and the current system are to be maintained and I don't see Rodrigo Gomes fitting well in any position.
He doesn't have what it takes to play in an attacking position here (at least to be a first and good option) and the full-back in a four-man defense I have a lot of doubts about. He is a player who runs a lot and still often makes bad decisions. He is capable of providing a lot of width and depth, but it doesn't seem to me that he is capable of providing great guarantees in the rest (defending, coming from behind, thinking and pausing the game more).
At Estoril he is playing in the ideal position for him (winger in a system with three central defenders), he has a lot of space to run… it is the ideal context for his characteristics, it was impossible to do better."

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taken from braga forum. Dampens expectations and gives me vinagre vibes.

"It seems like an excellent sale to me, especially if we keep a percentage of the pass.
I believe that AJ and the current system are to be maintained and I don't see Rodrigo Gomes fitting well in any position.
He doesn't have what it takes to play in an attacking position here (at least to be a first and good option) and the full-back in a four-man defense I have a lot of doubts about. He is a player who runs a lot and still often makes bad decisions. He is capable of providing a lot of width and depth, but it doesn't seem to me that he is capable of providing great guarantees in the rest (defending, coming from behind, thinking and pausing the game more).
At Estoril he is playing in the ideal position for him (winger in a system with three central defenders), he has a lot of space to run… it is the ideal context for his characteristics, it was impossible to do better."
Developmental talents with him a chiquinho for a summer under Gon hopefully positive

Back
Top Bottom