Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Taken from braga forum. Dampens expectations and gives me vinagre vibes.

"It seems like an excellent sale to me, especially if we keep a percentage of the pass.
I believe that AJ and the current system are to be maintained and I don't see Rodrigo Gomes fitting well in any position.
He doesn't have what it takes to play in an attacking position here (at least to be a first and good option) and the full-back in a four-man defense I have a lot of doubts about. He is a player who runs a lot and still often makes bad decisions. He is capable of providing a lot of width and depth, but it doesn't seem to me that he is capable of providing great guarantees in the rest (defending, coming from behind, thinking and pausing the game more).
At Estoril he is playing in the ideal position for him (winger in a system with three central defenders), he has a lot of space to run… it is the ideal context for his characteristics, it was impossible to do better."
Confirms he's great as a wing back so seems a good option for us.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would we wait for the summer when their season restarts in January?
A bit like with the apparent Gomes deal, with our situation we can perhaps line deals up now, let them play out their seasons and get them in the summer. Maybe Hobbs is looking ahead to next season rather than rushing into anything in this window. Sign players now that they think will increase their stock between now and the summer, and let them play out the season in their respective leagues.

We're sitting quite comfortably at the moment and playing good football, is a European push realistic now? I think it's still a very long shot with sides like Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea that should only improve.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit like with the apparent Gomes deal, with our situation we can perhaps line deals up now, let them play out their seasons and get them in the summer. Maybe Hobbs is looking ahead to next season rather than rushing into anything in this window. Sign players now that they think will increase their stock between now and the summer, and let them play out the season in their respective leagues.

Right, but their season is over now. So it makes less sense for us to let them play the first half of a season for their Brazilian club and then have them pick up and come join us in the summer.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We're sitting quite comfortably at the moment and playing good football, is a European push realistic now? I think it's still a very long shot with sides like Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea that should only improve.
I think it’s a long shot (Europe) … but the quality of our team against an admittedly poor Everton does give some grounds for genuine optimism.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was involved in all 3 goals on Saturday, I particularly liked his part in the first. He reverse passed back towards the corner instead of the safe option of passing back to a defender.
I dont think I've seen enough praise for him. It was his passing ability that really helped us play that way. I'm not sure any of our other players allow us to play that way.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a long shot (Europe) … but the quality of our team against an admittedly poor Everton does give some grounds for genuine optimism.
If VAR evens itself out as everyone says it will then we’re on 35 points…..dreaming is for free.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take most stuff with pinch of salt but will always tell folk.

I reckon Hobbs met Guo last week big plans for next season. (They may invest again)

I see the Rodrigo Gomes signing as replacement potentially for Neto but think of the Neto money….. We will have good things coming our way. If he goes Man City we are talking good money up front again

Anyway let’s just enjoy the here and now.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Take most stuff with pinch of salt but will always tell folk.

I reckon Hobbs met Guo last week big plans for next season. (They may invest again)

I see the Rodrigo Gomes signing as replacement potentially for Neto but think of the Neto money….. We will have good things coming our way. If he goes Man City we are talking good money up front again

Anyway let’s just enjoy the here and now.
Could you see City going for Neto? He's struggled when not playing as a fairly conventional winger and I doubt he'd be able to do that under Pep.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the fee is based on the fee for Nunes and their respective abilities Neto goes for more than £150m. I could live with that!
Oh aye, if they want to pay anything above £75m then I think he would be a brilliant fit for their squad and take them to the next level.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, but their season is over now. So it makes less sense for us to let them play the first half of a season for their Brazilian club and then have them pick up and come join us in the summer.
True, but their season starts in April again, so a full preseason and 2-3 months out there before joining us is probably better than sitting on our bench/U23's though.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh aye, if they want to pay anything above £75m then I think he would be a brilliant fit for their squad and take them to the next level.
This is why I hate transfer windows …… what about trying to keep him as long as possible and take us to our next level..,. A fit and firing Neto is irreplaceable

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I hate transfer windows …… what about trying to keep him as long as possible and take us to our next level..,. A fit and firing Neto is irreplaceable
Nobody wants him to leave but it’s our business model. Just to cheer you up remember we won three games over Xmas without him playing anything but a very minor role against Everton so there would be life after he left.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody wants him to leave but it’s our business model. Just to cheer you up remember we won three games over Xmas without him playing anything but a very minor role against Everton so there would be life after he left.
Remember we have no Ait Nouri , Lemina , Traore or Hwang for potentially the whole of January, so even considering letting him go in January would be madness

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Remember we have no Ait Nouri , Lemina , Traore or Hwang for potentially the whole of January, so even considering letting him go in January would be madness
Why no lemina
We only play two games in jan too

Back
Top Bottom