Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see he was at the match and clapping at the end. I'm not sure what his financial options are in January but the Club must feel confident of staying up now and he must have seen our bench today and realised we need some strength added in the window. STRIKER PLEASE!
Guo maybe encouraged by what he saw. Maybe he will put some cash into the club make the accounts more rosy who knows

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep Sa over him. Sa comes in for a lot of unfair stick on here. Any money we've got needs to be spent in other areas of the team
His distribution is shocking. A simple long kick to Hwang, on his own on the HW line, and he's in for goal. Sa kicks it straight out? If Saudis will pay big money for him, sell him imo.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His distribution is shocking. A simple long kick to Hwang, on his own on the HW line, and he's in for goal. Sa kicks it straight out? If Saudis will pay big money for him, sell him imo.
Yeah, just anything infront of Hwang would have been fine but instead he launches it straight out of play by some distance. What Chelsea were doing defensively for that incident was just hilarious.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't go for any more then two additions. Both attacking options.

I'd be happy with a GK upgrade if it was possible

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It’s a tough one. Sa makes a fair few errors but there is such a dearth of quality keepers out there that I’m not sure who a realistic upgrade would be. Ramsdale possibly but would be very expensive.

Would love a centre-half with pace. Tosin at Fulham is out of contract in the Summer so may be available at a relatively cheap price.

Striker with pace and a bit of physicality is obviously needed but again really not sure who the realistic options are.

Wide forward would be nice (Jota from Al Ittihad on loan or Jonathan Rowe). And being greedy, a central midfielder.

If we could get all that with Saudi money for Sa, I’d go for it. But only on the proviso that we get a a decent keeper in before he goes.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also kept us in the game today with some great saves
That's what he's paid to do!!!!!! He's also paid to distribute the ball; something he struggles with. He also dropped a simple cross today; again something he does most games. If we could get £25-30 mil for him I reckon we could replace him with better for perhaps £15-20 mil. Win, win!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say I am in this camp. He pulls off a great save then passes to the opposition. Hence why he is a 6m keeper. I would like to go for a keeper who can actually play out from the back . Sunderland have one ? 5m? Young?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bringing in Johnstone for Sa would make us relegation candidates next season IMO.

Sa is so underappreciated IMO, but I do understand why.

Take today, he is coming in for criticism, and some of it is deserved, but, when all is said and done, he has won us the game really by making that first half save against Sterling. That's the turning point in the game, and he stepped up.

Yet, he manages to change the narrative by somehow not kicking to Hwang, and a poor throw out to Cunha.

Personally, I can live with my goalie not starting a counter-attack, or messing up a throw, if he comes up with massive saves, which Sa often does.

He's a good Premier League keeper, and they're hard to find!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would sell Sa for the right price - £30m plus. As long as we have a ready made replacement who does'nt have the nervous energy and concentration span of a jack rabbit. Good goalkeepers exhude a certain calm which they communicate to the whole defence. You can see why at 30 he has only recently been capped by Portugal-against Liechenstein. Great shot stopper however.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
We have to replace any player who goes out. We need experienced back up for Lemina, not to play but to sit on the bench until Lemina is suspended or injured. Jonny needs to go, no other player needs to go. We still have FFP concerns, so the major changes can be done in the summer. Gary, either give Fabio or Sasa a chance or ship them out. Any player going out must be replaced like for like.
But at present only the one player is really needed in my opinion.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need 3 players minimum I think. Absolute must to get a forward in (if indeed Sasa and Fabio are on their way) CB if we carry on playing 3 atb (we need to), also Dawson isnt getting any younger. RB, if Semedo gets injured or a ban we don't have a viable option to come in.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is a massive miss. Can see him being the subject of some huge bids in the Summer.

Will obviously miss Hwang’s goals but a front three of Neto, Cunha and Sarabia is still fine.
We play 2 games in January 1 fa cup other brighton away sure can cope lol

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is a massive miss. Can see him being the subject of some huge bids in the Summer.

Will obviously miss Hwang’s goals but a front three of Neto, Cunha and Sarabia is still fine.
What do you call a huge bid bearing in mind we either have to pay out 10 mill or 50 percent of any profit to his former club?
Then we have to replace him with another left back or weaken the team.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
What do you call a huge bid bearing in mind we either have to pay out 10 mill or 50 percent of any profit to his former club?
Then we have to replace him with another left back or weaken the team.

Think clubs will offer £40m+ for him. Have heard that Pep rates him very highly.

Would hate to lose him but think it’s inevitable he’ll outgrow us in the next 2-3 years. Kid is going to be a star.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think clubs will offer £40m+ for him. Have heard that Pep rates him very highly.

Would hate to lose him but think it’s inevitable he’ll outgrow us in the next 2-3 years. Kid is going to be a star.
Doesn’t 50% go to Angers too? :( Would take a huge fee for us to make money on him 50m we only get 25m from the agreement to lower the fee when we signed him

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A lot of the better teams in the league have problems with depth , options at left back, wing back. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man city....

Back
Top Bottom