Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many of those signed in the last 18-24 months?
Why does that matter? Players are still available for less than £20m.

The important point is that those players hadn’t played in the premier league before they were signed - buying 28 year olds from the premier league with a budget of £7m means you get dross like brownhill. The better option is to look abroad - ideally to the likes of Brazil like with Gomes - much better value for money.

Or even buying from the big six’s reserves like Southampton did with Lavia and Livramento.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Toti Gomes is on a list for potential signings at Real Madrid, I suspect the list might be at least 300 names long.
Pages not names!

Along the lines of the Lisbon phone directory.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said brownhill is better than Traore, and I asked at what.

Last stats I saw (the athletic, I’ll see if I can find it) said that Traore is really high on tackles, interceptions, distance run and dribbles completed.

I’ve never seen brownhill high on anything, but happy to be enlightened on what his strengths are.
Thanks. Getting dropped on you head sucks, lol.

Traore does have a bunch of good skills. His engine is crazy. But his overall sense of the game is so extremely poor that the good skills then become rather meaningless.

The way Traore sees the pitch is similar to us playing FIFA in be a pro cam. He's just not a very smart player and unfortunately that usually is a skill that's not really teachable.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madrid want a cheap player to fill a gap. Then look no further. I reckon Mendes pushing. Maybe Madrid have watched him. Impressions prob made when he broke into the Portuguese national team.

What could we get for him? €15/25m at a push. Thomas Graverson also ended up being a galatico

Never rule these moves out as we are now a selling for profit club and Mendes will know that

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madrid want a cheap player to fill a gap. Then look no further. I reckon Mendes pushing. Maybe Madrid have watched him. Impressions prob made when he broke into the Portuguese national team.

What could we get for him? €15/25m at a push. Thomas Graverson also ended up being a galatico

Never rule these moves out as we are now a selling for profit club and Mendes will know that
Not ruling out a move, but genuinely the guys a fake

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A decent profit this season (various sources suggest that we paid £750k-£1M for him) and Mosquera back from the US? I could see that happening the way that things are now for the club if there is any truth in the rumours.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti at Real isn't impossible at all..
I'm not expecting him to start many CL games, but he'll be a fine squad player. Defensively La Liga would be easier for him in most games. His passing and ball control obviously a weak point, but he'll be fine. He's not as poor with the ball as some think partly because he looks more uncomfortable than he is..

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So potentially Killman is wanted by Chelsea and Toti by Real Madrid.

Surely Gary O'Neil to Man City next ?

In all seriousness though what do you do just keep selling and never progress or build a team and sell the odd one or two. Appreciate FFP but we sold Neves and Nunes and I am not overly impressed with the players we have signed . Bellagarde reasonable in patches . The rest are making the numbers aren't they really?

Not saying both defenders are amazing but who can we sign that would improve the back line . As the next Doyle or Doherty for me is totally pointless. As their level is where we are now or just below imo. Sorry just my opinion.

Last edited:

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks. Getting dropped on you head sucks, lol.

Traore does have a bunch of good skills. His engine is crazy. But his overall sense of the game is so extremely poor that the good skills then become rather meaningless.

The way Traore sees the pitch is similar to us playing FIFA in be a pro cam. He's just not a very smart player and unfortunately that usually is a skill that's not really teachable.
Haha, no worries mate.

He’s physically excellent, but raw - personally I’d rather have him, who has room to develop and progress into a really good player, than someone like brownhill who at 28 has never been, and never will be particularly good.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha, no worries mate.

He’s physically excellent, but raw - personally I’d rather have him, who has room to develop and progress into a really good player, than someone like brownhill who at 28 has never been, and never will be particularly good.
Fair enough.

For me, sense of the sport is the hardest skill to have. By far. And to me, it's almost a skill you can't learn later on.

Tommy Doyle has it, for example. So you need the rest of skills to catch up.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said Benrahma available at West Ham......Another example of players being available due to clubs FFP issues i reckon....i dont think there will be a shortage of players available this January. Permanent or loan......might also be some available at decent prices..
He’d be a decent option as a wide forward.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva would tear the SPL apart if he played for Celtic or Rangers, which could be beneficial for us if he went on loan.
Not a bad striker at all. Just not PL level.
Silva would struggle to tear a wet paper bag apart. Sell to the highest bidder - the more he goes on loan the lower his value becomes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d be a decent option as a wide forward.
Was just using him as an example....all clubs will be looking to off load, loan, permanent... probably like never before with the FFP issue...

Don't think it will be a normal January where most clubs don't wanna lose players...

You might be able to pick up someone decent who would strengthen our squad....

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A wet and frozen trip to Motherwell. Don’t think so……

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably correct but ultimately he's not very good :(
He has the ability but like others we’ve had just not going to show it here with us especially when he’s not playing he’s off 100% (stating the obvious) but we wish him luck

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here in Bulgaria we have only 1/2 up coming player Plamen Andreev who 19 years, 17 app, 13 let in 8 clean sheet good for goalkeeper and defender Hristiyan Petrov 21 centre back, left back and defensive midfield.

No premier league quality now, promising players for cheap cheap price

Petrov at 6ft for a CB is a bit small for a top level CB but good height for a LB.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Petrov at 6ft for a CB is a bit small for a top level CB but good height for a LB.
Radu Dragusin looks quality for Genoa and Romania looks like he has signed a new deal. Let’s give them Fabio as sweetener

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we get rid of both Fabio and Sasa, we really need to bring a new Striker into the squad. I like the look of Durosinmi but, if we can't get him, West Ham and Fulham are both eyeing Akor Adams for £15-20m apparently. We should get ourselves in the running for him too.

Back
Top Bottom