Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have. But an older player with something to prove for competition between now and the end of the season wouldn't be the end of the world.

Just talking on another thread about how Doherty has been a good squad player and it's potentially helped to push others on even more. Ings would want to play and stop Cunha, Hwang and Neto becoming complacent, as well as saving their legs a bit.

If we'd have had Ings on the bench last night, he would have come on. An old, wily, experienced head to help see a game out.
I’d definitely take Ings until the end of the season meaning we can save our money and sign a striker in the summer.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d definitely take Ings until the end of the season meaning we can save our money and sign a striker in the summer.
Agree he has the ability when fit,and thats the problem,will he be fit enough for our high tempo press?
He would have got on the end of a few chances last night mind

Reaction score
I don't see us having Ings (does not fit the profile of signing the club is now looking to make) and, if we did, we certainly won't be paying his full wages.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa got rid of Ings because he couldn't play a full game according to my Villa supporting mate.
Can't say that would bother me much. I couldn't ever see him starting for us anyway. We're looking for an option off the bench in reality as we're not going to be bringing in anyone who will shift Hwang, Cunha or Neto.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Ings is GONs top target for a 9. I think with everything we’ve accomplished this season so far, he deserves his own signing and if it fails, it’s on him.
And beggars can't be choosers can they.....granted he won't last a full game but I think as a bench option and a bit of cover for hwang will be fine..... especially if he is what the manager wants...

Reset the finances and go again in the summer for someone more long-term....

dnf14

Reaction score
Can't say that would bother me much. I couldn't ever see him starting for us anyway. We're looking for an option off the bench in reality as we're not going to be bringing in anyone who will shift Hwang, Cunha or Neto.
The issue with that is why Ings would ever agree to come here to be an option off the bench when that's the exact role he currently has... on West Ham's bench.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"It was important for the club that we shifted wages before we were able to do something, so now if something comes up that can fit what we can do financially, we're in a place to push the button and do it.

"Whereas, if we'd waited, we'd then have had to try and shift people before we could do it.

"So we're in a spot now where we can do something and lets see what happens over the next few days. I'm confident we'll get something done.

"I would expect it to be a loan. We don't want to be adding too much to the net spend at this moment in time."

I think we may see something happen coinciding with jonny off to paok

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really not sure on Phillips.

Feel he got the credit for being the key man for Leeds when I put their success down to Bielsa. Obviously not done anything for 18 months now as well.

Seems a player who has got himself this great reputation but I don't see it. Wouldn't have him ahead of Gomes or Lemina.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think you can get 6 to 8m for podence, probably a little more for sasa if he has a good run at frankfurt

silva max 6 to 10m

guedes again depends on villareal

but id hope to see 30m total or more
Hasnt Podence got just one year left on his contract at the end of this season (having extended by a season istr, when he went out on loan)? Will have an affect on his value.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa got rid of Ings because he couldn't play a full game according to my Villa supporting mate.
But if we can use him for 60 minutes or off the bench then we have others to come in - Hwang could replace him or start and be replaced with Neto and Cunha either side.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still want a long term mitrovic replacement and raul isnt that. Hes 33 this year.

Kudus back from afcon early, phillisp to west ham and other links, it screams ings will be available this weekend
If it is Ings the WHU are really going to have to offer an attractive deal re loan fee and wages subsidy as I doubt we are going to pay anywhere near (rumoured) £125k per week.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is Ings the WHU are really going to have to offer an attractive deal re loan fee and wages subsidy as I doubt we are going to pay anywhere near (rumoured) £125k per week.
125k a week over 5 months is equivalent to c60k a year salary, only suggesting that if we were looking at just 5 month deal or till june july whatever

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still want a long term mitrovic replacement and raul isnt that. Hes 33 this year.

Kudus back from afcon early, phillisp to west ham and other links, it screams ings will be available this weekend
Why will Ings be available? Isn’t he West Ham’s main backup to Antonio? Struggle to see that happening unless they sign a striker themselves.

Same with Che Adams. He could be the difference between automatic promotion and playoffs for Southampton. I can’t see them entertaining bids, £5-6m is nothing compared to the riches of the Premier League.

Broja obligation would be awful coming back from an ACL. We can’t afford to commit our summer budget on a striker that may end up with a repeat occurrence like Sasa.

I bet we end up with somebody out of left field.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why will Ings be available? Isn’t he West Ham’s main backup to Antonio? Struggle to see that happening unless they sign a striker themselves.

Same with Che Adams. He could be the difference between automatic promotion and playoffs for Southampton. I can’t see them entertaining bids, £5-6m is nothing compared to the riches of the Premier League.

Broja obligation would be awful coming back from an ACL. We can’t afford to commit our summer budget on a striker that may end up with a repeat occurrence like Sasa.

I bet we end up with somebody out of left field.
From the West Ham side, wages, he's their 2nd highest earner and they've just committed to paying Phillips wages which aren't short. They're only playing Ings as Kudus is away and now he's back Ings is likely back to the bench, they can't really justify an expensive bench warmer.

Reaction score
From the West Ham side, wages, he's their 2nd highest earner and they've just committed to paying Phillips wages which aren't short. They're only playing Ings as Kudus is away and now he's back Ings is likely back to the bench, they can't really justify an expensive bench warmer.
And neither can we (unless West Ham significantly subsidise his wages).

We had Sasa warming the bench and he is on a lot less than Ings - all we'll be doing is swapping him for a more expensive sub

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On jonny looks like we have had to release him from contract to allow him to sign for paok.

Did we have some sort of break clause in contracts based on behaviour, i know for example i do in mine i could be dismissed for certain behaviours

Let's put them in a row. Jonny Castro Otto was PAOK's No. 1 target. Discussions last over 10 days. PAOK pushed in the last hours, and so did the player, with Wolves saying "yes" to the release, otherwise... they would have to bring the Spaniard back to training from tomorrow and the contract would be activated for the next 18 months . PAOK's initial agreement with Jonny Castro Otto is for a 2.5-year contract (2/2)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t feeling particularly enthused about Ings, but watching us last night he really wouldn’t have been a terrible option to have in truth.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t feeling particularly enthused about Ings, but watching us last night he really wouldn’t have been a terrible option to have in truth.
Does he have the speed to keep up with our counter attacking play?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh true. I wouldn’t mind Ings to be fair. Proven goalscorer that could add something from the bench, and gives us a bit of depth until the summer when we can find a more permanent solution to our striker problem.

The wages are disgusting, but £120k/week for 6 months is what, £3m? Not massively over some of our top earners (isn’t Sarabia on £100k?).

Not the worst for a short-term investment, he might chip in with a few and keep our outside hope of top 8 alive. Far worse choices out there.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If West Ham are willing to let ings go I’d of thought they’d want a sale or loan with obligation??

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh true. I wouldn’t mind Ings to be fair. Proven goalscorer that could add something from the bench, and gives us a bit of depth until the summer when we can find a more permanent solution to our striker problem.

The wages are disgusting, but £120k/week for 6 months is what, £3m? Not massively over some of our top earners (isn’t Sarabia on £100k?).

Not the worst for a short-term investment, he might chip in with a few and keep our outside hope of top 8 alive. Far worse choices out there.
I'll be honest enough to say he's been absolutely dog awful for West Ham, generally up there for one of the worst purchases in their history, and I don't think a game at a side that'll be mid-table at best in the Championship should sway opinion.

However, if it is who GON wants, then he's earned that right, so it'll be what it'll be.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really not sure on Phillips.

Feel he got the credit for being the key man for Leeds when I put their success down to Bielsa. Obviously not done anything for 18 months now as well.

Seems a player who has got himself this great reputation but I don't see it. Wouldn't have him ahead of Gomes or Lemina.
Never got the love-in for him or this "Yorkshire Pirlo" rubbish. Vastly overrated and injury prone IMHO.

But, countering my opinion is of course the fact that Pep liked and wanted him so what do I know :oops: .
I'd take Doyle over Phillips any day of the week.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never got the love-in for him or this "Yorkshire Pirlo" rubbish. Vastly overrated and injury prone IMHO.

But, countering my opinion is of course the fact that Pep liked and wanted him so what do I know :oops: .
I'd take Doyle over Phillips any day of the week.
Pep liked and wanted Nunes and was happy to let Doyle join us for 5m

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be honest enough to say he's been absolutely dog awful for West Ham, generally up there for one of the worst purchases in their history, and I don't think a game at a side that'll be mid-table at best in the Championship should sway opinion.

However, if it is who GON wants, then he's earned that right, so it'll be what it'll be.
I think hes only scored 2 goals for them in 26 appearances,although a lot have been as sub
Then again hes only really had one good season with Southampton scoring 22 4 years ago,rest of his career hes averaged around 10 a season
All that said i really wouldnt mind him here for a few months as he is a good player when fit

Back
Top Bottom