Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ivan Toney (oh dear!)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing he’s been betting on his mates teams in the lower divisions to make few quid

If it’s in his own league should already be banned??

Surely he doesn’t need the money that badly

Tip of the iceberg I think more dodgy people are involved when it comes to corruption and betting they lure players in with big amounts in cash from the lower leagues….

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like the ban is coming soon as he has accepted that he broke the rules and admitted many of the offences ahead of his hearing. Wonder how long he could potentially get?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the ban is coming soon as he has accepted that he broke the rules and admitted many of the offences ahead of his hearing. Wonder how long he could potentially get?
He’ll miss the rest of the season if the FA ever get round to acting on this and most of the ban will probably be in the summer where there are obviously no games. He will do all sorts of work for gambling addiction charities, pay a hefty fine and probably miss the first few games of next season.

What I don’t understand is how it’s taken so long when he has effectively admitted guilt from day one.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His ban will be a number of months, not matches.

When the FA get round to banning him, his season will be over, as well as some of next season imo.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are summer breaks included in the banning time or it only relates to time during the season?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are summer breaks included in the banning time or it only relates to time during the season?
I believe it is total ban, including pre-season so yes it will be included if it is like the “undisclosed” first time recreational drugs test fail.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we've got a persecution complex about Brentford now?

Thought it was just Liverpool fans who were victims
He scored goals that were match winners during the time the world has known about the charges.

The fact he has plead guilty shows the delay and him being able to play and influence game by playing is a total farce.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous if it does. Any ban should start at the start of next season.
He’s English and would have been an England international. Also Brentford, whilst playing fantastically this season, aren’t far off being a 1 man team attacking wise. The FA don’t really want a ban to effect their PL status so now they’re safe he will get a reasonable size ban in terms of months but, as you say, he won’t miss as many matches as he should.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I presume he didn’t have to admit his guilt till now (probably trying to find ways of getting out of any punishment) as the charges were set some time ago.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't admitted all the charges afaik, so that probably accounts for the hold up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll miss the rest of the season if the FA ever get round to acting on this and most of the ban will probably be in the summer where there are obviously no games. He will do all sorts of work for gambling addiction charities, pay a hefty fine and probably miss the first few games of next season.

What I don’t understand is how it’s taken so long when he has effectively admitted guilt from day one.

Agree. Why is this taking so long? Surely he now shoudlnt be available to play this weekend and the FA act swiftly but of course they wont.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
His ban will be a number of months, not matches.

When the FA get round to banning him, his season will be over, as well as some of next season imo.
Didn’t Barton get a 13 months ban but he admitted around 1200 offences?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Agree. Why is this taking so long? Surely he now shoudlnt be available to play this weekend and the FA act swiftly but of course they wont.
It always makes me smile when they can charge a club/player for something that happened on the pitch 6months or even longer ago .I appreciate in some cases there has be evidence gathering but in many cases where the incident is black and white they still take an eternity.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the ban is not significant, then it will fail to be a deterrent. A year+ ban, fine, and the club docking his wages while banned, is meaningful.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the ban is not significant, then it will fail to be a deterrent. A year+ ban, fine, and the club docking his wages while banned, is meaningful.
Sadly I’m not expecting a year. At the very most, and this is being very kind on expectations of the FA, he will be unavailable until January 1st 2024. That’s probably enough of a deterrent in fairness, but it’s still not enough with retrospective and lesser cases.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I’m not expecting a year. At the very most, and this is being very kind on expectations of the FA, he will be unavailable until January 1st 2024. That’s probably enough of a deterrent in fairness, but it’s still not enough with retrospective and lesser cases.

Oh I don’t disagree. I was saying what magnitude of punishment it would take to act as a deterrent, not what I actually think the authorities will apply. I’m actually worried it will be something like a fine and 12 months ban suspended - ie no actual ban unless he does it again. That’s a deterrent to him repeat offending, but no deterrent to any other footballers. It’s the kind of punishment that I’d imagine his lawyers and club would be pushing for.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I once went to an appeals disciplinary hearing for a non league player but because it was a senior league it was dealt with at Lancaster Gate (where they used to be located) as opposed to at a local level.
As the players left the field one player was hit in the face by an opponent which caused a big melee which continued in the tunnel .My 2 AR’s and myself witnessed everything.
We submitted our reports but the original protagonist appealed .On the panel,aswell as full time time officials they had 2 County Association delegates who seemed about 80.The usuusal questions were asked but when it came to those two they wanted to know how far we were away ,how strong were the floodlights,how strong was the first strike and then how strong were the others and why didn’t we get amongst them to break it up ?
I said they were punches and not pushes,the lights were excellent and ,we were no more than 10 yards away and the instruction is to stand watch and observe what goes on .It should have been an open and shut case but they ended up with calling for a report on the lights and it took weeks to determine the outcome and in the end those reported ended up being banned anyway .
I realise it isn’t the same but just another example of the time the FA takes to make a determination on decisions.

Last edited:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Plus a very heavy fine

Reactions: Ned

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picked up 13 points in the 7 games he's played since the charges were announced.

What do you expect them to do though? you can't pre-ban a player until you've decided how guilty he is (if at all).

Naturally Brentford are going to try and delay things as much as possible to ensure they are safe before he gets banned too, nothing Wolves wouldn't have done.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It always makes me smile when they can charge a club/player for something that happened on the pitch 6months or even longer ago .I appreciate in some cases there has be evidence gathering but in many cases where the incident is black and white they still take an eternity.
In the real world you would be suspended on full pay till the case could be heard

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe it is total ban, including pre-season so yes it will be included if it is like the “undisclosed” first time recreational drugs test fail.
And the weeks once this season finishes before pre-season?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like any any ban wont start until sometime in April from what I just heard on Sky Sports News.

Back
Top Bottom