Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Its our club

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may not become fans but they might spend money on esports, music or fashion. Over the years we’ve all bought LPs we liked but probably never bother to go see that band.
I‘m 5,000 miles away but Wolves get some the tv money I pay DAZN. Same with the USA where ESPN+ has the rights for the PL. and they have ten times our population.
Are you likely to see any significant increase when it moves to Fubo next season?

Nige

Reaction score

Nige

Reaction score
Read pretty much any news story about Wolves in the past year. It's common knowledge. It's in the accounts.
Every body who has a mortgage or Credit card has Debt.. As long as its manageable its OK.. It doesn't mean you stop investing elsewhere..

Nige

Reaction score
Personally I like Fosuns approach they’re not trying to reinvent the wheel but they are trying to redesign it. While people will mock esports, record labels and fashion brands they’re all linked leisure pursuits. As a kid of the late 80s I remember the hip hop movement and going to school and everyone wearing “Raiders” gear because NWA did, now raiders were and are a similar level club to wolves in their sport. Flash forward another 10 years and the Oasis movement and starting drinking in pubs seeing loads of lads I know weren’t into football wearing City shirts because the Gallaghers did.

The Jordan sportswear range is a big thing now, see loads of kids knocking round in PSG shirts as it has a Jordan logo on it.

Anything that raises the profile of the club is only beneficial long term.

As a 43 year old I have no understanding or interest in esports but my lad is 13 and frothing at the mouth about wolves involvement more than he was when we played in a Europa QF
Yea its great... Especially if we get Relegated... Think......There's a reason other clubs aren't doing it.. Man City spent a billion pound winning the PL..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yea its great... Especially if we get Relegated... Think......There's a reason other clubs aren't doing it.. Man City spent a billion pound winning the PL..
They did, a big chunk of that before FFP which is why the existing big boys wanted that. We can't do that now even if Fosun wanted to.

Oh and Everton for one did really well hahaha with a plan that seems to be exactly what you want us to do.

Since FFP name one team outside of the usual suspects that has consistently finished top six .

D

Deleted member (smith)

So basically instead of allowing the club to have a healthy manageable debt which is peanuts in Premier league football terms they have paid that off and not invested elsewhere.. Players ground etc.. sorry i'm not fooled by that..

there is no basically ….it’s a simple transaction and has nothing to do with not allowing manageable third party debt….Fosun advanced/ loaned Wolves approximately 150 million pounds which was spent on players . This debt precluded the club borrowing any more from other sources ( banks won’t lend to company’s who could use the money to payoff debt to shareholders). In addition there was no reasonable way wolves could pay back the debt or pay interest on it which would increase losses. So they wrote off the debt…in accounting terms the liability was transferred to equity to enhance the quality of the balance sheet.

in other words the purpose of the transaction is the exact opposite of what you state…it is in fact designed to allow the club to take third party debt and invest where necessary. Note the debt has not been paid off…it has been capitalized..

It is clear you are not an accountant and have very little understanding of financial statements.

(There is also no evidence to suggest Fosun are taking money out of the club….such statements (by other Posters) are libellous and dangerous. I am surprised the moderators allow such statements and yet seem scandalized by bad language and illegal streams)

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least it we get relegated we have the option of switching to eSports as opposed to watching Hwang get bullied by Richard Keogh

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much did they spend before they won anything and how long did it take?

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point is City don’t need to be creative with income, they’re there now because their initial investment was before FFP tightened and they have a benefactor ownership. Rightly or wrongly we’re owned by an investment company so they want it to be self sufficient so we need to be creative with how we build income. I don’t understand all the hate at all by them trying to do something different, if that was the case in life we’d all still be sat in a cave huddled round a fire and eating berries.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Fosun have not lost £100m, by way of writing off a loan.

The investment has the same realisable worth to the shareholders before and after the transaction

One thing to point out, as an investor diversifying into various areas, why would you take profits from a profitable area (say hypothetically it was esports) and put it into a less profitable area (say football)?

If your intention is to max profit and wealth, it would make more sense to reinvest in the esports business.
My point is City don’t need to be creative with income, they’re there now because their initial investment was before FFP tightened and they have a benefactor ownership. Rightly or wrongly we’re owned by an investment company so they want it to be self sufficient so we need to be creative with how we build income. I don’t understand all the hate at all by them trying to do something different, if that was the case in life we’d all still be sat in a cave huddled round a fire and eating berries.

But that investment company could invest money and increase the risk dial and still be within FFP limits.

They are choosing not to but increase ticket prices.

If an investment company isn’t investing money What do investment companies do.

They make money.

For me this seems to be their priority.

Some fans seem happy with this.

Don’t forget 4th place was an option in Jan and they chose not to push.

Started this article to gauge opinion.

General mm feeling seems to be grateful to be in premier league.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
But that investment company could invest money and increase the risk dial and still be within FFP limits.

They make money.

Ps. Nothing wrong with being creative to generate income but for me an investment carries risk. So invest money in your team.

This is trying to make money with the most minimal of risk.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They make money.

Show me where they’ve made money from wolves so far?

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Show me where they’ve made money from wolves so far?

The less you spend the more you make.

Year on Year

Or Sale / IPO

I believe their main aim is profit value rather than invest, win and increase profit.

Basically a risk free investment.

Everything they do is maximising value not improving the team.

One example. If the team was important tempt Neves with a bumper deal. But they won’t break wage structure.

You don’t have to take money out of a club immediately to cream profits.

Final point.

Purchased for 30m

Valuation today. 250/300m?

There is a 70m surplus within FFP

It’s called protecting your asset and future value.

Not making a football team better.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Year on Year

Or Sale / IPO

I believe their main aim is profit value rather than invest, win and increase profit.

One example. If the team was important tempt Neves with a bumper deal. But they won’t break wage structure.

Final point.

Purchased for 30m

So no, they haven’t made any money from wolves. All the rest is hypothetical.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just not true. I run a business and in my case, the above does not hold true. Quite the opposite, in fact.
They pumped an awful lot of money into the team when we were in the Championship. There was no guarantee of promotion. That was a risk, and a big one. I seem to remember Derby spending a fair amount year on year and never making it out. Now look at them.
I concur in that their attempts to improve the team over the last few windows have been largely unsuccessful. It follows that in doing so, they haven't maximised the club's value either. Would not one go in hand with the other?

Maybe they won't break the wage structure precisely because that team is important. By which I mean the team, and not a collection of individuals who happen to be on the pitch at the same time.
They've been here for five years. Exactly what might they be waiting for? Genuine question.

Final point.

Purchased for 30m

Moot.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Just not true. I run a business and in my case, the above does not hold true. Quite the opposite, in fact.

They pumped an awful lot of money into the team when we were in the Championship. There was no guarantee of promotion. That was a risk, and a big one. I seem to remember Derby spending a fair amount year on year and never making it out. Now look at them.

I concur in that their attempts to improve the team over the last few windows have been largely unsuccessful. It follows that in doing so, they haven't maximised the club's value either. Would not one go in hand with the other?

Maybe they won't break the wage structure precisely because that team is important. By which I mean the team, and not a collection of individuals who happen to be on the pitch at the same time.

They've been here for five years. Exactly what might they be waiting for? Genuine question.

Moot.

What has been the net transfer spend on the last 3/4 windows?

Has that justified another hike in ST prices?

My season ticket is £785.

What do you pay for yours? How would you justify the price increase? ( please don’t say inflation)

I do agree with some of your points when relating to a traditional business.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score

Moot.

If there is a base set income then yes your profit or loss of a dependent on costs and expenses.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What has been the net transfer spend on the last 3/4 windows?

Has that justified another hike in ST prices?

My season ticket is £785.

What do you pay for yours? How would you justify the price increase? ( please don’t say inflation)

I do agree with some of your points when relating to a traditional business.
I think its been discussed several times that we are mid priced in the league for ST pricing,which is exactly where we are as a club
I dont dispute that some are finding it hard in the current financial climate to justify buying them,or that the transfer windows have been underwhelming recently,but as far as value is concerned they are not over priced in comparison to most clubs
Of course its a personal decision whether to renew or not,just as its the clubs decision to increase or not,we may not like it but we all have a choice really

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the realist, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
To the realist, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
To the drinker there is no such thing as the realist view.... lol

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think? The clue is in my user name.
I'm guessing it is not a real question, rather a rhetorical way of determining who can have a legitimate opinion counter to his own. But I may be wrong, he may genuinely not know where places like Vancouver and Japan actually are, or simply underestimate the travel difficulties?

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm guessing it is not a real question, rather a rhetorical way of determining who can have a legitimate opinion counter to his own. But I may be wrong, he may genuinely not know where places like Vancouver and Japan actually are, or simply underestimate the travel difficulties?

No. Just seeing different points of view especially when it doesn’t affect them.

Some people who pay thousands over years to watch Wolves might have a different view point that’s all.

Why are people moaning about petrol, food prices etc and inflation - maybe because it affects them.

How about Japan and Vancouver send £785 to the club as “fans” to help club becom self sustaining?

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
I think its been discussed several times that we are mid priced in the league for ST pricing,which is exactly where we are as a club
I dont dispute that some are finding it hard in the current financial climate to justify buying them,or that the transfer windows have been underwhelming recently,but as far as value is concerned they are not over priced in comparison to most clubs
Of course its a personal decision whether to renew or not,just as its the clubs decision to increase or not,we may not like it but we all have a choice really
Yes. I just don’t put Wolves in this bracket.

The bigger question for me is what’s the point of football now?

Hence my question on ST.

But I’m getting pellets for asking.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh dear, I suspected as much.
It would appear I have been disenfranchised.
How cruel and capricious life can be.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No. Just seeing different points of view especially when it doesn’t affect them.

Some people who pay thousands over years to watch Wolves might have a different view point that’s all.

Why are people moaning about petrol, food prices etc and inflation - maybe because it affects them.

How about Japan and Vancouver send £785 to the club as “fans” to help club becom self sustaining?
How about you minding your own ****ing business and not telling me how to spend my money.
I wouldn't presume to tell you how to spend yours.
Nobody asked you to support Wolves . Nobody asked to go. Nobody asked you to fork out 785 quid. It's on you and no one else.
Own your own decisions and stop the whinging and whining.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Ignore him. He’s a WUM.

Asking if Fosun are investing enough money and focusing on the first team and winning trophies then yes i am a WUM.

I fear the focus is elsewhere and making moeny.

That is all I have questioned.

People can disagree.

No problem but I will challenge and back my own thoughts.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
How about you minding your own ****ing business and not telling me how to spend my money.
I wouldn't presume to tell you how to spend yours.
Nobody asked you to support Wolves . Nobody asked to go. Nobody asked you to fork out 785 quid. It's on you and no one else.
Own your own decisions and stop the whinging and whining.

You answer a question based on Fosun's business plan from a ST holder who pays money so yes I will challenge but will rephrase.

Do you pay to watch Wolves games in TV? Or do you stream?

Would you pay £785 for a TV season ticket to watch every home game?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Finally you have come clean and addmited what has been behind the endless nonsense "questions" you have subjected us to over the past week. We can now judge you for what you are. Why didn't you save us the trouble. You really have just one point and you have now made it in a way that is at least honest. Can we be spared the repetition of it?

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You answer a question based on Fosun's business plan from a ST holder who pays money so yes I will challenge but will rephrase.

Do you pay to watch Wolves games in TV? Or do you stream?

Would you pay £785 for a TV season ticket to watch every home game?
Challenge but rephrase?
What the **** is that supposed to mean except for, "I realise I was being a dick so now I'll backtrack".
Let's go back to post 101. I made comments regarding six salient points. Your response was a vague 'I do agree with some of your points when relating to a traditional business.'
Oh really? Which points? Did you offer a rebuttal to any of the other points? No, you didn't, from which I conclude you don't have any.
Then in post 104 you follow up with an unintelligible comment. I pointed this out. You could have clarified what you meant but instead chose to ask me how much I paid for my season ticket when you must surely have known that I didn't have one.
That says a lot more about you than me.
However, since you are interested, I wouldn't pay 785 pounds for a TV season ticket for the simple reason that half of the games take place well after Japan Wulf's bedtime. There's the honest truth.
I would, however, be fully amenable to paying on a match to match basis, as I did during the Championship season when such a service was on offer.
As a parting shot, I would commend you for your support. 785 pounds is a considerable amount. Good for you. But it entitles you to nothing more than a seat at the Molineux for a specified number of matches. Oh, and the right to complain - a right which you exercise to the full.
Like I said, good for you.

Back
Top Bottom