Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Its our club

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do you not think £30 million was a tad cheap to buy our club. Written off 100 million lol

30 million was the price the club was available for. Plus the money they pumped in immedtately to achieve promotion. But even by your own logic, if you acknowledge the 30 million you also have to acknowledge the 130 million write-off. Fans need to stop picking and choosing which bits of Fosun's era they want to call out.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im grateful we have had real success in the last five years and i really enjoyed the first three seasons. But watching jeff shi today was awful. He may want esports, fashion and records and thousands of “fans” that love the brand but i worry that any money generated will not come near the football club.

He consigned me and the other 199,999 legacy fans to the dustbin. He even didnt rate the almost 150 year history. But its not his club its ours. He is only todays custodian. I feel conflicted. Is mid table premier league that much better than mid table championship? The football we saw over the last two seasons wasnt great. So do i want shi out? Not yet but i am sure of one thing. I support a football club not a fashion brand. Its our club and the football matters. He had better remember that or he will regret it one day
“He consigned me and the other 199,999 legacy fans to the dustbin.”

I‘m sorry to be so blunt but your statement is , well,……. really too much……waaaaaay over the top.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's our club that many bemoan paying an extra few quid a season for whilst demanding Fosun put in millions at their own risk.

Look, as fans it is our club in our hearts but Fosun have done plenty for us, let's not forget.
That’s part of where a lot of the unfair criticism and negativity comes from…..
Lots and lots of forgetting. And maybe ingratitude.

Fosun and Guo have laid down the rules to Jeff. Wolves have got to be self sustaining and if you can’t do that Jeff, they got other guys to do the job.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
30 million was the price the club was available for. Plus the money they pumped in immedtately to achieve promotion. But even by your own logic, if you acknowledge the 30 million you also have to acknowledge the 130 million write-off. Fans need to stop picking and choosing which bits of Fosun's era they want to call out.
The club would never have been made available for 30 mil, if assurances hadnt been made that X amount would be spent on the club wether that be 100 mil or 130 mil.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like we"ve invited strangers into our house & they've walked dog**** on the carpets.
Congratulations, you have posted the biggest load of *******s l have ever seen on the Mix.

We've gone from a struggling Chump team to a top 10 PL team. How in God's name is that "walking dog**** on our carpet"?

Edited to add:
Who the hell is this "we"? I don't recall you ever owning any part of Wolves....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

The club would never have been made available for 30 mil, if assurances hadnt been made that X amount would be spent on the club wether that be 100 mil or 130 mil.
Yes, but when they actually paid the money they could have just not bothered. Who was going to tell them any different. Fosun have put a lot of money in to get us on the road to being in the PL. They have kept us up there, and want to take us further forward.
You'd have thought they'd put nothing in and killed the cat!
Not only did they pay the staff over the whole of covid, they got 100k worth of PPE for New Cross, helped raise money for the Wolves foundation amongst other things. As a company they care about the local area.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Congratulations, you have posted the biggest load of *******s l have ever seen on the Mix.

We've gone from a struggling Chump team to a top 10 PL team. How in God's name is that "walking dig**** on our carpet"?

Are you demented, high or just thick as a brick?

Edited to add:
How the hell is this "we"? I don't recall you ever owning any part of Wolves....
Assume your excluding your own posts in your assessment and to describe a fan of 40 years as demented, high or thick as a brick says more about you than him, any need to adopt such extreme language chasing "likes"?

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

We've gone from a struggling Chump team to a top 10 PL team. How in God's name is that "walking dig**** on our carpet"?

….

Edited to add:
How the hell is this "we"? I don't recall you ever owning any part of Wolves....

That's a great response questioning someones mental state. Hope you are as welcoming when our new fans start to post their responses on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assume your excluding your own posts in your assessment and to describe a fan of 40 years as demented, high or thick as a brick says more about you than him, any need to adopt such extreme language chasing "likes"?
As a fan of almost 60 years myself (and l know that you have been for even longer) l respect loyalty particularly given some of the times the club had during that period. My language was extreme, l fully concede, but it was no more extreme than the utter crap l replied to (which, perhaps because it accords with your own views, l note that you didn't similarly challenge). I respect your right to express your own views.

I use this forum to express my views - some of which are unpopular - was l merely seeking "likes" l would hardly be doing that.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a great response questioning someones mental state. Hope you are as welcoming when our new fans start to post their responses on the forum.
Actually you raise a very valid point there which l respect. I will amend my post accordingly.

Edited to add: l was beaten to it - l assume by the mods.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually you raise a very valid point there which l respect. I will amend my post accordingly.

Edited to add: l was beaten to it - l assume by the mods.
You should have had a notification - telling you for the umpteenth time not to post insults. Post without them or don’t post.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We've gone from a struggling Chump team to a top 10 PL team. How in God's name is that "walking dog**** on our carpet"?

Edited to add:
Thought it was a decent, humurous analogy myself, sorry @HowfenWolf but I'm gonna use it some time in the future

Nige

Reaction score
Fosun have written off over one hundred million in money Wolves owed to them. They give us no reason to suspect they're trying to siphon money out.
???? wheres the accounts for that

Nige

Reaction score
Yes, but when they actually paid the money they could have just not bothered. Who was going to tell them any different. Fosun have put a lot of money in to get us on the road to being in the PL. They have kept us up there, and want to take us further forward.
You'd have thought they'd put nothing in and killed the cat!
Not only did they pay the staff over the whole of covid, they got 100k worth of PPE for New Cross, helped raise money for the Wolves foundation amongst other things. As a company they care about the local area.
But like all clubs they were able to write off millions of pounds under the PL rules on COVID . Exactly what Everton did to extreme and are being asked to explain why so much..

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with that Sir Jack ultimately undid all the good work he did with that, Dave Jones got about 3 million quid to spend I appreciate that times are different in terms of Premier League income but the club recieved a lot of money from promotion and Sir Jack took most of it and also the Parachute payments.... he made as much if not more out of Wolves than what he put in by that promotion.

I think when they did the accounts we did actually spend a lot, but had underestimated the cost of doing business in the top league...plus all those promotion bonuses that had to be paid on top of elevated wages and agents starting to sniff around a desperate new club with a weak team.
What SJH actually said was "I'll match the Sky money" which was around 10 million at the time. He did almost do that, but what we actually needed was about 3 times that much.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think our football people - Lage and Sellers - are working under constraints.
Yup. Just as pretty much every club is. Man Utd can't compete with Man City these days. Liverpool are doing their best to keep up with City but that bubble will soon burst as their team ages and they need new blood.

Everton are going to be under pressure this close season. The newly promoted clubs have to decide whether to gamble on staying up or bank most of the money a la Norwich. Arsenal / Spurs / Chelsea have constraints and so it goes on.

Some folks on here seem to be under the impression that you waive the check book around and a) the selling club caves in b) the player wants to come to Wolves. They also seem to be under the impression that there's a stack of players out there who are better than what we have and that we can buy them all.

Yes, Lage and Sellers are working under constraints. So what?

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought it was a decent, humurous analogy myself, sorry @HowfenWolf but I'm gonna use it some time in the future
I think the analogy would work if it was clear the strangers were the ones that bought your carpet in the first place. And paid for fitting. And decent underlay. And will probably pay for the dog **** to be cleaned off the carpet (although probably by Scott Sellars with a Vax).

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup. Just as pretty much every club is. Man Utd can't compete with Man City these days. Liverpool are doing their best to keep up with City but that bubble will soon burst as their team ages and they need new blood.

Everton are going to be under pressure this close season. The newly promoted clubs have to decide whether to gamble on staying up or bank most of the money a la Norwich. Arsenal / Spurs / Chelsea have constraints and so it goes on.

Some folks on here seem to be under the impression that you waive the check book around and a) the selling club caves in b) the player wants to come to Wolves. They also seem to be under the impression that there's a stack of players out there who are better than what we have and that we can buy them all.

Yes, Lage and Sellers are working under constraints. So what?
I didn't mean financial constraints. Obviously every club has a limited amount of money to play with. I mean Lage is being told who needs to play and our recruitment team being told where to go look for players.

How did Hwang keep making appearances at the end of the season despite being out of form and lacking in confidence, and why does our recruitment team keep bringing back duds from Asia?

I know, not a lot of evidence there. But when does that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

fleck1

Reaction score
Whether we like it or not football is now a business and clubs are global brands, its not about the 30k+ sat in the grounds on a Saturday afternoon. When there are millions around the world sat in Asia, south America etc, you either jump on board or get left behind. Though we are already a long way behind after years of bobbing around the middle of the championship. Football has long since sold its soul for TV and advertising money, so if you want to reap the rewards of the big money and bright lights of the Premier league its all part and parcel of the game. Long gone are the days of the rich local businessman pouring money down the drain for his love of the club. It doesn't matter if you support us, Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton whoever you aren't actually that important, as you are already hooked on the club/brand, you were there in championship and league one and you'll be there next season.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't mean financial constraints. Obviously every club has a limited amount of money to play with. I mean Lage is being told who needs to play and our recruitment team being told where to go look for players.

How did Hwang keep making appearances at the end of the season despite being out of form and lacking in confidence, and why does our recruitment team keep bringing back duds from Asia?

I know, not a lot of evidence there. But when does that get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Probably because Lage sees the players in training and sees how much effort they put in and who, in his opinion, is performing better than others. Then he has to decide his tactics for who we are playing and who should play to do what he wants. I'd suggest that given we were 8th from October to the last game of the season, Lage kind of knows what he wants and what he is doing.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its not our club. Legally its Fosun, before that Steve Morgan ,and before that SJH
But we are important .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I like Fosuns approach they’re not trying to reinvent the wheel but they are trying to redesign it. While people will mock esports, record labels and fashion brands they’re all linked leisure pursuits. As a kid of the late 80s I remember the hip hop movement and going to school and everyone wearing “Raiders” gear because NWA did, now raiders were and are a similar level club to wolves in their sport. Flash forward another 10 years and the Oasis movement and starting drinking in pubs seeing loads of lads I know weren’t into football wearing City shirts because the Gallaghers did.

The Jordan sportswear range is a big thing now, see loads of kids knocking round in PSG shirts as it has a Jordan logo on it.

Anything that raises the profile of the club is only beneficial long term.

As a 43 year old I have no understanding or interest in esports but my lad is 13 and frothing at the mouth about wolves involvement more than he was when we played in a Europa QF

fleck1

Reaction score
Personally I like Fosuns approach they’re not trying to reinvent the wheel but they are trying to redesign it. While people will mock esports, record labels and fashion brands they’re all linked leisure pursuits. As a kid of the late 80s I remember the hip hop movement and going to school and everyone wearing “Raiders” gear because NWA did, now raiders were and are a similar level club to wolves in their sport. Flash forward another 10 years and the Oasis movement and starting drinking in pubs seeing loads of lads I know weren’t into football wearing City shirts because the Gallaghers did.

The Jordan sportswear range is a big thing now, see loads of kids knocking round in PSG shirts as it has a Jordan logo on it.

As a 43 year old I have no understanding or interest in esports but my lad is 13 and frothing at the mouth about wolves involvement more than he was when we played in a Europa QF
Unfortunately you will never get some to listen, they will be forever convinced esports is distracting Bruno from training and the Neves money will be spent on that.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some of our fans live in cookooland honestly. The whole of football has been jerryrigged to favour the top teams in every country. The only way anyone is getting round this is salary caps (which won’t happen as they don’t want parity) or someone taking the authorities to court over FFP. In the meantime what do u want fosun to do? Can’t spent a billion even if they wanted to because of ffp..unless they grow the club and gain more profit through diverse revenue streams, which is what they are attempting to do.

Don’t like it? Cool, let’s have owners like Albion or blues or any other also ran in the lower leagues

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yep, my son and his friends were all going crazy for the wolves kit fortnite skin. He’s never asked me to buy a shirt but wanted one of these.

Esports are huge, so much money in this. I dare say more kids play fifa than actual football down the park.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst we all (maybe) like massive spending, we all need to take a step back and remember where we were. Or keep on criticising Fosun and Jeff, and drive them out. Let’s wait until transfer window closes before kicking off

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, my son and his friends were all going crazy for the wolves kit fortnite skin. He’s never asked me to buy a shirt but wanted one of these.

Esports are huge, so much money in this. I dare say more kids play fifa than actual football down the park.
My lads a good footballer and just joined the Stoke Academy but he has very little interest in playing “street” football with his mates and even less interest in watching football on tv or going to the wolves but if he’s not training or at school he’s playing fifa and so are his mates. Those dismissing esports don’t indeed the lure to youth.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fifa has changed so much since i played it many moons ago. Kids dont need to play in the street as we did. They go home get online with their mates and they play fifa all in the same team. I often hear my son moaning at his mates because they didnt pass to him or lost the ball. Just like we did as kids playing in the street.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fifa has changed so much since i played it many moons ago. Kids dont need to play in the street as we did. They go home get online with their mates and they play fifa all in the same team. I often hear my son moaning at his mates because they didnt pass to him or lost the ball. Just like we did as kids playing in the street.

Fifa, fortnite, CoD..and many other video games have taken the place of the games we played as kids. In someways better and in some worse..but it is how it is now. Fair play to the club for tying to tap into this.

I think when you get older some will cling onto the past and wish it was still so. But the world has changed, and it’s changing even more every day. If we can stay ahead of the curve then we will have an advantage

D

Deleted member (smith)

It’s our club

natural feeling of any supporter /fan

when I started in business we recognized the company belonged to its shareholders….a lot has changed in 50 years. No longer do we recognize any single source of power ….now we acknowledge the company ( club) has many stakeholders all of whom must be considered and their interests weighted in any decision by the board who are mere trustees.

we must now consider

owners
employees
unions
season ticket holders
legacy supporters
overseas and non local fans and supporters
the press
the regulators
fifa
eufa
FA
the Chinese government
the uk government
black lives matter
creditors
players
families
the local community
business partners

and I have forgotten a lot too….but think of that when you say it’s our club

ps Doris the tea lady is included in employes but perhaps should be considered separately

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fifa, fortnite, CoD..and many other video games have taken the place of the games we played as kids. In someways better and in some worse..but it is how it is now. Fair play to the club for tying to tap into this.

I think when you get older some will cling onto the past and wish it was still so. But the world has changed, and it’s changing even more every day. If we can stay ahead of the curve then we will have an advantage
Some would be happier if kids were still chasing a wheel with a stick.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score

To be fair, NWA and the Gallaghers were some of the most famous people in the world in the 90's. Wolves ESports has 16k followers on Twitter and even less on Instagram. I do like what the club is doing diversifying revenue streams, and even though I can't understand for the life of me why people enjoy watching people play video games, it's growing enormously. But I just don't see how we're going to grow a global profile off the field without a legitimate global figure wearing our shirt, like NWA or a Gallagher brother.

Let me know if I'm wrong, but your son has been around Wolves his whole life so I am sure that's the main reason why he is so excited for their entrance into ESports. He's always had an affinity for the club and now it's combining with his favorite thing to do with his friends - video games. Which is awesome and I actually think is more beneficial to the local fans than it's given credit for, but I just don't see a random kid in a different country becoming a Wolves fan just because he saw their E-team competing.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, NWA and the Gallaghers were some of the most famous people in the world in the 90's. Wolves ESports has 16k followers on Twitter and even less on Instagram. I do like what the club is doing diversifying revenue streams, and even though I can't understand for the life of me why people enjoy watching people play video games, it's growing enormously. But I just don't see how we're going to grow a global profile off the field without a legitimate global figure wearing our shirt, like NWA or a Gallagher brother.

Let me know if I'm wrong, but your son has been around Wolves his whole life so I am sure that's the main reason why he is so excited for their entrance into ESports. He's always had an affinity for the club and now it's combining with his favorite thing to do with his friends - video games. Which is awesome and I actually think is more beneficial to the local fans than it's given credit for, but I just don't see a random kid in a different country becoming a Wolves fan just because he saw their E-team competing.
They may not become fans but they might spend money on esports, music or fashion. Over the years we’ve all bought LPs we liked but probably never bother to go see that band.
I‘m 5,000 miles away but Wolves get some the tv money I pay DAZN. Same with the USA where ESPN+ has the rights for the PL. and they have ten times our population.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Im grateful we have had real success in the last five years and i really enjoyed the first three seasons. But watching jeff shi today was awful. He may want esports, fashion and records and thousands of “fans” that love the brand but i worry that any money generated will not come near the football club.

He consigned me and the other 199,999 legacy fans to the dustbin. He even didnt rate the almost 150 year history. But its not his club its ours. He is only todays custodian. I feel conflicted. Is mid table premier league that much better than mid table championship? The football we saw over the last two seasons wasnt great. So do i want shi out? Not yet but i am sure of one thing. I support a football club not a fashion brand. Its our club and the football matters. He had better remember that or he will regret it one day

Don’t try and knock or question Jeff / Fosun or a certain bunch will be out for you.

I actually can see your point.

Made me wonder if Wolves have PR people on here managing expectations- like big business have on twitter.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
They won't siphon money out, as you put it.

Fosun will and have leveraged the Wolves brand for the benefit of their diverse portfolio.

They will give their diverse portfolio in this entity (currently including esports, music, fashion....others TBA) the attention they need to maximise the wealth of the investment vehicle (Fosun).

Will they have the best or most profitable fashion label? No
Will they have the best esports outfit? probably not, (I know little about esports)
The most lucrative music label? I doubt it

The best football team around? not likely!

But by leveraging a brand, in time the brand can overtake it's core product.

And when the core product is no longer the core product as such and has served its leverage purpose, then it can be cast aside to an increasing degree as it's no longer the brand definer.

Virgin started with a record store. What is Virgin today? And how important to the Virgin empire is that music store?

Are we talking about a regional football team here?

Think people are forgetting the core product and that local people just want to see their team win football matches.

Back
Top Bottom