Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Irish Wolves

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the weekend that Irish Wolves do their annual pilgrimage to the Black Country. Before the weekend I would have been exceptionally happy for the Old Gold to get three points. Great that the IW's witnessed yesterdays win. I only hope now that they return having witnessed the team getting 6 points from the weekends games. UtW.

R

Rswoza

We're you boys drinking, couple of celts coming from Cornwall too.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done guys, no need to ask if you enjoyed yesterday :)

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Greetings to my fellow supporters from the Irish Wolves Supporters Club! You're doing a great job. I hear the away end was even louder than usual!!! Fair play lads!

Plenty of excitement going on even at the Hotel if the papers are to be believed!!!

As WIL says, please bring back the full set (6 precious points)

Sorry I'm not with you. Live long in every moment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done lads. Hope we get another three points tomorrow to round the trip off for you in style.

blaenboy

Reaction score
Tony Lawlor (DubWolf) told me where Irish Wolves would be in Wolverhampton before the game, but I have forgotten and cannot find his contact details (a bottle of wine doesn't help). Am off to wonderful Wolverhampton tomorrow and would like to meet up before the the game if possible. Will check the site tomorrow en-route to see if any reply. Be easy on my Leeds -supporting friend if I do manage to track you down!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's the emerald club & the great Western Bb .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tony Lawlor (DubWolf) told me where Irish Wolves would be in Wolverhampton before the game, but I have forgotten and cannot find his contact details (a bottle of wine doesn't help). Am off to wonderful Wolverhampton tomorrow and would like to meet up before the the game if possible. Will check the site tomorrow en-route to see if any reply. Be easy on my Leeds -supporting friend if I do manage to track you down!

Hello Blaenboy !!!

Haven't seen you in these here parts for some time? Hope you're well!
You're on the bike I'll guess .... truely a Professor of Cool at Cool University!!

Enjoy it all Des, and see you soon hopefully! Give my regards to Tony and the rest, and make sure to bag those 3 points!!!

COYW

blaenboy

Reaction score
Wwm: thanks for the message! Not so cool today though! We( myself and a Leeds friend- yes, some of them have friends) are stuck in Dublin airport- and it is 1 pm! 9.50 am regional flight delayed because a cabin crew member called in sick. Flight delayed till 2.30pm. Can you believe that??!! Switched flights to normal Aer Lingus at 2.10 pm. So, after all my giving out about the game being pushed back for TV I am now delighted it is. Should make it Ok: a friend(wolves friend this time! ) picking us up at airport. Please give us a good game- and 3 points - after all this! Back to the motor bike next time!!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck Blaenboy, keep the faith. Given that the Leeds story is almost as bleak as that of Wolves in recent years, I guess they need friends from the Wolves, at least there pain is somewhat similar to ours. Oh well, as WWM can testify we have a mutual friend who suffers from the same delusion as your mate. Quite a pleasant chap, actually.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best of luck Blaenboy, keep the faith. Given that the Leeds story is almost as bleak as that of Wolves in recent years, I guess they need friends from the Wolves, at least there pain is somewhat similar to ours. Oh well, as WWM can testify we have a mutual friend who suffers from the same delusion as your mate. Quite a pleasant chap, actually.

Correct WIL!!!

An absolute gentleman (for a Leeds fan:D) and very amusing with it.

Sorry to hear of your travel troubles Blaenboy, hopefully the Wolves will soon make it all worthwhile!

COYW

Last edited by a moderator:

blaenboy

Reaction score
Peter, the day got distinctly worse- other than the result! The flight we switched to boarded on time but we were held up because there was no machine available to push us back off the stand. When one arrived the bolt attaching it to the nose snapped in the nose. We had to wait for engineers to work on it. We finally arrived in B'Ham after 4pm. My friend had waited in the nearby car-park for an hour: cost£17!! We made the game in time but because we were parked a little way away it meant leaving the match 20 mins early to catch the last flight home. When we got back to the car and and turned on the radio the 3-1 cruise when we left was now 3-3! great when we won, but the M6 was clogged up and we had a quick decision to make as to whether to join the queue or try to get around (Gate closing at 7.55pm and it was now 7.10pm). We decided to take a detour via the M5 and finally got to airport just in time- though I damaged ligaments in the run to the plane and paid €50 last night for physiotherapy. Definitely the bike for the play-offs!!

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Peter, the day got distinctly worse- other than the result! The flight we switched to boarded on time but we were held up because there was no machine available to push us back off the stand. When one arrived the bolt attaching it to the nose snapped in the nose. We had to wait for engineers to work on it. We finally arrived in B'Ham after 4pm. My friend had waited in the nearby car-park for an hour: cost£17!! We made the game in time but because we were parked a little way away it meant leaving the match 20 mins early to catch the last flight home. When we got back to the car and and turned on the radio the 3-1 cruise when we left was now 3-3! great when we won, but the M6 was clogged up and we had a quick decision to make as to whether to join the queue or try to get around (Gate closing at 7.55pm and it was now 7.10pm). We decided to take a detour via the M5 and finally got to airport just in time- though I damaged ligaments in the run to the plane and paid €50 last night for physiotherapy. Definitely the bike for the play-offs!!

I think I'll remember this the next time I start moaning about waiting in traffic for 5 minutes to get on the A41 from New Hampton Road West !!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear all of that Des! What a complete disaster for you. I thought you had got out of jail with that late kick off time.

The plane is always prone, particularly when booking well in advance as Mr Murdoch is always liable to step in and mess with kick off times and even days!!!!

I love the reference to the play offs!

At least you had the benefit of being at Molineux during its finest hour for some time. Even on tv, the support sounded just fantastic!

Thankfully the three points provided some comfort, imagine how you'd feel if the day was lost!!!

Sounds like those ligaments will mean you'll have to shorten your run up for those unique deliveries of yours!

See you soon!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm home and alive.

Des that seems like a day from hell. we had a few lads on the 8.25 flight home so most missed the winner. Haven't been on here since last Thursday.

We had a fabulous weekend. Arrived in the Trent Bridge Inn at around 10am and had brekkie and a couple of pints before the Manager kindly advised us that we should leave before it got busy after 12. I won't tell you what Mick said in reply, but you can imagine. :D

Had a few in the Notts. County bar. Great atmophere there. We were right in the corner at the front for the game. Great day.

Had a few more in the Western after we got back. Fire alarm in the hotel at 3.30am. The photos of outside in the E&S were ours.

Even got a bit of culture in on Sunday with a visit to the Black Country Museum. You would be proud of me. :D Great place to visit. Really enjoyed it.

Monday was a real day to remember. The only downside was that we didn't get to present the POTS trophy before the game but it was for totally understandable reasons. Hopefully we will get it done before the end of the season. Great to see the whole ground hopping.

Had a great laugh in the 2nd half when a Leeds player played a great ball out to the left wing for the sub running down the line.:D

Again Des sorry to hear you had a tough day but you should probably go for the whole weekend next year.

Just about back to normal now,

blaenboy

Reaction score
Sounds like quite a weekend! Yes, I like the culture bit and was in the Black Country Museum myself , but many years ago now. It got out of the pubs for a while anyway!
I saw the ball down the line- you would have thought that the hi-glo green hi-viz vest was a giveaway, wouldn't you?

Back
Top Bottom