Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

International Captains

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually....Carlos Edwards. Has 92 Trinidad caps and captained Ipswich, so is a good chance

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did kevin Doyle captain international team ?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recalled Paul Ince captaining England, not while at Wolves though. Captain in 1993.
In 1993, he became the first black player to wear the captain’s armband for the Three Lions.
The man himself did not really think about it at the time, he was just proud to be the England captain.

was trying to remember if he might have captained England again whilst at Wolves, not sure if he did or not

VictorPyrrhic

Groupie
Reaction score
Not trying to be racist but who was that foreign player who scored for us IIRC in the opening game v Sheff Wednesday in a 1-1 draw (I think!)
Pressman sent off in first 15 minutes i think? Ketsbaia

Edit: read on and someone replied already.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
was trying to remember if he might have captained England again whilst at Wolves, not sure if he did or not
Had the same thought jrpb, hence why I looked into it a bit. Probably not.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can we squeeze Mick McCarthy in somewhere , played ,captained and managed R.O.I ---OK not whilst playing for Wolves.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, you've got a good memory! I remember him being a pretty good player but as so many it didn't work out; can't remember why now.
He was a Moxey special bought in on the Thursday or Friday before the Wednesday game on TV on the Sunday to replace Akinbiyi who we’d sold earlier in close season. He was a surprise signing as there had been no media talk, he was a bit of a head banger at Newcastle and had played intermittently for them (famously assaulting an advertising hoarding after scoring for them). The Wednesday game was also Lescott’s debut as well.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ince's England career had long since past when he joined us in 2002. I don't think he played any games under Erikson at all.

To be honest, even Euro 2000 looked a step too far for him at international level, but he was largely always superb for England in both Euro 96 and World Cup 98 (including the qualifiers). One of the players who could have really shone had we been capable of reaching World Cup 1994.

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score
Another obscure one:
Kaspars Gorkss captained Latvia in one game against Liechtenstein in march 2013 while on loan from Reading.

Back
Top Bottom