Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

International Captains

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
With players from all over the World these days it is often difficult to keep tabs on everyone but I was thinking today of the players who have Captained their Country whilst still at Wolves either from the start or during a game .
Off the top of my head I came up with
Cullis
Wright
Slater
Flowers
Coady
Hughes
Dougan
Moutinho
Saiss
There could possibly be others and apologies if I have missed out any glaring ones but alongside the above maybe Rui(springs to mind because of his longevity) Doyle (similar ) and possibly Muscat
Anyone ?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With players from all over the World these days it is often difficult to keep tabs on everyone but I was thinking today of the players who have Captained their Country whilst still at Wolves either from the start or during a game .
Off the top of my head I came up with
Cullis
Wright
Slater
Flowers
Coady
Hughes
Dougan
Moutinho
Saiss
There could possibly be others and apologies if I have missed out any glaring ones but alongside the above maybe Rui(springs to mind because of his longevity) Doyle (similar ) and possibly Muscat
Anyone ?
keane surely did? edit. Not while with us i guess

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Was Dave Edwards ever Wales captain? Or Sam Ricketts? Or Hennessy even?!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not trying to be racist but who was that foreign player who scored for us IIRC in the opening game v Sheff Wednesday in a 1-1 draw (I think!)

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
That's him. Thanks. I seem to remember him arriving with the big fanfare but left after 1 season I think.
Yeah. We could say that about so many players down the years!! I remember his debut, the Kevin Pressman game with the sending off after 13 seconds! Mark Halsey apologetically sending him for an early bath but the sub keeper frustrated us until Ketsbaia scored a screamer off a well worked free kick.

Georgia had quite a few classy individuals back then so not sure if he captained them.
Kinkladze; Averladze; Kaladze; Kobiashvilli.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yeah. We could say that about so many players down the years!! I remember his debut, the Kevin Pressman game with the sending off after 13 seconds! Mark Halsey apologetically sending him for an early bath but the sub keeper frustrated us until Ketsbaia scored a screamer off a well worked free kick.

Georgia had quite a few classy individuals back then so not sure if he captained them.
He also scored from a free kick with a thunderbolt shot but Halsey disallowed it because one of their players broke from the wall and was only about 6 yards away when he hit and made us take it again

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's him. Thanks. I seem to remember him arriving with the big fanfare but left after 1 season I think.
Talking of players that didn’t hang around who I liked Tony Dinning sorry to go off topic. Did Ingermarsson or Ganea ever captain the respected countries of Iceland and Romania?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bloody hell, you've got a good memory! I remember him being a pretty good player but as so many it didn't work out; can't remember why now.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Did Carl Robinson ever wear the armband for Wales? Maybe one for @Wonder Boyo ?
What is this Pagey? Mastermind?!

I can't remember him ever being captain but I might be wrong. He was well respected and seen as a steady Eddie, over 50 full caps. There were an awful lot of experienced players around at the same time as Robinson though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The great Ricki Herbert for NZ?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I recalled Paul Ince captaining England, not while at Wolves though. Captain in 1993.
In 1993, he became the first black player to wear the captain’s armband for the Three Lions.
The man himself did not really think about it at the time, he was just proud to be the England captain.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carl Robinson? Or mixup paataleanan (spelling!).
Kenny Miller?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last one from me, Berra? Pretty sure he captained Hearts

Back
Top Bottom