Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Indonesia stadium disaster

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Awful news. RIP to those fans killed.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such terribly sad news. My thoughts are with those affected.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's awful, painful news. Thoughts with the families and friends of those who died. I hope in time the truth comes out - whatever that is - and lessons are learned.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful incident. RIP to those that have lost lives and deepest condolences to there families. Hope the injured make a full recovery.

No one on earth should go to a football match and not return home.

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful news.
My heartfelt condolences go out to the families and friends who've lost loved ones.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Riot police have no place in grounds

W

WasStefan

Sad part is its almost certain those killed weren’t the ones causing the trouble. Truly horrific

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just awful. Condolences to all of the people egfected and rest in peace to the people who died.

That should never ever happen.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful news a real tragedy

Sadly sounds like another case of overcrowding and those in control causing panic rather than keeping things calm

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
As many of us I have been caught up in various situations of violence and overreaction by the police over the years .I remember being at Hillsborough when we played Spurs and how their fans suffered pre-Liverpool fans in1989 but the one that sticks in my mind was 1977 at Bolton we denied them promotion.I remember being herded by the police .They used horses to squeeze us up .I couldn’t breathe as the horses squeezed us more and some fans were getting hit although they were doing nothing wrong .It was hot and I was about to pass out and possibly get trampled before I was forced into the entrance backwards breathless ..Unbeknown to me at the time but my wife who I didn’t know back then was in the queue at the same time suffered exactly the same.I was frightened to death

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP to the poor souls who’ve died in this awful tragedy. Thoughts for their families and hope the injured heal.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Police firing Tear Gas into a football crowd is ridiculous and has very probably increased the numbers who lost their lives, it Would have created panic and restricted peoples ability to breath so when they got to the overrun exits their ability to in take air would have been severely limited, tragic events that shouldn’t be happening

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
As many of us I have been caught up in various situations of violence and overreaction by the police over the years .I remember being at Hillsborough when we played Spurs and how their fans suffered pre-Liverpool fans in1989 but the one that sticks in my mind was 1977 at Bolton we denied them promotion.I remember being herded by the police .They used horses to squeeze us up .I couldn’t breathe as the horses squeezed us more and some fans were getting hit although they were doing nothing wrong .It was hot and I was about to pass out and possibly get trampled before I was forced into the entrance backwards breathless ..Unbeknown to me at the time but my wife who I didn’t know back then was in the queue at the same time suffered exactly the same.I was frightened to death
That match 'management' in Bolton was appalling. I sympathize enormously with good people like you and your wife who were herded and assaulted like animals for wanting to just enter a stadium. We arrived late to see a big space away from the terrace entrance where it was a case of plenty of fans walking around by the main stand to get to their places. As you rightly note, you though were rammed into a corner up against the turnstiles by horses deliberately targeted at you. We saw this and stepped back until there was the slightest modicum of sense, entered when the Greater Manchester? plod were tired from their assaults and moved to the other side of the goal where it was marginally less crammed.
I was at that Spurs semi-final too and the most shocking thing was the South Yorkshire plod trying to open up a space for 'surplus' Spurs fans who had been sitting and standing around the pitch after getting out of their end to be squeezed into our very full end. Completely ridiculous and dangerous as we all said at the game. And the worst thing as we all know is that no semis were held there for a while until the disaster... and nothing changed at the Leppings Lane End.
Don't start me on the Aston Villa away FA Cup tie which was not limited by tickets when the local police deliberately delayed several train loads at Wolverhampton station and actually cancelled some trains. Ours was the last train to leave for Villa Park and we were lied to in Wolverhampton and at Villa Park that we would get in even whilst they tidied up getting the last Villa fans in at KO time. What on earth were Villa and the police doing not making it all ticket?

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
That match 'management' in Bolton was appalling. I sympathize enormously with good people like you and your wife who were herded and assaulted like animals for wanting to just enter a stadium. We arrived late to see a big space away from the terrace entrance where it was a case of plenty of fans walking around by the main stand to get to their places. As you rightly note, you though were rammed into a corner up against the turnstiles by horses deliberately targeted at you. We saw this and stepped back until there was the slightest modicum of sense, entered when the Greater Manchester? plod were tired from their assaults and moved to the other side of the goal where it was marginally less crammed.
I was at that Spurs semi-final too and the most shocking thing was the South Yorkshire plod trying to open up a space for 'surplus' Spurs fans who had been sitting and standing around the pitch after getting out of their end to be squeezed into our very full end. Completely ridiculous and dangerous as we all said at the game. And the worst thing as we all know is that no semis were held there for a while until the disaster... and nothing changed at the Leppings Lane End.
Don't start me on the Aston Villa away FA Cup tie which was not limited by tickets when the local police deliberately delayed several train loads at Wolverhampton station and actually cancelled some trains. Ours was the last train to leave for Villa Park and we were lied to in Wolverhampton and at Villa Park that we would get in even whilst they tidied up getting the last Villa fans in at KO time. What on earth were Villa and the police doing not making it all ticket?
Great sympathy of course to those who have been killed and injured, and who are their family members and friends who will be in deep, deep shock.

Back
Top Bottom