Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Impact on Bolton

J

Jalwolf

It doesn't look brilliant for Bolton at the moment. It's going to solely depend on who they sign between now and 1st Feb.

Expect loan signings galore.

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It now makes it more difficult for them. Have to see how they replace him first!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're after Tim Ream from NY Redbulls for £2m. I just worry they can only get better and their home fixtures look pretty good from their viewpoint.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO they were already weaker than Wigan and Blackbum but surely those 2 [W and B] will stay up following encouraging performances recently ?

Which, assuming QPR improves under Hughes, makes it very difficult for us unless teams above us implode. Candidates are
WBA [maybe the most likely ?]
Norwich [no signs yet]
Villa [maybe will do a Blues under the same manager?]
Swansea [no signs yet]
Sunderland [impossible now under O Neil]
Fulham [maybe our best equal hope?]
Everton [lack of money and staleness giving lack of confidence and bad end to season ?]

Can't see it really - we're toast.

Last edited by a moderator:

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO they were already weaker than Wigan and Blackbum but surely those 2 [W and B] will stay up following encouraging performances recently ?

Which, assuming QPR improves under Hughes, makes it very difficult for us unless teams above us implode. Candidates are
Norwich [no signs yet]
Swansea [no signs yet]
Everton [lack of money and staleness giving lack of confidence and bad end to season ?]

you say wigan and blackburn are picking up, but how about our recent form? drew the last 3 away from home which included spurs arsenal and our bogey team. then at home get beat by a last minute winner against chelsea and come back for going a goal down twice to draw against a very good team in Norwich to which those down the road got beat,

so stop being so negative and having your glass half empty, look on the bright side, also having the return to fitness of key players, is also another plus

so onwards and upwards.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think Bolton are down and selling Cahill is another nail in the coffin.

Thats one down and two to go......I hope

Come on the Wolves

F

FLEET WOLF

Norwich [no signs yet]
Swansea [no signs yet]

QPR may not improve under Hughes-I like him, but I reckon there are some problems at that Club.

Sadly Norwich and Swansea will probably be ok, although one or both of them will plummet, but probably not enough.

Villa could easily get dragged into it, becasue they are pretty ordinary and the fans are not keen on the manager.

Fulham-only play well against the big sides on television!-bit like us last season!

Everton-Moyes has enough about him to keep them out of it, just.

Sunderland will also hit another bad spell at some stage, but they will have enough under O'Neill

If we do better than Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn (appalling display by bloody Fulham at the weekend!) we will survive and I have a feeling that one of those will as well, with a surprise candidate from the above slipping badly towards the end!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see Notlob signing anyone permantly this window. Who will want to go to a club in the bottom three, where they've been all season?

Call me odd but I think the same about QPR. Now QPR are in the bottom three they are (in my opinion) going to have to spend an astronomical amount in wages to lure the kind of players they're after to play for a club in the bottom three. They spent big in the summer and look where it's got them. I think they'll struggle to sign the players they want, on the terms they want, and even if they manage that, I think they'll struggle to gel as a team.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I hope it sends them down too...

Davies has been mentioned but is there anyone else we could grab if it happened in a Noblot job lot with the season ending 'successfully?'

G

G Unit

An unexpected side usually gets sucked in and crumble under the pressure and I think it could be any one of Fulham, Everton and Villa.

Don't know why after recent performances still fancy Norwich to hit a slump but its going to the wire again and I think us and the s*!t will both cling on for dear life with a couple of results each against the "top" teams . . . I'm hoping we pick an unexpected 3 pts from Liverpool and poss a point away at Newcastle but have a bad feeling about Villa at Home

D

Dewsburywolf

Davies has been mentioned but is there anyone else we could grab if it happened in a Noblot job lot with the season ending 'successfully?'

There's an ex England U21 player that seems to be getting quite a few accolades from the media lately :rolleyes:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you say wigan and blackburn are picking up, but how about our recent form? drew the last 3 away from home which included spurs arsenal and our bogey team. then at home get beat by a last minute winner against chelsea and come back for going a goal down twice to draw against a very good team in Norwich to which those down the road got beat,

so stop being so negative and having your glass half empty, look on the bright side, also having the return to fitness of key players, is also another plus

so onwards and upwards.
Whether you like it or not our recent form is enough to get us relegated. We have to improve our points tally and it is no good putting in good performances against the teams at the top if we are not picking up wins against our competitors.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether you like it or not our recent form is enough to get us relegated. We have to improve our points tally and it is no good putting in good performances against the teams at the top if we are not picking up wins against our competitors.

Out of all the clubs from 9th downwards we've only failed to take points off QPR, West Brom and Everton...........

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any club in the bottom three during the January window will have difficulty attracting anyone decent.

We have been very lucky so far in not being one of them. Things are also improving and I am much more confident than I was a month ago.

I really do think we will be fine.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do think the lancashire trio will go down. They're all weak. Blackburn have a decent squad but are in danger of losing half of them.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like last season trying to guess who may go down apart from us.

Out all of the teams think Bolton look the most likely.

Think this season it will be curtains for the ever unpredictable Wigan.

The last spot is really hard and depends on the Transfer window.

Have a sneaky feeling Blackburn may climb out of it but it all depends on the Samba situation as if he go`s and especially to QPR than would be a big blow for them and a big lift for QPR.

People have mentioned Fulham ,like last season, but can`t see that one or Villa.

Out of all the clubs who may join us in relation struggle is West Brom who have injury problems but seem to be on bad run .

QPR missing a decent CD and striker and probably got a good chance to stay up.

So

J

Jungleee

Surely if Samba goes it will be to PSG? Saw on article on the BBC where he said he'd love to return there (as in to Paris) and not to any English club? Could have been in my dreams though...

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like last season trying to guess who may go down apart from us.

Out all of the teams think Bolton look the most likely.

Think this season it will be curtains for the ever unpredictable Wigan.

The last spot is really hard and depends on the Transfer window.

Have a sneaky feeling Blackburn may climb out of it but it all depends on the Samba situation as if he go`s and especially to QPR than would be a big blow for them and a big lift for QPR.

People have mentioned Fulham ,like last season, but can`t see that one or Villa.

Out of all the clubs who may join us in relation struggle is West Brom who have injury problems but seem to be on bad run .

QPR missing a decent CD and striker and probably got a good chance to stay up.

So

Get used to it sunshine, it will be the same for the next 5 years or so.

On the bright side it also means we should still be in this awful league.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry i didn`t realise that you could make a killing on the betting as skysports say its a two horse race; QPR or Spurs.

F

FLEET WOLF

I can't see Notlob signing anyone permantly this window. Who will want to go to a club in the bottom three, where they've been all season?

Call me odd but I think the same about QPR. Now QPR are in the bottom three they are (in my opinion) going to have to spend an astronomical amount in wages to lure the kind of players they're after to play for a club in the bottom three. They spent big in the summer and look where it's got them. I think they'll struggle to sign the players they want, on the terms they want, and even if they manage that, I think they'll struggle to gel as a team.

You have a point about QPR, but I think players rate Hughes and some may take a gamble in going there, plus they know they can ask for big money!

F

FLEET WOLF

Get used to it sunshine, it will be the same for the next 5 years or so.

On the bright side it also means we should still be in this awful league.

By then we will be saying that Doncaster will be able to spend the money to get out of trouble!

D

Dewsburywolf

By then we will be saying that Doncaster will be able to spend the money to get out of trouble!

I'd hazard a guess that El Hadji-Diouff & Pascal Chimbonda (to name but two of Agent McKay's boys) won't exactly be on peanuts

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bolton are the most likely for the drop. Wigan the next most likely. The question is who will be the 3rd? Not Blackburn, who I think have turned it round. I have to say I think Albion might be the third. Their home form is poor, and their squad is thin. Fulham are also a possible -- Jol is a poor manager, and their away form is worse than ours.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think Bolton are the most likely for the drop. Wigan the next most likely. The question is who will be the 3rd? Not Blackburn, who I think have turned it round. I have to say I think Albion might be the third. Their home form is poor, and their squad is thin. Fulham are also a possible -- Jol is a poor manager, and their away form is worse than ours.

I will take that now to be honest!!

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's hard to say, there's two avenues to explore: They could be in big trouble now particularly if they don't get anyone in either loan or permanent, it'd have to be a very shrewd signing from Coyle at this stage, especially given their current state. On the other hand it could actually boost them, as teams will go to the Reebok thinking they're finished without their best player at the club, which may work in Bolton's favour. It could unite them more. I personally think (and hope) it will be the former.

D

Dewsburywolf

Just a thought but how long have they got the players (Kakuta being one) that they've currently got on loan for? Can they get any more loanees in?

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kakuta is now at Dijon in France. I would imagine Coyle will spend what he can on bolstering their strike force, as last year he bought Wheater as centre back cover. You have to factor in Bolton's financial situation, which might make paying competitive long term contracts difficult.
QPR might find the January window is not quite so easy to buy from rival clubs. I thought they looked very poor at Newcastle yesterday, played some nice stuff, but toothless and didn't really throw many players forward even in the last ten minutes.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bolton have more chance of staying up than Wigan. Than Blackburn, then QPR, then Wolves.

Pretty much how the bookies see it too.

Back
Top Bottom