Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I'm an idiot

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 miles?? Hope you had your inhaler

D

Deleted member 3573J

I spent about a week fixing my old bike a while ago, fitted new brakes, sorted the gears out, put a new wheel on then I went out for a ride and hit the deck after about 10 mins so went home and haven't been on it since. I did get into it a few years a go, would regularly go out for a bike ride in my early 20s, it was very therapeutic, I don't know what happened when I tried it again though, I was convinced I was going to get knocked off by a car only for a cat to run out in front of me to put me on the floor. I used to just whiz round the streets no problem, lost confidence I guess.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spent about a week fixing my old bike a while ago, fitted new brakes, sorted the gears out, put a new wheel on then I went out for a ride and hit the deck after about 10 mins so went home and haven't been on it since. I did get into it a few years a go, would regularly go out for a bike ride in my early 20s, it was very therapeutic, I don't know what happened when I tried it again though, I was convinced I was going to get knocked off by a car only for a cat to run out in front of me to put me on the floor. I used to just whiz round the streets no problem, lost confidence I guess.
Some parallels with me Jim. I'm a keen cyclist; do lots of sportives, time trials etc. I would go 50mph down big hills without a thought, but last summer, a rabbit of all things ran out in front of me while going at speed, slammed the brakes on and ended up on the tarmac with a dislocated clavicle and ruptured shoulder ligament.

Don't think I've lost confidence but I feel a little less invincible now thanks to Flopsy.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Some parallels with me Jim. I'm a keen cyclist; do lots of sportives, time trials etc. I would go 50mph down big hills without a thought, but last summer, a rabbit of all things ran out in front of me while going at speed, slammed the brakes on and ended up on the tarmac with a dislocated clavicle and ruptured shoulder ligament.

Don't think I've lost confidence but I feel a little less invincible now thanks to Flopsy.

I feel your pain, I dislocated my shoulder and I've never experienced pain like it, when your eyes just white over, but yours sounds 10 times worse. My shoulder has never been the same since though, the slightest stretch and it pops out slightly before going back in, a while a go it happened at work which was embarrassing, stretching for a dropped pen which left me on the floor in agony. I did start yoga which helped slightly but someone on here recommended a book, 'convict conditioning' where you don't need any equipment, basically just the size of a cell floor. I haven't done press ups since I played football 15 years ago but following the book I've gone from only being able to do them on my knees to full press ups and 200 a day. I've not tested the shoulder with the pen test yet though :D but it does feel better.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did 4.1 miles last night. It's all about high pressure weather for me. It means no wind resistance at all. The cold is irrelevant on a bike if you are wrapped up.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did 4.1 miles last night. It's all about high pressure weather for me. It means no wind resistance at all. The cold is irrelevant on a bike if you are wrapped up.

Wot about wind chill, my face freezes with a Niagara falls nose and that's just walking. I'd want a space suit in this weather.

Given time you get used to it but nah I don't get on with the cold unless I'm warm all over.

So it's wait till warmer climes before my bike comes out.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3.7 miles tonight. No wind at all. 4 hills.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I dislocated my shoulder and I've never experienced pain like it, when your eyes just white over, but yours sounds 10 times worse. My shoulder has never been the same since though, the slightest stretch and it pops out slightly before going back in, a while a go it happened at work which was embarrassing, stretching for a dropped pen which left me on the floor in agony. I did start yoga which helped slightly but someone on here recommended a book, 'convict conditioning' where you don't need any equipment, basically just the size of a cell floor. I haven't done press ups since I played football 15 years ago but following the book I've gone from only being able to do them on my knees to full press ups and 200 a day. I've not tested the shoulder with the pen test yet though :D but it does feel better.

I came off in Anglesey last month's when I got brushed by a car late at night and saw lots of space to my left between me and the hedge and assumed it was road. It was a pavement and I hit at at about 20 mph and went over. Nothing broken but bleeding knee and hand. Adrenaline got me home to our holiday cottage. My lesson is to only do it on roads I know and then I broke that locally.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
walked around the park today and came across someone who has a history of bad mouthing me behind my back.

They were too scared to even make eye contact with me. Funny innit how people like to talk tough until things get real!

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

great book, i recommend it to people complaining of joint pain/weakness etc on a daily basis

perfect for anyone who thinks they cant exercise due to old injuries/arthritis/age/cant afford a gym etc

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got my road bike serviced today and fitted with Dr Sludge plastic layer between tyre and inner tube to reduce puncture % risk. Dis 2.75 miles hills at half time. Goes like the wind now!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Done my cycling for today. Tested it on the flat + long hill (Strines Road to Sportsman pub for local Wolves fans)
Then back (the long hill). 18 minutes for 2.8 miles flat out in the hardest gear. That's 10 altogether today & walking (running) the dog another 4. It's the dog that has made the difference and I now understand Rhoswolf's Saturday regime better.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't start riding seriously until I was past 60 and I really love it, especially in a group. Most Saturdays in the summer we ride around a tiny bit of lake Ontario. Burlington to Grimsby and back, about 60K. Occasionally making a detour up the Niagara escarpment.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't start riding seriously until I was past 60 and I really love it, especially in a group. Most Saturdays in the summer we ride around a tiny bit of lake Ontario. Burlington to Grimsby and back, about 60K. Occasionally making a detour up the Niagara escarpment.

Wow! Are there hills in that oris it flat? Either way, I've never done more than twenty six miles in one go.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow! Are there hills in that oris it flat? Either way, I've never done more than twenty six miles in one go.
Basically flat except for the escarpment detour (Google 50 road Grimsby):eek: it gets to 15% for about 1/2 km. At first I couldn't make it without stopping, but I've changed the back casette, big sprocket is now 32t from 25t previously. Now I can struggle up the hill.
At the top there is a beautiful rolling hill road called 'Ridge Road', then comes the nose dive back to lake level at Casablanca boulevard. A scary downhill :eek:.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlikely, but anyone here doing or have ever done the Dunwich Dynamo ride? It's my favourite ride of all. 120 miles from Hackney to the Suffolk coast overnight with 3,000 other brothers and sisters. Magical.

Back
Top Bottom