Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If Lage was to go who replaces him?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a tad concerned that Lopetegui will be burnt out. Like Nuno in his last season, he and his team look stale with results and performances to match.
It’s possible. It’s a shame he isn’t coming in on a high.. or with much time.. but, I would hope he can do enough to stabilise us this season and look ahead to next.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Martins was pictured at Hull’s game on Wednesday. The owner effectively said he’s the new manager and now at the last, last minute he’s turned them down.

He’s clearly got a better offer and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was us.

Agrees to the Hull job when we say we want Lopetegui but then Lopetegui, as Balague indicated, says he wants a break so we look elsewhere??

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Ok, no need to be so abrupt.

I would love Nuno back if we could guarantee the same excitement, passion and team spirit as early seasons Nuno. But the club have moved on since then, we’re in a different situation than when Nuno arrived. We need to move on and evolve, not gasp at good times from the past in a hope things will be the same again.
How’s that moving on strategy going

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
How many years will the Nuno cult continue? It's over. Accept it.
It’s nothing to do with a cult, it was throwing the best manager in modern times under a bus, the people in charge of the club are absolute clowns. When Nuno said he wanted a couple of players to kick on what did they do. Doherty and jota, our second and third best scorers were sold and a bang average full back and a unknown 35 million kid were bought in. Now tell me why supporters liked Nuno, or not. But what I’ve told you, you already knew that. Didn’t you!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s nothing to do with a cult, it was throwing the best manager in modern times under a bus, the people in charge of the club are absolute clowns. When Nuno said he wanted a couple of players to kick on what did they do. Doherty and jota, our second and third best scorers were sold and a bang average full back and a unknown 35 million kid were bought in. Now tell me why supporters liked Nuno, or not. But what I’ve told you, you already knew that. Didn’t you!
I didn't want Nuno to go. I think that sacking him was a bloody awful decision and a direct cause of our current woes. However, we are where we are now and going on about the past won't solve anything.

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that is the past. The Nuno era is not coming back anymore than Stan Cullis or Billy Wright are. You can be nostalgic about it, appreciate it, even learn from it, but it remains the past and repeating the same old recriminations, about when and why it all changed, achieves nothing. We need a new dynamic manager to take us forward now, rather than always harking back to an old one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that is the past. The Nuno era is not coming back anymore than Stan Cullis or Billy Wright are. You can be nostalgic about it, appreciate it, even learn from it, but it remains the past and repeating the same old recriminations, about when and why it all changed, achieves nothing. We need a new dynamic manager to take us forward now, rather than always harking back to an old one.
You expressed, more eloquently, my own thoughts.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
I’m making a point of the people who run the club have failed with everything they have touched since promotion. I could probably like yourself write pages of awful decisions made. Until the club brings in people in the right jobs and not jack of all trades then nothing will change

Back
Top Bottom