Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If Lage was to go who replaces him?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lage was to be sacked who do we think will replace him and who would you want?

Said on another thread if Lage is to go feel this is the time the club will do it with an international break coming up giving them time to get the guy they want!

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
Tuchel would be a good shout..would he come though? More likely to be Lopetegui who I'm led to believe plays in a similar fashion to Lage. I'm not one to scream for a manager's head but I think by the time we play West Ham he will be gone.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poch
Tuchel
Sampaoli
AVB
Zidane
De Zerbi
Marcelino
Paulo Sousa

Probably the top names who are free right now

There's your list of current managers out of a job with top level experience (I may have missed someone im not sure)

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Lopetegui, if he's available. Fosun still wanted him in the summer. Defensive football but winning some games would be nice.
I've practically given up on Wolves ever playing attacking football, so getting a manager who knows the defensive side of the game and getting enough 1-0's to stay up this season is alright for me. And if they bench Moutinho that would be a bonus.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poch or Tuchel?
And some here think Villa fans are deluded...

Forget names like that. We'll be lucky to get Lopetequi and most likely will end up with one of Mendes out of work clients. (Rui Faria?)

I'm not opposed to replacing Lage but people need to know we'll not get a highprofile name in to replace him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poch or Tuchel?

Forget names like that. We'll be lucky to get Lopetequi and most likely will end up with one of Mendes out of work clients. (Rui Faria?)

I'm not opposed to replacing Lage but people need to know we'll not get a highprofile name in to replace him.
Depends if we are prepared to pay the wages. The players who we have should be appealing enough....

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if we are prepared to pay the wages. The players who we have should be appealing enough....

I very much doubt we'll pay the wages Tuchel or Poch demand, let alone convince them to come.

But there are other less glamorous names of course, that could do a job, and who could be convinced of course, I'll certainly give you that.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't Bruno Genesio the name mentioned last season as somebody earmarked as potentiel replacement?

Ligue 1 manager of the year last season, has done well at Lyon and Rennes and play a decent 433 that would fit the players we've.

He also considered leaving Rennes this summer so could be tempted maybe?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wasn't Bruno Genesio the name mentioned last season as somebody earmarked as potentiel replacement?

Ligue 1 manager of the year last season, has done well at Lyon and Rennes and play a decent 433 that would fit the players we've.

He also considered leaving Rennes this summer so could be tempted maybe?
He was mentioned, also I think villa were looking at him

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Poch or Tuchel?

Both are out of job, if no one is sacked from one of the top teams in the next 1-2 years then they could be sitting around for a while. Always a risk waiting. Are any managers at the top clubs in Europe walking a tightrope at the moment, you tell me? I honestly don’t know, as such could those top names be picky. They are currently earning nothing. If they are in a job then yes you are correct.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven’t got a cat in hells chance of Poch or Tuchel, come on let’s be realistic.

We’ve leaned so heavily into Portuguese players that the replacement almost has to be Portuguese imo. Pedro Martins, AVB, Vitor Pereira, Amorim (unlikely)… even Carlos Carvahal.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both are out of job, if no one is sacked from one of the top teams in the next 1-2 years then they could be sitting around for a while. Always a risk waiting. Are any managers at the top clubs in Europe walking a tightrope at the moment, you tell me? I honestly don’t know, as such could those top names be picky. They are currently earning nothing. If they are in a job then yes you are correct.
Actually almost certainly not true to say that Tuchel at least is earning nothing. What actually normally happens in England and Wales (l really don't know about Scotland or indeed France) is that their former club carries on paying them their contractual dues until they get another job. Precedent in English and Welsh law says that they should mitigate their losses by seeking a new job ASAP. They could probably claim the difference if their next job is lower paying....

Back
Top Bottom