Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
You can see why West Ham fans want Moyes out. Doing a terrible job.
Getting sort of Nuno vibes, perform a miracle and then maintain around that level and people start asking why you aren't pushing on for more miracles. Football fans everywhere, doesn't matter the level you're at, only whether you're getting better.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how many non doms are playing for us. There were over 300 17 years ago including Ronaldo it's estimated there are nearer 400 now all perfectly legal. Although they should be paying tax on earnings here anything abroad like image rights they won't be.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ten Hag has the best win percentage ever - who would have guessed that ?

KH_04_03_MAN_UTD_TOP10.jpg

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Ten Hag has the best win percentage ever - who would have guessed that ?

KH_04_03_MAN_UTD_TOP10.jpg
Statistics though...

All games, not just league, so wins in LC and Europa counting and if you just work on the games at 3ppw, then he's worse on ppg than Mourinho.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Statistics may have Sir Matt Busby as the seventh best manager of Manchester United, but what he achieved after the Munich air tragedy would put him at the top of the list. He rebuilt a team that had lost some of the best young players in the country and had them challenging for honours again soon after.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how many non doms are playing for us. There were over 300 17 years ago including Ronaldo it's estimated there are nearer 400 now all perfectly legal. Although they should be paying tax on earnings here anything abroad like image rights they won't be.
They will if they spend the money here or will be taxed at the rate of the country where they do spend it.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of our foreign born players will potentially be of Non-domicile status. The way that they organise their finances around this will be down to the accountancy advice they, or more importantly, their agents employ. They will all be taking full advantage of the current legislation. The status itself is almost secondary to the arrangements they will have negotiated around the way they are remunerated for their services, which is not always as straightforward as you may think.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of our foreign born players will potentially be of Non-domicile status. The way that they organise their finances around this will be down to the accountancy advice they, or more importantly, their agents employ. They will all be taking full advantage of the current legislation. The status itself is almost secondary to the arrangements they will have negotiated around the way they are remunerated for their services, which is not always as straightforward as you may think.
I imagine that there is a whole industry around financial planning for foreign sports players. Not only football players but also both rugby codes and cricketers.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may be an accountant and have a greater knowledge of these things than I do in which case please point out what I have wrong. As I understand the practice in Irish law which is based on English common law, those born abroad who take up residence and are being paid by a foreign/offshore company, are - if they claim they are only here/in the UK on a temporary basis - only liable to tax on the income brought into the country. Can English clubs set up such arrangements for the benefit of their players? On income earned abroad, that income would be subject to local tax legislation also, so it would most likely come within the remit of a Double Taxation Agreement and they would most likely have to pay tax to the overseas jurisdiction in any event.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are facing a further 10 point deduction as well which could put them far too close to relegation to the Southern League. Sadly it is a yet another case of the owner not being what people thought he was going to be. Alarm bells were ringing when just after taking over the selling of the Plainmoor Ground where Torquay play was mentioned a lot. As you can imagine prime land where the ground sits in Torbay is worth a mint and a good few luxury flats could be built on it.

Another factor in their demise was they always had a very good academy and if they could sell a promising kid for a nice fee it would keep them going as a club. Lee Sharpe was an example. When they dropped out of the League and did not make it back within a season the grants from the football league to help maintain their youth policy got pulled so any promising youngster now goes to Plymouth or Exeter.
They used to pull a lot of kids in from the Midlands few of my mates went on trial there.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know why?........

All our stands have a letter code.

Stan Cullis/North Bank is NU (North Upper) and NL (North Lower)

Sir Jack Hayward/South Bank is S (South) and SL (South Lower)

Graham Hughes is SW (South West)

Billy Wright is W (West) and WL (West Lower)

So why are the codes for the Steve Bull J and JL, not E and EL?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just guessing (not in the know), but rather than W being west is it W for Waterloo Road and J in the steve bull being the J from John Ireland

North (bank) and South (bank) still stand as that’s what the original stands were called and would align with the waterloo road stand and John Ireland

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

Something to do with it originally being the John Ireland?

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just guessing (not in the know), but rather than W being west is it W for Waterloo Road and J in the steve bull being the J from John Ireland

North (bank) and South (bank) still stand as that’s what the original stands were called and would align with the waterloo road stand and John Ireland
I think this is the correct answer ...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They were set, l believe, when that was the John Ireland stand well before the Sir Jack redevelopment and never changed.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

I always assumed the W was for William (Ambrose Wright) to match the J for John (Ireland).

As far as I can recall, the current South Bank wasn't officially called the Jack Hayward when it was built, but I think the old new Northbank was always called the Stan Cullis wasn't it? Guess you'd confuse people with an S though?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else hate our **** ticket system? I am unable to assign tickets and am in a never ending doom loop of freezing and pointless screens with no buttons. Utter ****e

I've got to grips with it now I think. I know where not to click and which random link I need to select to get to where I want to be.

If you suspend all common sense and just roll with it, it becomes second nature.

Not being able to assign tickets happens if you've somehow found your way to the ticket selection page before it's kicked you out back to the supporter profile page.

Only after this has happened and you've clicked the small sub-heading of 'tickets' will you be able to select and assign tickets! :tearsofjoy:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody else hate our **** ticket system? I am unable to assign tickets and am in a never ending doom loop of freezing and pointless screens with no buttons. Utter ****e
It's been a bit trial and error for me at times when assigning tickets to those on my list.
I try to adopt the same procedure as previous but it doesn't always yield the same result. :(

However, on the last occasion expecting a challenge, it all went like clockwork.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always assumed the W was for William (Ambrose Wright) to match the J for John (Ireland).

As far as I can recall, the current South Bank wasn't officially called the Jack Hayward when it was built, but I think the old new Northbank was always called the Stan Cullis wasn't it? Guess you'd confuse people with an S though?
The South Bank was the Jack Harris stand until Scouse the Builder renamed it after Sir Jack against his own expressed wishes.

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting article covering many of the financial aspects of football - CL payments, PSR, wages etc.
Time for UEFA to wake up and stand up to the greedy.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got to grips with it now I think. I know where not to click and which random link I need to select to get to where I want to be.

If you suspend all common sense and just roll with it, it becomes second nature.

Not being able to assign tickets happens if you've somehow found your way to the ticket selection page before it's kicked you out back to the supporter profile page.

Only after this has happened and you've clicked the small sub-heading of 'tickets' will you be able to select and assign tickets! :tearsofjoy:
I managed it on a mac but on my phone was impossible. Took me 5 attempts! And i go to every away game too

Back
Top Bottom