Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I have just finished work and thought I would unwind with a beer, a game on the xbox and a podcast. Thought give Judah and Keen a go on their E&S podcast. My god its awful. Judah talks crap and Keen has the personality of a wall. Never again.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Torquay United gone into administration we use to play them in the day now in bottom half of National League South . Still get a decent away crowd following them.

They are facing a further 10 point deduction as well which could put them far too close to relegation to the Southern League. Sadly it is a yet another case of the owner not being what people thought he was going to be. Alarm bells were ringing when just after taking over the selling of the Plainmoor Ground where Torquay play was mentioned a lot. As you can imagine prime land where the ground sits in Torbay is worth a mint and a good few luxury flats could be built on it.

Another factor in their demise was they always had a very good academy and if they could sell a promising kid for a nice fee it would keep them going as a club. Lee Sharpe was an example. When they dropped out of the League and did not make it back within a season the grants from the football league to help maintain their youth policy got pulled so any promising youngster now goes to Plymouth or Exeter.

Last edited:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down Carol decker

I have mentioned before elsewhere but T'Pau and " China in Your Hand " is forever ingrained in my mind as music that would be played over the PA on the South Bank in the 1987/88 4th Division title season. The Bee Gees " You Win Again " ( which in that wonderful time Wolves did more than a few times ! ) and Belinda Carlisle's " Heaven is a Place on Earth " ( which watching Bully, Mutchy and the others it was ! ) were other tunes I associate with that time.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have mentioned before elsewhere but T'Pau and " China in Your Hand " is forever ingrained in my mind as music that would be played over the PA on the South Bank in the 1987/88 4th Division title season. The Bee Gees " You Win Again " ( which in that wonderful time Wolves did more than a few times ! ) and Belinda Carlisle's " Heaven is a Place on Earth " ( which watching Bully, Mutchy and the others it was ! ) were other tunes I associate with that time.
Fairground Attraction was another big one that season

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last question was brilliant...

Presenter: How would your teammates describe you?
Kilman: Big
Presenter: ?...?
Kilman: urm, yeah, big [shrugs shoulders]

Man of few words our Max; quite a contrast to Mr Coady's loquaciousness!!
Let your yes be yes and your no be no.

Max would make for an awful politician whereas Coady would thrive.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yazz ..the only way is up.....is the one that instantly reminds me of that time...

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The owner at Torquay has got a bit of previous. He has been instrumental in the demise of a couple of Speedway tracks - Reading and Swindon. The latter was supposed to have had a new stadium built before houses were built on the existing one, but the developers have bent the rules a wee bit.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That song always puts me in Eves for the 1988/89 player of the year party.
I was only 16/17 at that time....had a baby face they would never let me in Eves, tried loads.....when me mates went to Eves I had to stop in the claregate or somewhere where it was easier to get served .....

Had to retreat , across the car park a few times to bushbury working mens club after getting knocked back at Eves....dressed up the the 9s....

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like O'Neil has done a big interview with The Mail. Seems to be behind a paywall though.

On one of the Wolves fans' forums, there is a long thread of messages built around the theme of atonement. The missives, most of which express a mixture of gratitude, elation and relief about the way Wolves' campaign is developing, are grouped together under the title: 'The Gary O'Neil Humble Pie Safe Space'.

Together, they make up a gently self-mocking response to the stream of doubt and anxiety that rushed and gurgled O'Neil's way when he was appointed the club's new manager a few days before the start of this season. 'Having custard with my slice,' one contributor says. 'Got the oven set at 200 degrees,' another writes.

LOL

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Apologies if it’s mentioned elsewhere and hadn’t seen it but is there any logical reason that Wolves v Sheff Utd and Chelsea v Liverpool couldn’t have had kick-offs a further 30 mins apart so they don’t overlap seeing as they are both on Sky?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Apologies if it’s mentioned elsewhere and hadn’t seen it but is there any logical reason that Wolves v Sheff Utd and Chelsea v Liverpool couldn’t have had kick-offs a further 30 mins apart so they don’t overlap seeing as they are both on Sky?
I have been wondering this too, but can't think of an explanation. As the great sage Toyah once said, it's a mystery.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m surprised they didn’t move ours to 12.30

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our game was moved to 1.30 for Sky coverage. Leaving plenty of time for the League Cup game to kick off off at the scheduled 4.30pm.

The police did their usual thing of demanding an earlier kick off of no later than 3pm once the finalists were known. By this time the Wolves game was already moved once and it was agreed it would be unfair to the fans to move it again.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't seen this more complete version of events from that New Year's Day trip to Newcastle. Just popped up on suggested videos.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to say perhaps a little consideration for the match going fans and transport then l remembered that we were talking about Sky who only give a toss about armchair viewers.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think so. We bought him from Maidenhead.

I think there is a rule where they have to be here for 3 years under the age of 21 to count as homegrown.

I do say if Brighton signed Kilman for the same price we did it would be talked about a lot more in the press.

Max has already made it from a lad playing in non league and at uni to be captaining a premier league side 4 or 5 years later is a real fairytale.

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
I think there is a rule where they have to be here for 3 years under the age of 21 to count as homegrown.

I do say if Brighton signed Kilman for the same price we did it would be talked about a lot more in the press.

Max has already made it from a lad playing in non league and at uni to be captaining a premier league side 4 or 5 years later is a real fairytale.
He's come on leaps and bounds.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know why we don’t have more goal videos ‘from all angles’?
I really love them.

I’m guessing but surely it’s not a cost thing, is it? We have media people, give them the camera footage, do some editing etc and bingo……done.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something that has annoyed me for years is that our TV gantry is on the Billy Wright stand, looking directly at the away supporters.
I know it is probably impossible to do something about it, as the Steve Bull probably couldn't be adapted.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Caraboa final was originally scheduled for 4.30pm, but Met police wanted it moved amid concerns of potential clashes between Chelsea and Liverpool fans.

But that wasn't until late Jan, by which time, travel arrangements etc. would already have been made for our 1.30pm KO, so they decided to leave it as it was. But as you say, surely moving it by 30 minutes to 1pm wouldn't have made too much difference?

Strange one, but doesn't happen often.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody know why we don’t have more goal videos ‘from all angles’?
I really love them.

I’m guessing but surely it’s not a cost thing, is it? We have media people, give them the camera footage, do some editing etc and bingo……done.

They tend to reserve these for the more special goals, like Sarabia's touch and volley against Spurs.

I suppose the club open themselves up to outside ridicule by showing a relatively straightforward goal 'from all angles'.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought it was a club in England for 3 years to be classified as homegrown, not necessarily 'here' (at Wolves).

Back
Top Bottom