Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hypothetically speaking...

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if Docherty stays fit. That's the only weakness we have in the squad in terms of cover. Id rather we kept our money and spend it next season.
The League says it all. We have the strongest team by a mile without having to add any players and that's with a few injuries we have had with Costa and Boly. Neves is irreplaceable but N'Diaye and Gibbs White can step up.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like cover for the Doc -- and I don't mean a recall for Iorfa. That's the only real worry. I think that in N'Daiye and Gibbs-White (young as he is) we have adequate midfield cover for Saiss/Neves. We have plenty of good central defenders

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
RWB cover is needed and they know that. Was thinking about centre mid but after Alf's display against Swansea am a lot less concerned about that especially having seen MGW play there as well.

Re the "other" striker Pinamonti would definitely be welcome though not essential and any thoughts of Silva are way off in the summer. If he is a serious target I hope what's been doing the rounds is an indication that we are tying up a deal early so that it's a done deal before the World Cup.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This window will turn out to be more about getting rid of players who are surplus to requirements.

That’s a very healthy process.

If Mir is our only signing that’s fine by me.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think we will get another striker as an insurance policy.

D

Deleted member 4382

Even with an injury crisis, we have enough to get up.
Unless we sign players for next season, I’d keep what we have until the summer- we’ll attract a far better calibre of player once promotion is secured.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The league doesn't lie, Don't really think we need to add to squad. RWB cover would be nice though. But more than happy to stay as we are.

M

Mr Wolf

Personally if Phil doesn’t get fit I don’t think we’ll find the right sort of wing back available who will be any better than Iorfa/Marshall/Graham there unless we loan another up & coming/out of favour player from a Prem club.

It’s not ideal but Douglas could slot in with Vinagre on the left for a game or two.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yep, we have signed another striker. thats been everyones biggest gripe since the summer so surely we now have a complete squad. Bennett has fitted in ok at RWB on a couple of occasions as well

Reaction score
Agree with the majority, squad as is has shown itself to be good enough, Mir lessens the load up top on Bonatini now, Price/Evans/Prince have played about 4 games between them so won’t be a big miss. Doherty is the problem area, should he get injured or suspended, or tbh just run out of steam. Hard work 90 mins every game. I’d be disappointed if we don’t get right wingback cover, even if it’s just someone happy to be a squad player short term.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
RWB for me, not as worried about another striker with Bonatini/Cav/Mir in there, even if Mir doesn't work out (although Nuno knows his guys so I have no reason to think he won't)

So, in essence, I said the same thing as everyone else and offered no further insight

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends whether realistically our spare right wing back is going to be up and running soon. If he's close then I am happy. If he is not going to make it this season then No we need a replacement.

T

TurboTaco91

I would like us to sign another RWB. If Doherty gets injured we're goosed. Other than that we have more than adequate cover for each position.

D

Deleted member 4382

Could we recall Iorfa if needed?
He ain’t that good, but would be adequate cover.

W

wavidsmith

I hope we don’t sign Grabban, like touted today. I prefer the idea of young unknown players like Pinamonti and Mir coming in as back up.

As for the rest of the team, we only need a RWB to cover Docherty and I still think Graham could do this anyway.

U

Ulfhednar

If Rafa Mir was our only incoming transfer urging the January window, would you be happy with our business?

Yes, I've got total confidence we're going to do what we need to. So if no more I assume we must be fine, and I'd be happy without a talisman signing who would displace anyone, particularly Bonatini. But I think they'll sign one or two more anyway. I'm more interested in them converting loans to permanents.

Back
Top Bottom