Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise that in one post you have pointed out he’s played the equivalent of 19 games…. Then stated he’s been “flogged to death” !
What I was trying to say was that GON keeps him on the pitch, rarely subbing him when he's obviously (to me and I suspect others on here) cream-crackered. I know there are reasons - more forwards, please Jeff - but the downside of overplaying (in a match) forwards who tend to rely on bursts of speed, such as Neto and Hwang, is they pick up injuries. The main reason why Channy's only been able to play half a full season.

Compounded by the fact that playing time is now often in excess of 100 minutes per game.

Hope that's explained what I meant :)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those aiming to replace Hwang, I'd make two points;

Who we going to get to replace Hwang for the money we'd get? He's 28 and at his peak. Why turn our back on that and take a chance on a player being better in our system?

We should be supplementing the squad, which we already know is threadbare, not replacing players. We need to add to the likes of Hwang, Cunha, Gomes, Lemina and dare I say RAN. Not looking to replace them.

Hwang is not 'the complete striker'. If he was, he wouldn't be at Wolves. But for what he cost and for what we could sell him for; he's about as good as we could hope for. We spent 3 years getting him to where he is now, so selling him at this stage seems counter-productive to me.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not knocking them. FairPlay if they are travelling all that way to watch us or hwang (delete as appropriate)

Just highlighting that they are the ideal fan for the club nowadays compared to us “legacy” fans
Accommodating both would be ideal. Pack an extended south bank full of locals, targeting younger fans with big discounts both on a season and match by match basis, while selling to tourists at top dollar rates.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who we going to get to replace Hwang for the money we'd get? He's 28 and at his peak. Why turn our back on that and take a chance on a player being better in our system?

We should be supplementing the squad, which we already know is threadbare, not replacing players. We need to add to the likes of Hwang, Cunha, Gomes, Lemina and dare I say RAN. Not looking to replace them.

Hwang is not 'the complete striker'. If he was, he wouldn't be at Wolves. But for what he cost and for what we could sell him for; he's about as good as we could hope for. We spent 3 years getting him to where he is now, so selling him at this stage seems counter-productive to me.
Absolutely. And as unsexy as it sounds, retaining Hwang and adding a Che Adams on a free transfer will probably be more advantageous than selling Hwang for £15m and spunking £70m on Solanke only to flog him to death as well.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before the Asia Cup and the Klinsmann pre season he apparently gave them, he was genuinely in the mix with contenders for the Golden Boot. He's a player who if we create chances for he WILL score bucketloads, not every player needs to be able to create everything for themselves and play alone up front - forwards thrive on service and Hwang is probably the most natural finisher we have had at the club for years.

If he hadn't gone to the Asia Cup and hadn't gotten injured he would have beaten both Jota and Jimenez's best seasons for us (in PL) but would have still been classed as not good enough by some.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Hwang scores goals at the highest level, he must be kept. There will be no £40 or £30 million bids for him. Steve Bull was often quiet in games but would walk off with a couple of goals to his name.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jeez - there's always someone we have to lay into for "he's not this, he's not that" etc; what is it with our lot?

He's been very good since coming back; goals and chances, harrying & hassling. There's no one else I'd prefer at the moment to be on the end of things. As good a finisher as we've had in a long time IMO.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting conversation with a Luton fan when picking up our boy from school today - his view [he was at the game too; he's a pro football coach so you'd hope he knows his stuff] was that Hwang was amazing for us and was the player that won us the game cos of his runs in behind etc. He was raving about him. Not many players have got in behind us like that so consistently etc.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Absolutely. And as unsexy as it sounds, retaining Hwang and adding a Che Adams on a free transfer will probably be more advantageous than selling Hwang for £15m and spunking £70m on Solanke only to flog him to death as well.
This... and if he could get some consistency to his game as well, he should get closer to 20 goals a season, especially if the rest of our forwards could stay fit for 80% of the season...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The only reason to sell Hwang would be a stupid offer. If someone came in with £40M+ we'd really have to grab it.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang scores goals at the highest level, he must be kept. There will be no £40 or £30 million bids for him. Steve Bull was often quiet in games but would walk off with a couple of goals to his name.
100% agree. It is actually possible to keep a player every so often without constantly worrying about his sale value.

Back
Top Bottom