Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang Hee-chan

• Thread starter Deleted member 4456
  • Start date

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the look of this lad. Gerrr im in!

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the kind of signing we all craved in the summer.
Makes sense hits all the notes of what we look for. I trust he is utilised to be competing for Jota/Jiminez/Adama spot and can play anywhere in the front three

modenawolf

Reaction score
Håland is getting all the plaudits this season but Hee-chan looks very exciting. He made van Dijk look like a schoolboy with that goal against Liverpool.

As @Chiswick_Wolf mentioned, he does remind me a bit of Raul with his upright style and movement.

Would love us to take a punt on this kind of player, before he moves to a bigger team and his price gets even more ridiculous.

Think of the commercial opportunities in South Korea too...

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Looks real decent.....wouldn't mind both turning up though, reckon the height of Haaland would bring another dimension to us with what Adama offers with his crosses.

If Hwang does turn up he's going to put great pressure on Jota, Neto and Cutrone.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we continue with a front 3 it feels like competition and 2 for each spot across with the addition of Hwang

Left - Jota/Neto
Centre - Raul/Cutrone
Right - Adama/Hwang

With Hwang also as competition for the centre as well.

Looks to have all the natural attributes that suits our system with pace and skill, but works hard too. Will be 24 in Jan so coming into a period of his career where he would want to be playing

Not keen on the loan back idea though, we need him helping us in the Europa League not Salzburg!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
If we continue with a front 3 it feels like competition and 2 for each spot across with the addition of Hwang

Left - Jota/Neto
Centre - Raul/Cutrone
Right - Adama/Hwang

With Hwang also as competition for the centre as well.

Looks to have all the natural attributes that suits our system with pace and skill, but works hard too. Will be 24 in Jan so coming into a period of his career where he would want to be playing

Not keen on the loan back idea though, we need him helping us in the Europa League not Salzburg!

Could be there are eligibility issues if he does transfer to us.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be there are eligibility issues if he does transfer to us.
That's a really good point. If he's played in the Champions League for another side this season, does that make him ineligible to play for another side in all European competitions if he transfers, or just the Champions League. Would make the loan back angle make a bit more sense if he can't play for us in the Europa League, or at least why the player might prefer to wait

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
That's a really good point. If he's played in the Champions League for another side this season, does that make him ineligible to play for another side in all European competitions if he transfers, or just the Champions League. Would make the loan back angle make a bit more sense if he can't play for us in the Europa League, or at least why the player might prefer to wait

Salzburg are also now in the Europa League.....we could end up drawing them.

Have no idea how it works out.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm hoping that as the knockout rounds don't take place until Feb, if we bought him in Jan then his appearances in the CL won't matter and he can play for us in the EL, even if we draw Salzberg in the round of 32 he can line up for us against them!

However, reading the below from Wikipedia it seems that if Salzberg didn't drop in to the EL then he could play in it for us, but, because they have it means he'd be cup tied... I think

Representing a club in this fixture does not affect a player's eligibility in other UEFA competitions. ... However, if the first club switches into the same competition (e.g. transfers from the Champions League to the Europa League through finishing third in the group stage), the transferred player becomes ineligible.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After that performance at Liverpool, his price will have rocketed. This sort of player should be chased a year or so before coming into the light. His record prior to that game is excellent but nobody has ever heard of him.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like a potential shrewd piece of business - nuno has firmly gone back to the idea of 3-4-3 with what I would explain as adama's breakthrough year and also the need to adapt once more to the demands of the premier league. 3-5-2 was not allowing us enough width or attacking options.

Given this he would come in like many others are saying for competition in the front three

giving us the A choice - Adam, jimenez, jota and the B- neto, cutrone, hwang

Cant see us looking at midfielders yet - given that saiss, dendoncker, moutinho, neves can all play a part.

I would love an olmo who looks so sharp for Zagreb.

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like a potential shrewd piece of business - nuno has firmly gone back to the idea of 4-3-3 with what I would explain as adama's breakthrough year and also the need to adapt once more to the demands of the premier league. 3-5-2 was not allowing us enough width or attacking options.

Given this he would come in like many others are saying for competition in the front three

giving us the A choice - Adam, jimenez, jota and the B- neto, cutrone, hwang

Cant see us looking at midfielders yet - given that saiss, dendoncker, moutinho, neves can all play a part.

I would love an olmo who looks so sharp for Zagreb.
Yes this South Korean guy and Olmo would be perfect but sadly latter seems unlikely although a withdrawn striker cum attacking midfielder is a missing element in the squad for me.

K

Knocker Lite

I think he was part of the team that won the Asian games, so gets an exception from military service. Like Son did.
We have to find a way of signing talents such as Hwang Hee-chan as a first destination when they leave their home environment.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Adama has Adama pace.

According to one article I saw, Adama runs at 23 mph, the same speed as Usain Bolt at his fastest.
Its over one mph more than is closest rival.
Can someone please arrange a proper 100 metre time trial so we can discover how fast he actually is. A 60 metre trial would be good too. Surprised it hasn't happened before! I think he might just break 10 seconds for the 100 metres.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes this South Korean guy and Olmo would be perfect but sadly latter seems unlikely although a withdrawn striker cum attacking midfielder is a missing element in the squad for me.
It would be nice to have that player but I do not see how he would fit our 3-4-3 currently with our current front 3

moutinho long term replacement should be our big search

Last edited:

madwolf

Reaction score
Lots saying never heard of him. Think its the way its going to be. I doubt we are going to sign any household names but lots with potential who may go under the radar of other clubs. Because we have never heard of them doesnt make them a bad player.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The rules were changed last season.

Players can now play for two different clubs in the Champions League or Europa League group and knockout stages.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Can someone please arrange a proper 100 metre time trial so we can discover how fast he actually is. A 60 metre trial would be good too. Surprised it hasn't happened before! I think he might just break 10 seconds for the 100 metres.

Like this?

Pretty sure the Midlands heat first up was at the old Molineux... and Mark Burke may have been our entrant? He didn't do very well...

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool in for two of their players - because they played well against them.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he looked really good first half against Liverpool. Interesting link as it’s from Percy

article says release clause but also that we would be prepared to loan him back for the rest of the season which would be a bit odd

like the player though and has obvious market potential in South Korea too which I’m sure appeals

Edit: Looks like he can play in a front 3 and a 2 also that suits us, and has a goal every other game ratio in the Bundesliga and the CL. Looks a good deal all around if his clause is about £20M and his contract is up at the end of next season

I don't know where you got the ratio from but he's never played in the Bundesliga. Played in the second tier last season and got 2 goals in 15 starts and 5 substituted appearances.

Y

Yout85

I don't know where you got the ratio from but he's never played in the Bundesliga. Played in the second tier last season and got 2 goals in 15 starts and 5 substituted appearances.

The Austrian top division is also called the Bundesliga, which is what I believe Mr Kint was referring to.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, Sorry, just meant the Austrian one. Was a bit misleading. Not as impressive as having the same ratio in Germany but still not bad

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Earlier it was being said his fee would be 20 million, Iv just seen on Sky news Liverpool are interested in signing a Japanese player from Saltsburg, the fee 7 million, hopefully our guy is 3 times the player ;).

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's great to speculate where we'd play him etc etc, but to state the obvious, BUT not wanting to dampen everyone's enthusiasm:
Let's sign him first, which is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need defenders IMO.
Nothing against Hwang,but rather a good quality defender.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubtful. Adama is crazy quick, but breaking 10 seconds is world class sprinter crazy quick. I reckon he would be 10.2 ish

lycophilos

Reaction score
Lots saying never heard of him. Think its the way its going to be. I doubt we are going to sign any household names but lots with potential who may go under the radar of other clubs. Because we have never heard of them doesnt make them a bad player.
Yes, that isn't the Wolves', under Nuno, way of doing things - especially in a January window, which is a difficult time to do business. Any "household names" on offer at realistic prices in January will usually be players who, for some reason, are misfits in their present clubs, and may turn out to be misfits also at their new club. Remember Alexis Sanchez to Man.U., and Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Arsenal a few January windows ago? Neither transfer turned out well.

Which is why I feel many on this forum are putting far too much on this coming January. I would expect that the "statement/marquee" type signings which some seem to want, will not be made until the summer, if at all. Prepare then for a "disastrous" January window, with the very first loss, or even draw, in February or later, to lead to pantwetting threads claiming "vindication".

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Yes, that isn't the Wolves', under Nuno, way of doing things - especially in a January window, which is a difficult time to do business. Any "household names" on offer at realistic prices in January will usually be players who, for some reason, are misfits in their present clubs, and may turn out to be misfits also at their new club. Remember Alexis Sanchez to Man.U., and Henrikh Mkhitaryan to Arsenal a few January windows ago? Neither transfer turned out well.

Which is why I feel many on this forum are putting far too much on this coming January. I would expect that the "statement/marquee" type signings which some seem to want, will not be made until the summer, if at all. Prepare then for a "disastrous" January window, with the very first loss, or even draw, in February or later, to lead to pantwetting threads claiming "vindication".
Totally agree. Waste of breath though, as we will get the same message 40 times a day each, from the same people, telling us we need to sign eight world-beaters or the sky will fall down. Just like we did in the summer, and how right they were...

For what it’s worth, I thought Hwang looked like a cracking player the other night. Doesn’t matter whether we’ve heard of him before or not, really, does it?

I suspect we will at some point go for a relatively big name as a right sided centre back, but that position aside, I think the right approach might well be to keep signing very high quality / potential young players, who will be willing to fight their way into the first XI.

D

Deleted member 5962

Doubtful. Adama is crazy quick, but breaking 10 seconds is world class sprinter crazy quick. I reckon he would be 10.2 ish

Seriously doubt he could maintain his speed for 100m either. Hes too big.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but over 60 metres with a bit of coaching I reckon he would come up with a very fast time.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Seriously doubt he could maintain his speed for 100m either. Hes too big.
Bolt is the exception though, Sprinters are mostly built like Adama. It is all quick twitch muscle power inside of a couple of breathes.

R

reanswolf

At least if we sign this lad we have a ready-made song for him......................"Oh Hwang-hee, Hwang-hee...........Hwang-hee, Hwang-hee, Hwang-hee, Hwang-hee, Hwang-hee Chan :)-

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

During the NFL combine the players do a 40 yard dash. John Ross is the quickest ever to do it in 4.22 seconds which is ridiculously quick.

Before the Super Bowl Usain Bolt ran it in his trackies and a pair of trainers and ran exactly the same time as Ross. This is Usain Bolt with no warm up, out of season, not in peak condition and he strolled in.

There's no way any footballer is getting anywhere close to the top sprinters.

Back
Top Bottom