Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang-Hee Chan - buy or pass

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should Wolves turn Hwang Hee Chan's loan into a permanent transfer?
Hwang started great for wolves scoring four goals. Should wolves buy him in january or wait until the summer to decide?

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wait untill the summer, will give Neto time to return to fitness gradually, and see if Hwang can find and maintain form to justify his purchase.
Also gives time to see if Neto will move on in the summer and we need Hwang as a replacement for him.

As it stands i think the money could be spent elsewhere on the squad, as it's likely we will need to replace Moutinho as well as bring in the needed central midfield reinforcements.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With these deals I wonder if there is a financial incentive to make the purchase early?

ie: buy him in jan and get him for a million less than the summer?

If not I don’t see the point in doing it early.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve voted to wait till the summer. I think he’s a good player and can finish as already shown but I don’t think we’re doing him any favours playing him so wide and deep. I would like to see him in a two up top with Raul as they appeared to have an understanding developing earlier in the season but our game plan to play him so deep means he rarely gets close to Raul now.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No for me Unless a big improvement between now and the end of the season
I think for the money there is better out there

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
No for me Unless a big improvement between now and the end of the season
I think for the money there is better out there
I agree.Let’s hope you manages to score some more goals between now and then

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing I can’t fathom is how well he played when he first arrived and how he is playing now after a few months of being coached here.

Is it the ‘Wolves way’?

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Currently undecided.
The bigger issue is what wheeling and dealing needs to be done to give the manager the squad he wants.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve voted to wait till the summer. I think he’s a good player and can finish as already shown but I don’t think we’re doing him any favours playing him so wide and deep. I would like to see him in a two up top with Raul as they appeared to have an understanding developing earlier in the season but our game plan to play him so deep means he rarely gets close to Raul now.
Both he and Raul are deeper than the Mariana trench most of the time. It's one of the reasons we need a runner in midfield, so that they can pull the attack forward. As it stands ATM we typically end up getting deeper and deeper. Perhaps we should try a flat back ten? I reckon with Sa as rush goalie...

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I haven't voted, but I'm inclined to say buy him. Why? Because I think he's 'not bad' and if we go for someone else I think Shi & Sellers are likely to make an even bugger ****-up. Traore sold and three or four others to come in. Well, if it is Traore sold and Renato Sanches coming in, fine. If it is Traore sold, Keiffer Moore coming in and MGW/Sanderson back from loans, not so fine.

The failure to address the glaring holes in the squad for the last 4 or 5 windows gives me no confidence at all in the Shi/Sellers/Mendes approach. As someone wrote the other day, the best signing we could make in January is sacking Jeff Shi

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Make a decision in the summer. I've not been overly impressed with him, even when he scored those few goals I didn't think he was offering enough. Get him further up the pitch closer to Raul and then make a decision.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Make a decision in the summer

He’s gone from being great to a shadow let’s hope it’s temporary

Why pay more in January when the option to buy is in the summer anyway. Time he upped his game again

Saying that he is 10x better than Trincao!! So therefore Hwang is the one I’d sign

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Ever since his song at Palace he has become ****. All to do with his song. :oops:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto fit, who knows where Traore will be and whether Trincao blossoms. So wait to Summer and decide if winger, second striker or returned.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait until the summer but if I had to make a decision in January it would be thanks but no thanks. Lot of effort but poor touch and rarely beats a man. Might look better playing in a two closer to Raul with a creative player behind but as a wide forward he’s miles off what we need unfortunately.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
I would wait but I think for the money it's a good buy. As it looks like Traore is leaving either in Jan or the summer we'll need numbers. Raul, Hwang, Podence, Neto, Silva. Think we need one more as I wouldn't pay the money for Trincao.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the mo, send him back. Looks about as likely to score, as me in a club full of super models! His all round play has been poor of late, bad touches, no link up play, virtually no shots, etc. Needs a massive improvement. To be fair to him, don't think he's playing in the correct position. We need to see him in a more central attacking position, closer to Raul, with Podence behind them both, providing little through balls. Only then, can we judge Hwang properly. He does seem to work hard though.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's starting to look like the player I thought he was. I don't think he's good enough to be a key player for us and I'm not sure if I would want to sign him. But, we need wide players like him that can play wide but want to move centrally, link with Raul and can score goals.

It may be a case of signing him because I don't know who else we can get that's any better. We need a Jota type so bad.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s a bit like a forward version of Dendoncker. Provides good competition and back-up in a number of different positions, without necessarily being a regular first-choice starter in any.

Guess it depends just how tight money is as for the rumoured fee, I don’t think we’d get much better.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would sign him as a squad player, he can play out wide or up top and importantly is one of the few players we have who actually seems capable of scoring every now and then. £12m is peanuts in this day and age. I don’t think he has the quality to be starting all the time for us, but he’s a useful player to have in the squad, imo.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See how he does in next few games. His poor first touch is a big issue as it makes everything that follows much more difficult. If there’s no improvement I’d rather bring MGW back at the end of January and give him the opportunity to show what he can do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he keeps up his performances of the last 4 or 5 games then I most certainly would not be signing him. He has been invisible.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s 12 mil? If yes then vote no for me at the moment. Squad player on current t showing unless he improves.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait until the summer.

He’s gone off the boil in recent games and the chemistry with Raul is not quite right atm.

I like him but he hasn’t done a lot since scoring against Leeds.

I assume the transfer fee (I think £14million) will be the same in August as it will be in January so leave it until the summer.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for our international name I guess but not good enough to be a first choice at the moment. A good goalscorer would have done much better than he did when he was played through. Disappointing. Comes across as a nice guy. We need someone who can score. Desperately!

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe it is already a done deal and just waiting for January to file the papers.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. I think he would be better in the middle and Raul isn't getting any younger and we have nothing else.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Have to wait until the summer unless there's a massive financial incentive to trigger the purchase sooner. If Adama's contract negotiations continue to stall out we will have to sell him, so really we have to hang onto at least one of Trincao/Hwang or else our wing depth starts to look suspect. And I think all of us would prefer the much cheaper Hwang as of now.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The song should be changed to we think he might be alright. He definitely has a good agent.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see him in a two up top with Raul as they appeared to have an understanding developing earlier in the season but our game plan to play him so deep means he rarely gets close to Raul now.
Exactly this.

Raul desperately neefs support alongside him.

Hwang could be the answer, but we won't know until they get serious game time playing as a 2.

Back
Top Bottom