Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hurt

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere near as bad as Watford!

Peak team, outplayed Watford in a semi final at wembley with 2 minutes to go to a final.

Today - injuries galore and defensive **** up in a QF.
I was just resigned to it today. Had to leave the house after the VAR debacle to take the lad to the Stadium of Light. Plenty of good chances not resulting in goals and then Coventry scored.

Went through all the emotions listening to 5 live instead, as soon as Simms (briefly ex SAFC) got the second I said to my lad he'd get a third. Appreciate it was an assist for the last one rather than a goal tho.

Sitting through a 0-0 with QPR has put a bit of perspective on it and how well Wolves have done this season, all things considered. But it's unlikely we'll have a better chance of getting to Wembley again for a good few years.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Not a patch on the Watford one for me.

In fact, the thing that made me feel better today was saying to my son (and reminding myself) on the way out, 'that was gutting mate, but I can assure you it didn't sting anywhere near as much as that semi final'.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
This is no where near Watford for me. Since then when we 2-0 up in any game I expect us to throw it away.

Today is gutting and hurts but we were awful and the better team won. What hurts is that it is an opportunity wasted. Drawn at home against a championship side. On paper, it should be easy but that's football. We have a lot of key injuries to same area, fatigued players playing out of position. It hurts but Watford haunts me.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford was the worst I have ever felt supporting Wolves, and I watched all the rubbish, home and away, in the Bhatti era ( and yes, i did all 3 Chorley games). Today was damn well ****ing annoying, but nothing, absolutely nothing, was worse than Watford. I remember as soon as they equalised I had my head in my hands, slunk in my seat up in that top tier at Wembley for the whole of extra time knowing they would go on and win it.

Losing to Seville felt worse than today as that was a chance to get to a European Semi Final.

Its just that today, just like Watford, we did the hard work (Watford), got out of jail (Coventry)… then absolutely kicked ourselves in the knackers.

I swear someone upstairs is pulling the strings that all Wolves fans must suffer pain like this.

Whats that old saying… ‘always the Bridesmaid…’

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope and don't think I will ever experience anything as bad (in terms of one of games) as that Watford game was the perfect day up until that first Watford goal went in...

Today it might just be me... but annoyed? Yes, disappointed? Yes but nothing even close to how I felt after that Watford game! Win against Aston Villa and I will be happy again with how the season is going... Now if Coventry get a good draw in the next round that might change a little how I feel but there is some real strong sides left and even if we got to the semi final that would be a huge ask given Neto's long term injury and lack of options to rotate the squad....

Feel some underestimated Coventry one podcast I listened to made it sound like we were up against a league 1 or 2 side! We got fortunate against Fulham and with the attacking line up or lack of I must say I did have my doubts going into the game. Again that is no excuse for how we threw it away at the end but let's be real we deserved nothing from that game overall.

The better team won, time to have a break get the likes of Cunha, Dawson and Bellegarde back and go again starting against Villa!

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Nah, this one was more in line with this years United home game. Got ourselves in a position that we didn't deserve and then blew it.

Watford made feel physically ill. I think we've rode our luck on this cup campaign a fair bit, so it's sickening but I'll live

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were all over Watford for about 70 minutes. 2-0 lead, total control, Wembley semifinal.

Our strongest team was fully fit and with that we could give it a proper go against City in the final. Especially in that season, where the big project was really on.

It hurts to this day.

This time we're punching above our weight, doing wonders, and with injuries mounting up, I don't think we stood a chance of winning the whole thing anyway. Particularly with some big guns still in the competition.

It is a dissapointment but nowhere near as bad.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were all over Watford for about 70 minutes. 2-0 lead, total control, Wembley semifinal.

Our strongest team was fully fit and with that we could give it a proper go against City in the final. Especially in that season, where the big project was really on.

It hurts to this day.

This time we're punching above our weight, doing wonders, and with injuries mounting up, I don't think we stood a chance of winning the whole thing anyway. Particularly with some big guns still in the competition.

It is a dissapointment but nowhere near as bad.
Spot on.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No way do I feel as gutted as the Watford defeat.
We were 2 goals up, with a full strength side, only to sit back and let Troy bloody Deeney take the game into extra time, during which it felt inevitable we’d then lose.
Today, we were nowhere near the level we can play at and with Cunha, Hwang, Neto and Dawson missing, we just didn’t have anything left up front to give Coventry problems and retain possession to give the defence (which had an absolute off day), a breather. Taking over 5 days before the start of the season, GON has performed wonders to have us safe in the league in Mid March and it’s not his fault that near £80 million was spent abysmally on Sasa, Silva and Guedes.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For some reason this feels worse than Watford for me. At least with Watford we had already got to Wembley which is a prize in itself. We’ve been to Wembley once since I’ve been supporting Wolves (I’m now 43) and to be only three minutes from getting there again is gut wrenching.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way do I feel as gutted as the Watford defeat.
We were 2 goals up, with a full strength side, only to sit back and let Troy bloody Deeney take the game into extra time, during which it felt inevitable we’d then lose.
Today, we were nowhere near the level we can play at and with Cunha, Hwang, Neto and Dawson missing, we just didn’t have anything left up front to give Coventry problems and retain possession to give the defence (which had an absolute off day), a breather. Taking over 5 days before the start of the season, GON has performed wonders to have us safe in the league in Mid March and it’s not his fault that near £80 million was spent abysmally on Sasa, Silva and Guedes.
Whilst I agree shi and Fosun sanctioned those signings so that won't change next season. GON wanted a striker and he didn't get one . Our great club won't move forward with ifs buts and maybe.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter does it. Yeah I get wound up in the moment but ultimately it’s just a game. All will be forgotten in a couple of weeks.
You're right of course. When I was a babbie I remember actually shaking with nerves during big games. I remember crying (very discretely) after the Notlob game. And the Arsenal and Watford semis were gutting. But this was up there for me.

We were so close today. The atmosphere in the South Bank at 90 mins was electric, we were hugging each other, standing on chairs etc. And then that capitulation. Ugh, it was awful. That's why the FA Cup is great, it's the negation of that feeling that's brilliant.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Today was really disappointing but it doesn’t compare with Watford.
Leeds and Bolton were awful experiences,but Watford took it to a new level.
I was going to an FA Cup final with a chance of winning it, and then the whole dream was ripped up in front of us. Troy “flippin” Deeney was laughing at us, and the dream turned into a nightmare.
No , today just doesn’t compare.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must chafe against the overall sentiment here. That was much worse than Watford objectively. We were 2-1 up, at home, in the 95th minute, against a side 19 places below us in the league pyramid. It's a far worse throwaway than that day - at least Watford were contemporaries of ours that season and gave us a run for our money in the two league fixtures. Whether or not it will linger in the hearts as long remains to be seen, perhaps because our hearts have hardened from those giddily optimistic times. It probably took me fully two years to get that day out of my system.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I found a positive….Our wafer thin squad would have got annihilated on the spacious carpet at Wembley, now we won’t.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Against Watford, we were 2-0 up and dominant until the change of tactics.

Yesterday, the dominant side deservingly won despite us looking like we’d nicked it.

I am gutted yes, but the former will always be more painful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom