Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hunt at CM?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having flirted with both flanks have we possibly found his more permanent position for us now? Being as many wingers who when they get older and lose their legs abit do tend to move more central I think this is a good shout for Hunty.

Not only that, but he has the bite and tenacity to play there IMO. He could become a very handy player for us in that position and he can also pick out a pass and score a goal or two. He impressed me in this position at Arsenal and I wouldn’t mind him getting a run in the side there now. Not only that, but it also benefits Jarvis who can mark down left wing permanently, and makes way for either Hammill and Forde to nail down right wing.

L

Lukericho

i agree... until O'hara gets back and for me it should be jarvo and Hammill on the wing.. Hunt doesn't cut it for me no more

Reaction score
My personal preference for a winger is a pace merchant and/or someone tricky that can get past a fullback - Hammill and Jarvis can do this, Hunt can't really do either. If Milijas' appeal fails and we end up with a bit of a CM shortage maybe he could be used in there, but probably wouldn't want it to be a long term solution to our midfield issues.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do for us in the short term & while we play 4-5-1.

Long term if we're still playing 4-5-1; then the role behind the striker has to go to O'hara for me with I suppose 2 of Milijas, Edwards & Henry.

CM is an area we desperately need to strengthen.

T

TorontoWolves

I think he could play CM regularly. He's a bit like Edwards, gets around the pitch.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny really I posted here ages ago that Hunt would be able to play more central.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall, I understand that Forde is naturally left footed, even if he is currently playing on the right.

M

MonkeySpanner

I've put Hunt in midfield on a few team selections on here. Think he's done as a winger but would be a good player in the center of the park.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt isn't a winger. He may have been 2 or 3 seasons ago but he hasn't got the pace or trickery needed to play out wide. He certainly ain't the answer for cmf even in these straightened times. Like most of our 25 - a decent squad player.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt may have to play there on Saturday now. Could be a chance for Guedioura to show what he is made of.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A destroyer of opposition attacks and a destroyer of his own team's atacks, he does'nt discriminate fair play to him!!!

I suppose the question is, . . . . is it better for us that he lose the ball in a wide position or in a central position????????????

S

Shanghai Wolf

Hunt can pass, can tackle, can score important goals, take penalties and annoy the hell out of the opposition. He has to be our CM on Saturday.

How about

Hen
Zubar Johnson Berra Ward
Foley Hunt Henry
Hamill Jarvis
Fletcher

As mentioned elsewhere the idea of Gued Hunt Henry midfield is another Red Card in the making.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt can pass, can tackle, can score important goals, take penalties and annoy the hell out of the opposition. He has to be our CM on Saturday.

How about

Hen
Zubar Johnson Berra Ward
Foley Hunt Henry
Hamill Jarvis
Fletcher

As mentioned elsewhere the idea of Gued Hunt Henry midfield is another Red Card in the making.
Zubar is out, Foley is not fit. Stearman will be RB. Gued on right? Plus Doyle behind SF could be it?

P

Penk Wolf

As with his wing play, only against teams where he needs to battle. Hunt's good games are Birmingham, WBA and Arsenal, can you see a similarity in those games?

Back
Top Bottom