Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How would you finish the season?

sjonnie

Reaction score
What's so special/important about July? The season MUST be finished whenever. Next season can be sorted as and when. 1 thing at a time.

There is nothing particularly important about July per se - but realistically, how do you see this season's games being played out given the current situation and given that next season is due to start in August (or earlier if the EL qualifiers have to be played)? I could well be wrong but I can't see it being completed. If that was the case it would leave 3 options:
  • Void the season (unlikely and unpopular)
  • Freeze league positions, as is
  • Mathematical model to forecast likely outcome

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pack (in our case) immunity is going to be a valuable asset whenever football does resume. Imagine if the players have isolated well during the current period and so return without having had Covid 19, and thus with no immunity. Until there is a vaccine, which seems a long way away, just one person bringing the virus to Compton could mean we have to field very weak teams for a month or more. Clubs whose squads already have immunity would have a big advantage. I don't see a solution but it's another of many complications resumption will face.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think one of the problems is that by the time it all restarts Tottenham will have Kane and Son back, Utd will have Rashford back etc. With it being so tight in the battle for European places that could be a huge advantage.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think one of the problems is that by the time it all restarts Tottenham will have Kane and Son back, Utd will have Rashford back etc. With it being so tight in the battle for European places that could be a huge advantage.

Yes a lot of injured players will come back -Jonny, MGW is giving his back a good rest but I would be very disappointed if Traore doesnt get his shoulder sorted.

We are within touching distance of the CL why wouldn't we go for it ?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think 22people playing football is the same as 30000 people coughing spluttering and spitting is the same somehow.There will be a way to test players to see if they have it OR had it in the past in the next couple of months.Look on the bright side ffs.
no one persons life is more important than anothers. Those 22 people deserve the same safe guarding as the 30,000. That is why football will be cancelled

D

Deleted member 8913

Unfortunately the statistics show most countries flattening the curve except USA and UK...more deaths in Uk than China ..amazing.

Unlikely this will turn round quickly so I don’t expect football for several months.In those circumstances it’s hard to see any simple solution ....other than abandoning the season.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think they’ll void it. Said it will
Cost £762m penalty. So they’ll finish it somehow

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If no restart and new season doesn't start Burnley say they will run out of money by August .

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to The Mirror: Behind Closed Doors from June, has given tentative Green Light by the Government, PROVIDING the peak of cases is within the next couple of weeks as forecasted.

Premier League in advanced talks with Government over football return in June
Absolutely no chance of this happening, that's roughly 9 weeks away ? we are probably 2 weeks away from the peak, then say 4 more weeks flattening the curve ..... no chance. It's not just the 36 players involved...back room staff, officials , etc... and there will be idiots who try to get as close as possible to the action even it was shown on TV... just can't see this at all

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It should remain suspended until it’s safe to resume with supporters and then resume.

Everything else is pushed back and unnecessary gaps such as pointless international breaks are removed over the coming seasons and maybe the league cup dropped to eventually allow the season to return to the normal schedule over a number of years. We were going to have to disrupt the next few seasons anyway for the winter World Cup.

We’ve got 9-10 weeks of the season left, cutting out just friendly internationals for a year will give back probably around 2 weeks, if you keep qualification games. In two seasons, you’re half way there. Shave a week off preseason and the recently introduced mid-season break and add a mid week game or two in the early months which never seem to have any in the PL at least and you’ve pretty much moved it back in two seasons in terms of games.

Preseason is about 6 weeks, if they ditched the friendly club comps around the world they have now, that could be nearly halved. You then just need to plan those dates moving towards the usual windows as best they can over a few years with the winter World Cup giving a gap in the summer for a larger adjustment.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If say, they relax restrictions , and just for argument's sake the season recommences on this date, and we are allowed to go on 14th June....would you attend ? Because I'm damn sure I wouldn't !

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Open , due to be staged in July , has been canned
Football in June ? Forget it

BigSteve

Reaction score
I would lean towards voiding all competitions if we can't get the season finished this summer. No promotions or relegations. Qualification for champs and europa league as per 2019/20. We need to move on.

It sucks but whatever option is selected, there will be aggreived parties.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don´t see any chance of June either.
With a probable second wave of the chinese virus rolling in September..I don´t see any football being able to be played this side of New Year.
It´s force majeur as I see it..if not then prem clubs and their players should collectively pay the 762 Mill or whatever the sum.
1 Mill from each player in the Premier League and the clubs paying the rest in proportion to what they have got regarding TV deals.
Make the owners of the clubs pay as well.They are dirty rich anyways and could easily afford a mere 10 Mill each.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I don´t see any chance of June either.
With a probable second wave of the chinese virus rolling in September..I don´t see any football being able to be played this side of New Year.
It´s force majeur as I see it..if not then prem clubs and their players should collectively pay the 762 Mill or whatever the sum.
1 Mill from each player in the Premier League and the clubs paying the rest in proportion to what they have got regarding TV deals.
Make the owners of the clubs pay as well.They are dirty rich anyways and could easily afford a mere 10 Mill each.
I couldn’t help but read your opening line of your second paragraph in the voice of Del Boy Trotter:D

Back
Top Bottom