Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How would you finish the season?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I think you have to complete this season first. However, I don’t believe footballers should be treated any differently to the rest of the population (they too have family/elderly relatives to consider) so if that means this doesn’t get done until 2021 then so be it.

May subsequently mean that the 2021/22 season is only 19 games.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the worst is over and football starts again,I personally don´t want to see more of the 19/20 season.
I am for freezing the table as it stands now,and start afresh whenever that is possible.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is it fair to clubs doing well? Doubt Liverpool, Sheff Utd,Leicester, Leeds or Albion see it that way. Villa, West Ham etc. will want the season abandoned but its hardly fair, its most unfair.
I personally think the season has to be completed before we start the next, whenever and however it happens.

It's not fair, but it's the fairest considering that we can't complete the season.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not fair, but it's the fairest considering that we can't complete the season.
I'd argue that if we had to abandon the season the league would have to stay as is. Either way though the ramifications of not completing are major.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it will have to be completed eventually to protect the integrity of the competition, however this should only be done when we are confident we are outside of the pandemic. im happy to wait as long as it takes.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cancelling the Euros was clearly a good decision, if we have a window of opportunity to finish the CL and EL with only one game for the remaining rounds and the domestic leagues with shorter games in a reduced space of time then that seems the fairest way of deciding the outcomes.

if none of this can be achieved before what would be the start of next season then we could resume where we left off twelve months on as a worst case option.

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anything that doesn't see the season completing in full with people in the stands can be deemed as unfair in some way or another, but that it probably the least likely thing to happen.
unless you look at postponing the start of next season to give time. At the moment no one knows how long this crisis is going to last and it is safe for any of that to happen none of that can really be planned in detail, so that leaves looking to bring the season to some sort of conclusion by cutting it short in some way
what the most fair way to do that is difficult one

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let the under 5s take over. They can really make the positions their own.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one option restart the season whenever it is safe to do so finish the season, have a break before next season and depending on when that is look at changing next season so teams play each other once rather than twice (so only 19 games) (with some allocation to determine which are home and which are away based on finishing positions this season, so on paper teams got the same number of home and away matches against top and bottom teams (i.e. don't end up playing all the top teams away)

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
one option restart the season whenever it is safe to do so finish the season, have a break before next season and depending on when that is look at changing next season so teams play each other once rather than twice (so only 19 games) (with some allocation to determine which are home and which are away based on finishing positions this season, so on paper teams got the same number of home and away matches against top and bottom teams (i.e. don't end up playing all the top teams away)

I agree with the idea of finishing the season when it can be safely done, no matter how long that takes. In truth it isn't that important.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just finish the season behind closed doors in Nutural grounds as bin mentioned.Every game on tv,sky,BT,amazon,So as all the ones on a 3 month isolation have a fix....Simples.

D

Deleted member 4023

After being caught up in a feeding frenzy at my local asda - I reckon they should just have carried on with sporting events. Have never seen as many cretins in one place since my last visit to the poorthorns (& the blues) Not a thought of self isolation, fighting over tinned products now - all different age groups - was forced to abandon my shop - will probably have to go back later & stare at the empty shelves

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The FA just passed a rule to allow season to finish after June 1st...

...yesterday, unknown EPL team played a League One team behind closed doors...

...on radio someone in the know, said season could/would also be played out behind closed doors, with matches streamed live.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would I finish the season?
How about alive? Alive would be kinda ok, actually. And all who are important to me, and all of you readers and your families.
If the experts are even reasonably accurate, there will be deaths, all over the world.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Non contact? Social distancing in changing rooms? TV crews?
The players need to follow the advise too. The games must wait until this thing has passed

Small numbers of people in the open air is low risk.
They have nice cars and can drive themselves.
Get changed in the stands if needed. 20m apart
We used to watch MOTD with one camera
Get players isolated at home for 48 hours before and have them tested.

I realise that this is massive. And I'm not saying this because I want to watch football. It's that I think if everything stops, the misery of the recession will be devastating for a generation. Let's find ways to make things work.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After being caught up in a feeding frenzy at my local asda - I reckon they should just have carried on with sporting events. Have never seen as many cretins in one place since my last visit to the poorthorns (& the blues) Not a thought of self isolation, fighting over tinned products now - all different age groups - was forced to abandon my shop - will probably have to go back later & stare at the empty shelves
Howfen, Tesco has emailed all old uns to say they have a 'dedicated' shopping period 9 -10am , Mon, Wed and Fri. In line with this I went along at about 8.40 this morning and the shop was pretty busy but not too bad and I got everything on my list bar pasta and rice (not sanitizers!) By 9am, as I was leaving, they were queuing to get in! I know you're not an old un like me but I think if you can get to your supermarket say 1 hour after opening you may be ok. Stay healthy.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's strange but as the seriousness and the reality of all this kicks in, how the season finishes is starting to seem less and less important for me. I come on the Mix because there are some really knowledgeable people on here but I come on more to find out about the virus that I do to discuss football. This is sadly already becoming the new norm.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If we eventually re-start but after the intended season’s end I wonder if they will just hit the button and the fixtures will run in the same order as before or will Sky have a say to ensure cliffhanger deciders in some of the Divisions ?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the previous plan for a pandemic drawn up by the Coalition in 2011 it was stressed that sport continuing was an important part of the strategy to keep morale high.This seems to be implicit in the Southampton bods comments today.

Premier League could resume before virus restrictions are lifted – Southampton chief

May be way too optimistic tho.
This guy must be on some different planet to us. He says ' we could end up playing until 15th July'? So that assumes we will start again in May/June! According to the News tonight we are some 3 weeks behind Italy who I believe had 800 deaths today! So this idiot thinks that in a matter of some 8 weeks we can all kick off again. I'm convinced, unless we listen to the advice and stay home for several weeks, we may, God forbid, end up like Italy. The Gov't must feel the same as they've now recruited all the private hospitals and their doctors to the cause. I just can't believe people still can't see the seriousness of this virus and think that football (football!!!!!) will be ready to go again any time soon.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy must be on some different planet to us. He says ' we could end up playing until 15th July'? So that assumes we will start again in May/June! According to the News tonight we are some 3 weeks behind Italy who I believe had 800 deaths today! So this idiot thinks that in a matter of some 8 weeks we can all kick off again. I'm convinced, unless we listen to the advice and stay home for several weeks, we may, God forbid, end up like Italy. The Gov't must feel the same as they've now recruited all the private hospitals and their doctors to the cause. I just can't believe people still can't see the seriousness of this virus and think that football (football!!!!!) will be ready to go again any time soon.
It's going to get a whole lot worse before things show any sign of getting better.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the season is over. I cannot see any way that thousands of fans will be allowed to congregate any time soon.

And playing behind closed doors defeats the object.

Write the season off and give Liverpool the title, they deserve it.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's part of a strategy of trying to cheer us all up but it ain't gonna happen.

Just watched Sunday Supp -journos saying explosion of cases is due very shortly -resumption of this season middle of October at the earliest said one.Footballers getting ill all the time -four at Pompey ,Fellaini,Maldini.

Football in denial.

But come back it will ,starting with finishing this season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also everyone is guessing but finishing this season is fairest whenever that happens and then run a truncated 2020/21 and rejig 2021/22 so we end the season at the Qatar world cup.

W

WOMWOL

Also everyone is guessing but finishing this season is fairest whenever that happens and then run a truncated 2020/21 and rejig 2021/22 so we end the season at the Qatar world cup.
Agreed. Don't worry about next season until this one is done. If that's October or December then so be it. Truncate next season if need be or fit it all in before Qatar.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People who should know better are coming out about finishing the season in May or June when we all know there is no chance of that. I know it's not football related as such but I think if the Olympic organisers would get off their fence and postpone the Games that would send a massive message to all sports authorities that we must just wait this out for as long as needed. We're no where near the peak of this in uk and it may be that it will only start to be resolved when a vaccine is available and according to the WHO this is at least a year away. I said a few weeks back I don't think we'll see a football kicked in anger this side of Xmas; we're in this for the long haul.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People who should know better are coming out about finishing the season in May or June when we all know there is no chance of that. I know it's not football related as such but I think if the Olympic organisers would get off their fence and postpone the Games that would send a massive message to all sports authorities that we must just wait this out for as long as needed. We're no where near the peak of this in uk and it may be that it will only start to be resolved when a vaccine is available and according to the WHO this is at least a year away. I said a few weeks back I don't think we'll see a football kicked in anger this side of Xmas; we're in this for the long haul.

Agreed. I cannot see any possibility of any football for at least three months, and probably longer. Those on charge of football will have to decide what to do next, in conjunction with the football clubs, but I can envisage many smaller clubs sadly going out of business.

Back
Top Bottom