Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m really struggling to understand this.

I’ve just watched this again.

From the corner, there are 2 Wolves headers. Both of these were played backwards.

So, Nunes cannot be offside? Or am I missing something?
He can be offside when the ball is knocked backwards if he is coming back from an offside position.......he wasn't however coming back from an offside position, lino got it wrong but they 'didn't have a camera angle' to prove it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool should announce we won that game and do the honourable thing. What an absolute farce and disgrace our great game has become. Officials of our game hang your heads in shame.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing isn’t it there’s now video now of it!!!!!!

Liverpool were on the other side of a similar failure earlier in the season at the Emirates. Saka was later found to be offside in the build up to a goal, but during the game, there wasn’t a clear VAR camera angle, so VAR went with the assistant’s call, as they did today. In that case, the assistant didn’t flag it offside, so the Arsenal goal stood.

Seems to me that VAR isn’t as foolproof on offside calls as they often try to make out. Worse than that, they know it.

It also suggests that the assistant who flagged at Anfield needs disciplinary action.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool were on the other side of a similar failure earlier in the season at the Emirates. Saka was later found to be offside in the build up to a goal, but during the game, there wasn’t a clear VAR camera angle, so VAR went with the assistant’s call, as they did today. In that case, the assistant didn’t flag it offside, so the Arsenal goal stood.

Seems to me that VAR isn’t as foolproof on offside calls as they often try to make out. Worse than that, they know it.

It also suggests that the assistant who flagged at Anfield needs disciplinary action.
I think if VAR is going to be widely accepted as credible for onside, there must be permanent camera fixtures in the final third at either end, in every PL ground. There is absolutely no excuse not to.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why aren't we using the system in place from the World Cup?

Seemed pretty decent to me.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if VAR is going to be widely accepted as credible for onside, there must be permanent camera fixtures in the final third at either end, in every PL ground. There is absolutely no excuse not to.

In every ground where it’s used, there really should be VAR camera angles covering the entirety of the pitch, capable of having the offside lines applied. The fact there appear to be situations where there are not is seriously worrying and undermines what little integrity VAR still has. I actually don’t find it credible that there are areas of the pitch where this is not possible, but I can’t be bothered to dig through all the VAR decisions at Anfield to try and find examples where players in the corner areas were able to be checked.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In every ground where it’s used, there really should be VAR camera angles covering the entirety of the pitch, capable of having the offside lines applied. The fact there appear to be situations where there are not is seriously worrying and undermines what little integrity VAR still has. I actually don’t find it credible that there are areas of the pitch where this is not possible, but I can’t be bothered to dig through all the VAR decisions at Anfield to try and find examples where players in the corner areas were able to be checked.
At the world cup they had submit subtle measurements along the side of the pitch for making pitch straight line measurements.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They both infuriate me.. but the Salah one probably more. How can he not be interfering with play if Toti’s actions are entirely because of him.. if that’s the actual rules, they need changing.

Our goal.. well he looks onside, but there isn’t a definite angle.. so plausible deniability.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict threads.
Nunes is not offside. When the ball comes off Hwang's bonce, TAA is playing Nunes onside.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just in from the game. Was brilliant and after the Jonny toenail and VVD basketball decisions I shouldn't be surprised, but it would be nice to come away from Anfield without feeling we've been robbed just once in the age of VAR.

I'm Mr Cautious on a goal celebration, always check the lino if in doubt, but there wasn't a thought in my mind of offside. Also when he gave it the whole bench seemed to know it was wrong.

To be fair it's not really the ref's fault, unlike countless fouls on our players he missed.

So it's all slightly spoiled what should have been a great evening. Still revenge will be sweet.

Bullyboy

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm so disgusted I can't sleep. Never did I think I could give up on football but God its getting close. I'm just sick n tired of the bias. #varout

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's offside, then 90% of goals scored in the second phase from corners are offside. Where is the corner taker supposed to go? Hang out in the bar for 10 minutes?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the videos of various bits tonight - absolutely disgusting officiating. As for our non goal, the linesman didnt flag straight away so surely should have just left it to var? And as for var...

And the traore stamp, and salah's goal, and numerous blatent fouls missed. 3 games in the last 4 we've seen horrendous officiating.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Game is corrupt to the core. It all starts with FIFA. On the bright side, all that corruption and LiVARpool's first 11, couldn't beat our boys, who made all of us of an old gold persuasion, so proud of our football club tonight. We MUST finish the job off at Molineux to ensure football is the winner.

AntonusKlesk

Groupie
Reaction score
The real question is is there anything that can be done about the slew of awful, at best inept, at worst corrupt decisions from tonight?

It seems when these things happen there are no consequences, or route to pursue complaint. Unless that is possible behind closed doors by the club?

Tonight was a transparent farce. Thumb on the scale for Liverpool wherever it was deemed possible to get away with. Undermines the competition and makes the fans wonder what the point of showing up is if you're fighting an uphill battle against the officials.

I'm not aware of any action being taken around things like this in the upper leagues, but surely there is enough on show tonight, particularly with the other angles that have come to light since to warrant investigation and recompense.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the foul on Cunha at the end may have been a pen

Was definitely a foul. Not given. We had 3 or 4 terrible decisions like that in the final 10 mins.

I thought the ref had done a decent job for most of the match, other than the odd Salah goal decision. But then that final 10 mins with the match at 2-2. He gave a blatant display of home team bias. We got nothing in that final 10 mins, he did everything he could to help Liverpool win.

If there's no bias, how come we are never ever discussing how Liverpool/Man Utd got some crucial decision against them while playing some underdog? Never. It's always a debatable decision in their favour.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's disgusting the decisions tonight. Liverpool player has contact on the goal that got ruled out. Salah is offside for the ball to him. There are camers angles that can show the clear contact from a Liverpool player for our goal that got ruled out.

Back
Top Bottom