Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the salah goal is not offside is ludicrous

Absolutely zero common sense

And don’t get me started on our winner.

If Liverpool had any decency about them they would let us go through and forfeit the replay.

That linesman and Mike dean should be put down. Cheats

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch a few other sports and other than pre Hawkeye cricket I can’t think of another where officiating continues to be so questionable with no discernible consequences for the officials making the shocking decisions.

In the NBA they will review controversial calls and the NBA itself will confirm if a decision was incorrect. It’s great for transparency. Tennis will show the review and call it, cricket and rugby you can listen in to the decision making process and see all they can see. Why are we not afforded the same as paying fans? (I know why)

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict threads.

The Toti one is fair enough, it is ridiculous but it is the rule. The second one we can clearly see Nunes is onside.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict threads.
Im sorry but when the ball left his foot salad was in front of his opponent. Thats called offside. Thats a rule!

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to the original question.

It would not surprise me at all if, in twenty or thirty years time, there is a BBC or tabloid expose on the Premier League where well known individuals, players and officials then conveniently dead or ambulatory, are named, and VAR match-fixing is fully exposed. Manure used to get the benefit of Fergie time, Liverpool have always enjoyed a ridiculous number of penalties at Anfield, etc. but VAR, **** me VAR has clearly been monetized and that SHOULD be absolutely lethal to the credibility of the Premier League and FA.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I was looking to your knowledge of the rules. If both our headers are backwards (which I think are), then Nunes cannot be offside?
There is footage to show Nunes was actually onside when the ball came back to him.In cricket if a decision is referred to DRS the umpire gives a soft signal ‘out/not out’ in case DRS fails.
The AR’s flag was the soft signal yesterday in the absence of VAR but if he hadn’t flagged it would have been given unless Dean had looked and looked before he found something.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
When the ball is played through to Salah in that instance Salah IS in an offside position, then Toti gets his head to it but it falls to Salah no Salah is not offside from Toti's touch, but he IS offside when that ball was first through to him, @Jonzy54 please explain how Dean allowed that goal to stand.
Our 3rd goal by Toti they say they had no camera angle on Nunes who was probably offside so they stay with the linesmans decision, I simply refuse to believe that when they have cameras covering everywhere with people picking there nose and scratching there ****.. VAR is either not fit for purpose or the people on VAR are biased....
Standing in an offside position is not actually an offence but should be given if it impacts on play or influences a player attempting to clear the ball.No it wasn’t a deflection but Toti couldn’t just duck and hope for the best ,he had to go for it
If Madley/Dean had chalked it off ,other than Klopp moaning post game it would have soon been forgotten .As it is it remains a bone of contention and just like Kilman’s hand ball at Leicester 3 seasons back could lead to a change of law interpretation.We could well be the guinea pigs again
Just my take on it .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The morning after and I am still scratching my head about that decision. Howard Webb needs to explain it to a simpleton like me.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the Moutinho handball at man city ? The non Neto goal at Anfield? The traore “dive” that was a penalty at Arsenal? The push on Toti at Anfield last season? The handball against United in the cup?

That’s only against the big 6, I’m sure I’ve missed plenty tho

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im not a fan of calling corruption every time a decision goes against us and i honestly dont believe there is any
I do believe certain officials have bias toward certain teams though
Last night their goal was correctly given by VAR in the rules as they stand which are ridiculous
As for our "goal" i just give up trying to explain why it was disallowed
The linesman doesnt flag till we score as far as i can see why not?
There are no camera angles to overturn the decision why not?
It was not offside simple and the linesman for whatever reason made a mistake
When all the pundits and commentators agree we were robbed and even Klopp looked embarrassed you know theres something wrong

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t really got anything further to add to this thread but feel like I need to at least post something for the purposes of my mental health as cannot stop thinking about the ludicrousness of last night.

On the Salah one too, the ball was in the air for at least 2-3 secs, please explain why the linesman didn’t flag during that moment, given the extent Salah was off.

As for the Nunes one, my personal view is the lino flagged because he thought Toti was off. Corrupt or incompetent, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Dean has then reviewed it, realised what a clanger had been dropped, but then doubled down using this ‘no camera’ as an excuse.

Absolutely despicable decisions.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and realised we had won 3-1, then reality kicked in and read we drew 2-2.

Can someone tell me if I was dreaming!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Salah goal I genuinely don’t believe should have stood. To the letter of the law Salah isn’t offside as the ball didn’t get to him, but Toti doesn’t know that and does what is expected of a defender and attempts to clear. Salah then gains an advantage from standing in an offside position.
It isn’t as if Toti was trying to play it back to the keeper, he was attempting to clear it as he had an attacker in his area of the field, a player that was making a move to receive the ball. The whole decision stinks.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just in from the game. Was brilliant and after the Jonny toenail and VVD basketball decisions I shouldn't be surprised, but it would be nice to come away from Anfield without feeling we've been robbed just once in the age of VAR.

I'm Mr Cautious on a goal celebration, always check the lino if in doubt, but there wasn't a thought in my mind of offside. Also when he gave it the whole bench seemed to know it was wrong.

To be fair it's not really the ref's fault, unlike countless fouls on our players he missed.

So it's all slightly spoiled what should have been a great evening. Still revenge will be sweet.
I think that's the sickener is that the trips to Anfield seem to at a ratio of 1:2 involve Wolves missing out to a jammy decision.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watch a few other sports and other than pre Hawkeye cricket I can’t think of another where officiating continues to be so questionable with no discernible consequences for the officials making the shocking decisions.

In the NBA they will review controversial calls and the NBA itself will confirm if a decision was incorrect. It’s great for transparency. Tennis will show the review and call it, cricket and rugby you can listen in to the decision making process and see all they can see. Why are we not afforded the same as paying fans? (I know why)
Say what you like about American sports but the officiating is absolutely levels above anything that over here can produce. Everything is checked thoroughly so that the ruling is correct.

NFL a solid example the other week, for the team I follow, Bills. 2 point conversion, Josh Allen goes charging over the top to score, not sure if it was made, fumbles and team recovery. The video gets on it and checks all possible angles to see if Allen had actually scored (which he did), time taken to make sure the right decision is made and it's communicated to the crowd all the time. When the decision is finalised it's announced to the crowd to all here and the game goes on.

England? Sorry mate, we don't have an angle or the will to check, please keep watching.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
VAR & the fa have a lot to answer for
Agreed, the issue is they have no one to answer to.

The lack of transparency in officiating is truly sickening.

Mic them up, live feed the VAR view.

Their secrecy just breeds corruption, that game last night was an absolute shambles on a refereeing front, it should be reviewed, all those involved brought to account and suspended, retrained or simply struck off. The goal should stand, Liverpool should be informed and should be asked if they stand down from a replay.

None of that will happen. The PGMOL will close theirs doors and hide behind their ignorant and arrogant nature.

Corrupt!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big 6 bias was on full display last night, a game I wasn't that bothered about turned in to one I was absolutely fuming over thanks to what no one can deny was biased decision making, as once again if roles were reversed neither of the decisions would have gone our way.

Salah's goal, yes Toti heads the ball, and there's a law that says it's legal, but is the interfering with play rule not a thing anymore? Toti doesn't have to go for that header if Salah doesn't move into an off side position, so he's interfering, and that should over rule the other law

Nunes clearly wasn't off side, why did they flag when goals are checked by VAR anyway? And I'm pretty certain a Liverpool player touched the ball before it came back to Nunes, so this decision contradicts the one that allowed the Salah goal

All I can say is Mike Dean, you're a ****, and so are all the other members of PGMOL, absolutely useless and bordering on corrupt

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s see Howard Webb put his money where his mouth is and he can start by sacking that incompetent cheating **** Dean.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Explanation... didn't have the correct camera angle!! Mmmmmm makes you wonder.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been looking at other clubs fans forum and there is one striking similarity on all of them. That similarity being that something was very wrong last night.

I have been a football fan all my life, but now I don’t recognize the game that I love. VAR has destroyed the heart and soul of this once great game.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t really got anything further to add to this thread but feel like I need to at least post something for the purposes of my mental health as cannot stop thinking about the ludicrousness of last night.

On the Salah one too, the ball was in the air for at least 2-3 secs, please explain why the linesman didn’t flag during that moment, given the extent Salah was off.

As for the Nunes one, my personal view is the lino flagged because he thought Toti was off. Corrupt or incompetent, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Dean has then reviewed it, realised what a clanger had been dropped, but then doubled down using this ‘no camera’ as an excuse.

Absolutely despicable decisions.
This is why we need the unedited audio released to show why they disallowed it. Won’t hold my breath.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the Moutinho handball at man city ? The non Neto goal at Anfield? The traore “dive” that was a penalty at Arsenal? The push on Toti at Anfield last season? The handball against United in the cup?

That’s only against the big 6, I’m sure I’ve missed plenty tho
Pogba’s red card against Neves that led to the Man U goal.

Back
Top Bottom