Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Player in an offside position gets a goal because of semantics. Player in an onside position has one disallowed because of semantics. In no way, is that good for the game.

The officials were clearly biased in this game. So many pushes, fouls and legs left in against us not given. They did all they could to sway that in Liverpool's favour.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
TBF Salah’s goal is legit. I think it’s a flawed rule though, as if he’s not there Toti Gomes doesn’t stretch for the header.

Pretty annoyed by the ruling for our third though. You either have VAR working 100% for all angles on the field, or you don’t have it at all.

Can’t help but feel there would be significantly more uproar in the press tomorrow if that ruling cost Liverpool than we’ll likely see.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There has to be an investigation there. Surely. Panorama time. I'd also like to see retrospective action against Robertson, the little gob****e. Hurdling a player at a run and missing, vaguely understandable. Stepping over them slowly and missing, while one of your team-mates is already in attendance, is just trying to put the boot in someone on the sly.
Hope he falls down the stairs tonight.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The latest from the commentator was nunes was offside but there was no camera to see it so he had to go with the official? Is that the best they can come up with
I’m really struggling to understand this.

I’ve just watched this again.

From the corner, there are 2 Wolves headers. Both of these were played backwards.

So, Nunes cannot be offside? Or am I missing something?

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I inderstand Salah's gosl, even if i think it's a stupid, stupid, stupid rule. But i see nooooooooooo reason why ours was disalllowed. *******s *******s *******s. Very mad. Well played the boys

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The latest from the commentator was nunes was offside but there was no camera to see it so he had to go with the official? Is that the best they can come up with
But there are literally dozens of cameras at games in fact one at Anfield a couple of seasons ago spotted Neto’s toe in an offside position. ****ing corruption pure and simple

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love wolves but that disallowed goal and other standing just doesn't make sense. Really start to think what's the point in watching football now . It makes no sense at all to me and just makes the whole game tonight feel pointless .

When we played amazing

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst thing is we don't know why it was given offside. The crowd, the players, the viewers, we don't get an explanation! What other sport would fail to provide any transparency whatsoever? A joke.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really struggling to understand this.

I’ve just watched this again.

From the corner, there are 2 Wolves headers. Both of these were played backwards.

So, Nunes cannot be offside? Or am I missing something?
Backwards doesn’t matter. I’m more annoyed about this no camera angle *******s.
Don’t get me started on the Salah goal, I know it’s the law but not convinced it’d be given the other end.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That must be a recent change, what about off an opposing player?
It's not, it's always been the case. You can't be offside if your body is behind the ball, though. Deflection off the defender = offside, deliberate attempt by the defender to play the ball = onside, assuming the attacking player in question wasn't interfering. That's the issue that Toti had with the second goal.

Back
Top Bottom