Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref who signalled the linesman to put his flag up is not even looking at Nunes there and is looking at the ball as you’d expect.

Smells bad this decision. Nunes stuff seems to be made up after the event. Would love them to publish an audio of the VAR ruminations.
Quite. The alibi doesn’t stack up and that’s the tell it’s a stitch up. This is the moment. I’m certain of it.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes lino flags ridiculously late if the decision is for Nunes not Toti Gomes. Seems to me lino has flagged for the latter, and replays and VAR have cobbled together the reason to rule it out.

Truly ridiculous decision.
The thing is if he flagged for Nunes why didn’t he flag straight away, as that’s not normally a situation where they would delay the flag, i.e. not an imminent goal chance. It all stinks.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew they’d changed that offside rule, how can I know that and yet not one of the officials did ffs?

And the offside is just hilarious. No doubt it was tight but no VAR for that particular passage of play?

Just **** off, cheats.

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
In answer to the OP question - IMO it is without doubt extremely corrupt.

There have been so much evidence since VAR was introduced that is obviously there to ensure the FA and the Premier League get their favourite teams to win matches.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's poor all round -failure to have camera in the right place and a dubious rule -but corrupt ? No I don't think so ,our media would be all over it if it was,but you can understand why those who believe in conspiracies overlook the obvious explanation =-that there are still too many **** ups when VAR was meant to eliminate them .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Throw in the ****ing tv pundits too acting like it’s all fine and the correct decision was made. ****ing clowns.

Not a surprise when it is Liverpool and also ITV coverage and commentary was a total disgrace. The biased views and tones were blatantly obvious throughout the game. The game is turning into a disgrace with the media love in for so called top six. They were banging on about the lad Liverpool have signed all night when RAN looked miles better but hardly anything on him or Neves amazing passing forwards. The media love in with top six sides is ruining the game in this country and will only get worse. ITV are a joke.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's also not forget that for our first goal, Jimenez was tackles from behind. It should have been a free kick and a booking.

Nothing. Obviously worked against the cheating ****ers.

Are we also meant to forget before the corner was taken by Nunes scored, there was a ****ing camera right next to him looking over his shoulder?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Posted on this on the verdict thread.... to me Robertson looks where he is planting his feet and trys to make it look like an accident.

Hardly anything was mentioned on TV about this and it didn't have a VAR check despite the dangerous play.

If this had happened to Salah, Kane , Rashford etc there would be uproar.

What a ****ing ****. Lets make sure we give the dirty rat a nice welcome at Molineux. Adama should be made aware of this.

Gasman

Reaction score
We the fans need to take action to remove VAR from our game - it will hurt us in the short term but we must do it (assuming this is the view of the majority).

the way to do it would be to boycott TV games - we know from the pandemic that games in empty stadiums aren’t attractive to broadcasters. I would be happy to do it - but would everyone else ?
What about mass turning round and not watching the match?

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s funny, I’ve never given any time to this ‘corrupt’ stuff, always just put it down to human incompetence - but tonight feels different.

There’s just too much here that doesn’t make sense. It’s not just ‘bad’ decisions. How do they not follow the rules for Salah’s goal? How can they claim VAR didn’t cover that area of the pitch?

It’s all so odd and it really really stinks.

Back
Top Bottom