Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How corrupt is football?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salad was offside in the build up but his goal was allowed to stand

Toti was offside in the build up but ours was disallowed

why?

corruption is the only word
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict threads.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They went with the AR’s decision
Which was wrong John ... cos both our headers from the corner played the ball backward. Watch it again. Or am I missing something?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not one for conspiracy theories. I just want to know why there wasn't a camera angle showing it when in every Premier League ground there seem to be 2 or 3 angles VAR can use, but suddenly we don't have one.

How long wasn't it available? Just for that corner? For longer? The whole match? Was VAR available at the other end of the pitch? I don't want to put it down to corruption, but something has gone wrong just like that Hawkeye failure that happened at Villa a couple of years ago. The PGMOL needs to give a proper explanation.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti by playing the ball played him on. It's a rule! Toti wasn't offside, Nunes was when he got the ball back after taking the corner. Get your facts straight before starting a thread. It's been done to death on the Comms/verdict thread
Nunes was not offside though. That’s the whole point.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the ball is played through to Salah in that instance Salah IS in an offside position, then Toti gets his head to it but it falls to Salah no Salah is not offside from Toti's touch, but he IS offside when that ball was first through to him, @Jonzy54 please explain how Dean allowed that goal to stand.
Our 3rd goal by Toti they say they had no camera angle on Nunes who was probably offside so they stay with the linesmans decision, I simply refuse to believe that when they have cameras covering everywhere with people picking there nose and scratching there ****.. VAR is either not fit for purpose or the people on VAR are biased....

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Backwards doesn’t matter. I’m more annoyed about this no camera angle *******s.
Don’t get me started on the Salah goal, I know it’s the law but not convinced it’d be given the other end.
Absolutely it wouldn't be, they would say the player standing offside is interfering with play as the defender has to try to stop the ball reaching him.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But there are literally dozens of cameras at games in fact one at Anfield a couple of seasons ago spotted Neto’s toe in an offside position. ****ing corruption pure and simple
But you don’t need any other camera angles to see that both our headers from the corner were backward. So, Nunes cannot be offside?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No camera angle so let’s disallow a goal against a big six

Case proved your honour

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
= we cheated, but you can't prove it.
I think one might be able to. Tonight could be a turning point. I’ve had mad Red friends texting me saying they don’t know why offside was given.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There has to be an investigation there. Surely. Panorama time. I'd also like to see retrospective action against Robertson, the little gob****e. Hurdling a player at a run and missing, vaguely understandable. Stepping over them slowly and missing, while one of your team-mates is already in attendance, is just trying to put the boot in someone on the sly.
Hope he falls down the stairs tonight.
Pretty sure Robertson’s studs on Traore wasn’t an ‘accident’. I wasn’t surprised VAR/Dean didn’t look at it.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure Robertson’s studs on Traore wasn’t an ‘accident’. I wasn’t surprised VAR/Dean didn’t look at it.
It was nothing like an accident. As said, there wasn’t even any reason for him to be over there, never mind being in such a hurry that he HAD to ‘attempt’ to step over Traore and miss.
Genuinely wish him harm for that kind of snidey crap. Ideally Adama nails him in a perfectly fair 50/50 and it’s a season ender for him.
Guarantee that would be subject to closer look were the short colours reversed. Not like anyone can so easily bat away suggestion of VAR bias today is it?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Posted on this on the verdict thread.... to me Robertson looks where he is planting his feet and trys to make it look like an accident.

Hardly anything was mentioned on TV about this and it didn't have a VAR check despite the dangerous play.

If this had happened to Salah, Kane , Rashford etc there would be uproar.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bias is obvious. Only question is why?
Is it blatant corruption or is it due to the more servere pressure on refs by the bigger clubs?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one thing ruining the unmatched joy of seeing your team score a goal. But when you can't even get/guarantee correct decisions, what is the ****ing point?

It's unreal at times how we've let this happen. I'd give so much to have the real sport back. Genuine in the moment mistakes, it's part of the game. This *******s is the worst thing that's ever happened to football. And anyone who defends it in any capacity is part of the problem.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The decision for Salah's goal was correct, even if you don't like the law. (I'm sure we benefitted from it a couple of seasons ago actually.)

The decision for Toti's looks wrong, but it's not Mike Dean's fault if there's no camera to check. (I don't think there were that many cameras: I couldn't believe we didn't get reaction shots of Klopp every five seconds).

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Which was wrong John ... cos both our headers from the corner played the ball backward. Watch it again. Or am I missing something?
I am not agreeing merely stating what they did

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
W

WasStefan

The decision for Salah's goal was correct, even if you don't like the law. (I'm sure we benefitted from it a couple of seasons ago actually.)

The decision for Toti's looks wrong, but it's not Mike Dean's fault if there's no camera to check. (I don't think there were that many cameras: I couldn't believe we didn't get reaction shots of Klopp every five seconds).
It changed this year:

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not agreeing merely stating what they did
I was looking to your knowledge of the rules. If both our headers are backwards (which I think are), then Nunes cannot be offside?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salad was offside in the build up but his goal was allowed to stand

Toti was offside in the build up but ours was disallowed

why?

corruption is the only word
Well, the first one is a rule. A stupid rule, but a rule.

The second one? I have no ****ing clue.

W

WasStefan

I was looking to your knowledge of the rules. If both our headers are backwards (which I think are), then Nunes cannot be offside?
Misconception. The player receiving has to behind the ball, nothing to do with ball direction. You can be offside having received a pass played backwards

Back
Top Bottom