Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hopes For Next Season

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Total rebuild of the forward line. Without that, it will be a 4th consecutive season of being rock bottom scorers, depending on grinding out draws and 1 goal wins via last ditch defending and 11 men in our penalty area.

We aren't anywhere near good enough to win anything. Need to start laying the foundations for longer term success, similar to what Nuno did before it was ripped apart.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be the surprise team and finish top 8, possibly Europe places.

Revolution under JL for a more progressive and possession based game.

More goals.

Cup win.

Aim for the stars and might reach the moon. Aim for the moon and will probably reach the gutter.

Isn't over-ambition one of the most common reasons several clubs have gone from steady Premier League , to crashing to League 1?

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I would like to see a few things.

-A midfield that is settled and if we play 3 this being Gomes, Nunes and B.Traore.

-A goalkeeper that I feel confident in

-Passing the ball quicker and forward.

-us to be play 10 yards further up the pitch with a higher tempo.

-Forwards and attacking player who actually look like they have played together before and look threatening.

-A style of football that is identified each week

I hope these will happen after a preseason with JLO. He has 3 months to implement his style of play properly. Hoping for more from him and the players.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get rid of the dead wood and replace them with better and keep Neves and Traore

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With only 31 goals scored this season: sort out the attacking line!

Anything after that is a big bonus.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
We need to improve the goal scoring,but there is no way we are going to become a free scoring attacking side under Lopetegui. He will make us more solid at the back, and if it works out well,the scoring and number of chances will improve, but no chance of us scoring loads of goals. I hope I‘m wrong.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The search for the holy grail will continue... a striker, preferably two, who can score goals and ease the pressure on the team. Every team is after that vital cog in the machinery and it is what separates the top half from the bottom half. It will be difficult to do but 31 goals in 37 games shows the extent of our problem. Can we do it? Only if we are brave and only if we have a fully functioning midfield and defence and there are serious questions in that regard.

Hope: Top 10
Expectation: Top 12
Reality: 12th to 15th

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What are people’s hopes / expectations for where we should aim to finish next season?

To play entertaining football, and score more goals - especially at home. The crowd needs be entertained after back to back poor seasons.

To finish comfortably midtable/top half, without any fear of being in a relegation battle.

Some new exciting young blood to come into the team and give us something to get excited about.

The old guard may be leaving but it doesn’t mean the future isn’t bright. We just have to get it right this summer.

Trust in Lopa.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
as with Nuno give our team an identity and that is whatever Julen wants it to be.he will start the new season with hopefully his players and as importantly a level playing field,i.e not at the bottom of the league.sort out the goal scoring dilemma,i would bring Fabio back and make him feel special and make him our number one striker,then we can play with a little more intent especially away from home.also as has already been mentioned a squad who want to be here and make us and the team more successful for the right reasons and not to play for a move for themselves

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The amount of money in the game has taken a lot of the fun and romance out of the game for me. My main hope for Wolves next season is that we avoid relegation. A suçcessful season would be similar to what we achieved under Nuno, culminating in a place in Europe. A cup success would be monumental.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like goals next season.

I genuinely think we’ll push for Europe as long as Julen Lopetegui is at the helm. And for the to happen he will need to be backed again to build the squad he wants.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Fosun’s backing “do a Newcastle”. In this scenario there is no reason why not with JL at the helm.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More goals for, and putting teams to the sword rather than sit back and protect a slender lead.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking through this the common theme is sort out the attack, give us goals and entertainment. I think that's right, our defence and mf (even without Neves) isn't too bad but bar Neto and Cunha I don't care if JL cleared out our entire forward line. So many other variables with Silva and Sasa but the bottom line is we need that goal scoring CF from somewhere. The lift, having a decent goal scorer in the side, will give the team is immeasurable.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curiously our performance stats are

Top 6 - W1, D1, L9
7-12 - W 5, D4, L3
14-20 - W5, D3, L6

So very good against Villa to Palace, shocking against top 6 and bottom 7.

To progress to gain 61 points for Europe need to change this to something like:

Top 6 - W 3, D3, L6
7-12 - W5, D4, L3
14-20 - W 9, D3, L2

or eek out a couple more wins and draws from top 6 and really improve against bottom 7.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want any fears of relegation. 2 out of the past 3 years have been worrying and I don't need the stress. I'd also love a nice easy victory over someone. Hasn't happened since Watford last year.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the players moving on , the dead wood we have , and no money to buy, no striker , and a negative manager ,,,,sadly another relegation struggle

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here's my five -

See the 'kids' such as Collins, Pitbull and Bueno continue to develop and become more established in the side.

Play the ball out from the back without upping my blood pressure every time we do :(

Bring back 'The Liquidator'.

Attack more effectively through the middle of the pitch.

Hope that players such as Semedo, Hwang and (if he's here) Silva have great seasons to silence some of the moaning on here ;)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have none so far. We have players out on loan that might come and help us but take the likes of Neves, Traore and Podence out of this side and we have nothing.
We wouldn't have stayed up without them, and they are likely to leave now. I'm not convinced we are going to get anybody better than the wide forwards/wingers we have got; i don't think we have any money, and after 3 years of utter drivel played, with numerous signings that have flopped here, I don't think there will be many players that want to come. The only hope will be people wanting to play for Julen that have played for him before.
We managed to achieve 1 goal a game under Lopetegui so far. My feeling is that this will be as good as it gets under him. The money was spent/wasted in January. The damage has been done. Its another relegation battle coming our way.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess the club's ambition will be to avoid relegation once again, probably the best, in reality, we can hope for. with a cup run as a bonus.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess the club's ambition will be to avoid relegation once again, probably the best, in reality, we can hope for. with a cup run as a bonus.
That aye a dream it’s a nightmare come on let’s pretend we will do well :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopes
Fosun give JL the backing required for a rebuild
We play more advanced and attacking football
We finish top half
Expectations
We get half of what we need at best
We try a different style and go back to the old ways after 6 games
We finish bottom half

Back