Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hopes For Next Season

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A new stadium, revamped squad playing attacking, exciting football, goals galore, rid of that appalling away strip, the abolition of VAR and a return to respect on the football field. I can but dream!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mid table consolidation is the best we can hope for. JL more than capable of securing that, but it will not be pretty. To make any real progress from there we will need a lot of investment. Anybody's guess if we'll get it.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mid table consolidation is the best we can hope for. JL more than capable of securing that, but it will not be pretty. To make any real progress from there we will need a lot of investment. Anybody's guess if we'll get it.

Aren't we like the 6th highest spenders? Over the last few years, it's not like we don't get it. It's how we spend it. We can't be keeping up that spending anyway....

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aren't we like the 6th highest spenders? Over the last few years, it's not like we don't get it. It's how we spend it. We can't be keeping up that spending anyway....
True. With players like Bueno, Lemina, Gomes, Nunes, Boubekar, Kilman, Semedo, Neto, Silva, Adama there is plenty of talent already here. JL needs to start getting a tune out of them. That's down to his abilities as a coach. Add a good centre forward to that and a new CB and I think with a new tactical approach we could be in business.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They are idiots

It’s not how much you spend but how you spend it

Jeff shi should have been sacked by fosun the season after we signed Fabio silva

We’ve also wasted money on guedes and let Mgw go, wasted excessive amounts of money on Semedo and Cunha when there is better value available, and wasted wages on moutinho for two too many seasons due to their incapability to land a midfielder

Dawson, B traore and lemina and gones were great signings at good prices but pointless if they’ve screwed us over by doing mendes a favour

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we get the refereeing decisions that went against us this season balanced out...

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll keep it realistic.

A number 9 who can score at least 15 league goals and contribute with assists.

Fluid, direct attacking football played at pace.

Take inswinging dangerous corners.

Try to keep the ball for more than 2 touches after a throw in.

A central midfield general who can read the play brilliantly, read the 2nd ball and intercept well, in an attempt to fill the massive Neves void.

Keep Adama as an option and play him in a central free role on occasion.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
If Newcastle can do it, after being in a relegation battle last season, then why not go for it.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To finally see - after 3 long seasons - Wolves play with a number 9 who isn't either crocked or a geriatric... and then to get to 45 points as fast as possible. This season has been too exhausting with the relegation sword of Damocles hanging over us until May.

I don't expect anything more than mid-table, even if JL stays, Shi's incompetence over 3 years can't be plastered over that dramatically by one manager or rectified by a single transfer window.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are idiots

It’s not how much you spend but how you spend it

Jeff shi should have been sacked by fosun the season after we signed Fabio silva

We’ve also wasted money on guedes and let Mgw go, wasted excessive amounts of money on Semedo and Cunha when there is better value available, and wasted wages on moutinho for two too many seasons due to their incapability to land a midfielder

Dawson, B traore and lemina and gones were great signings at good prices but pointless if they’ve screwed us over by doing mendes a favour
Nice healthy dose of hindsight there, is that you Sir Keir?

Clipboard

Reaction score
To finally see - after 3 long seasons - Wolves play with a number 9 who isn't either crocked or a geriatric... and then to get to 45 points as fast as possible. This season has been too exhausting with the relegation sword of Damocles hanging over us until May.

I don't expect anything more than mid-table, even if JL stays, Shi's incompetence over 3 years can't be plastered over that dramatically by one manager or rectified by a single transfer window.
Yes. Me too. Would be good to not feel every game as a critical knife edge situation like it felt to me most of this season.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interesting thought. I just wish that COVID had nit effectively destroyed Nuno's plan. I would love to have seen where that would have taken us.
The tragedy in hindsight was how self-inflicted it was. The plan didn't need to be destroyed, other clubs pressed forward despite covid. Why did Nuno need to be fired? Why did the Shi/fanbase think we needed to drastically rethink everything? Stability and countering had been our strong point and now we have a club incapable of either. I have confidence in JL to deliver us mid-table next season, hopefully he shows us what his own identity is, but I'm not particularly optimistic long-term.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tragedy in hindsight was how self-inflicted it was. The plan didn't need to be destroyed, other clubs pressed forward despite covid. Why did Nuno need to be fired? Why did the Shi/fanbase think we needed to drastically rethink everything? Stability and countering had been our strong point and now we have a club incapable of either. I have confidence in JL to deliver us mid-table next season, hopefully he shows us what his own identity is, but I'm not particularly optimistic long-term.
I wouldn't disagree. Babies and bathwater....

Back
Top Bottom